QNX Software Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at QNX Software Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Ottawa, ON)

Interview

In span of few months, went through several interviews and some assignments. The interviewing manager doesn't bother reading or checking the assignments you submit. During the last phase of the interview the manager asks if the code works, despite having more than few months to review the code and test if it works. The assignments are a joke and they're never used for actual skill evaluation. They praise you during the interview process and string you along for a long time then offer a minuscule compensation package. Comparing the salary of CEO John Chen and average employee salary, you will see how unfairly their average employees are compensated. BB/QNX really needs to step it up and offer compensation package comparable to Shopify, Amazon, Microsoft, Intel, Facebook, and Apple. It’s wonders BB and QNX lost significant amount of talent to other tech companies.

Interview Questions
  • OS related questions, C, Linux
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Ottawa, ON)

Interview

The interview process was at home via a telephone call. The telephone call was made between me and 2 full-time engineers with Skype. I had applied to this position by navigating the careers page of the company and applying to all Co-ops in the list.

Interview Questions
  • what is a volatile variable and give three different examples.

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Ottawa, ON) in Feb 2019

Interview

The interview was like: - Phone interview with 2 managers that went through my resume and the old projects I did before and some technical questions. - Followed by sending me 2 written tests in C language and another one in python or shell script for testing. write it at home send after one week. - Followed with in person interview with 3 managers and one director going through the old experience and the test answers. - Then I met the VP it was nice interview and he also went through my old experience. - Then they had to do security check and screening. - Then I got the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Ottawa, ON) in Feb 2019

Interview

30min telephonic interview about the job and resume related questions followed by a take home test. Once submitted, there is a follow up 1 hour interview. Thats where my application ended :)

Interview Questions
  • Difference between process and thread Size of Union Basic C related

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Ottawa, ON) in Feb 2019

Interview

Gave me a C code before the interview and had to fix it. There was a couple of bugs and logic errors but were not too difficult to solve. Questions were related to the code and what functions do what.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

QNX Software Systems

Application

I interviewed at QNX Software Systems

Interview

PHONE INTERVIEW: general questions about your resume. Then talk about the code which sent to you. The code file is sent before the interview. But they do not have an online share board to talk about the issue of the code. Thus you only can use the line number to point out which code has some issue. After that ask some question about the c.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

QNX Software Systems

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems in Oct 2017

Interview

I applied through college or university. I got a call for a phone interview. The interview was purely technical with a focus on C programming skills. I was provided with a poorly written C program and asked to pinpoint the bugs in it. Follow-up questions were based on the bugs found in the program.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

QNX Software Systems

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems in Aug 2017

Interview

First interview by phone with shared screen. Technical questions and problem solving skills. Problems like: find issue with the code. Write specific function and unit test for it. And etc. In couple weeks there was second interview. Which was rescheduled several times. Technical questions and architecture questions. I would say I screwed up on second interview even though questions were not that complicated. I was preparing myself for multi-threading, algorithms and design questions. But there were bunch of questions related to processing strings. Answers for these questions are easy but not obvious when you stand next to white board. Probably because they interview a lot of people the interview process felt like roasting. It wasn't relaxed at all. Below I listed some of questions which I remember, but there were more. P.s. After couple weeks they have called me and offered a position. I have declined.

Interview Questions
  • Design architecture of social network. How would you post feed from client app. How would you notify other client app about new feed. What would table that stores user feeds look like?
  • Basic string processing questions like: verify given string is valid IP address with range 0 ... 255. Write unit test for it.
  • With given numbers (for example: 14115, 5123, 9434, 53, 837) find combination where concatenation of these numbers will return the largest possible number. (I thought this was dynamic programming question first. Then tried very lame approach, but the answer was really simple, which is embarassing).
  • Write basic hashset. How would you solve collisions (very straightforward).
  • In given c++ code find all issues. Code processes file: looks for a specific string is each line of the file. Specifically written poorly so it is hard to understand it.
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Kanata, ON) in Jul 2017

Interview

30 minutes tech interview with your contents in your resume. It includes your academic projects, your basic knowledge about the job requirements required. Some technical questions about git, java, VM, etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at QNX Software Systems (Ottawa, ON) in Jan 2017

Interview

First I had a quick phone interview with the HR talking about my skills. After I had a phone interview with a manager talking about the company, the position, my background and some technical questions. Then I had a technical test where I had to write some code and send back to be reviewed.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews