POPSUGAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

POPSUGAR Interview Questions

Interviews at POPSUGAR

2.8

Senior Audience Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It is now clear that I was used for free work. After reviewing all of the interview Glassdoor posts, past applicant experiences are similar to mine.

The hiring manager reached out to me directly, regarding the Sr. Audience Development Manager (Contract) role at Skincare.com / Makeup.com. I did not apply to the job.

I had a great interview with the hiring manager. HR reached out to schedule calls with the hiring team. However, it was interrupted by a request to submit free work beforehand. I sent in a lengthy assignment and was immediately ghosted quickly after that by the hiring manager.

Very unethical, and a terrible reflection on the company and hiring manager who requested it.

Producer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR.

Interview

Seemed political and lacking in strong leadership/ethics. I interviewed with a few members and one of the most senior folks in a leadership role asked me if I thought I was over qualified sure I have more years under my belt then what they advertise but if I’m willing to apply for a more junior role then where’s the issue. Honestly this was a pretty disappointing process (5 interviews) obviously I didn’t get an offer and they are still looking. This is politics and dysfunction at its finest.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my most challenging and notable shoot.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I reached out to a colleague who referred me for an internship. I had 1 phone interview and 2 in person interviews. I had all 3 interviews within a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to do something under pressure?   Answer Question

Senior Frontend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR in December 2018.

Interview

Contacted by the hiring manager directly. It was a 45 mins phone interview, went through my resume, and quite a few front end knowledge, including HTTP request, HTML, CSS (some fundamental knowledge, not just CSS properties), and JavaScript. It was supposed to discover what your limit is. I did good in this round.

Then after the first round phone interview, I was asked to do an assignment and was told there is no time limit. It is not an easy assignment, where you will need a little algorithm and heavily visual implementation. I worked 7 days a week in after hours and submitted the codepad link before Christmas, which I think I did a good job in time. Then come the holidays, the hiring manager got back to me after the new year and said he will take a look at it when he has time. Then 3 weeks later, after viewing he sent me a decline email, which I was super surprised about, as I think I definitely would pass this assignment and implemented as required. The hiring manager was nice enough to write me an email explaining why he failed me and gave me very detailed feedback on the part I missed implementing. It was reasons like I have console.log, comments in my code which I shouldn't have left in production code. Also, some small piece like edge case, or some missing part. Most of them are due to my last code review before submitting, I changed my HTML a little bit to make it more readable, but I forget to change the JavaScript correspondingly. Super super regret it...

Overall, I wish I can give a positive opinion on the experience. But personally, I think the interviewer should really focus on the bigger picture here to see how much potential the candidate has instead of picking on small errors during the interview process, considering this is not an easy assignment. Also, if feedback can be given more timely and appreciate the interviewee's time, it will be better, as the assignment review should not take more than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Josephus problem - Chair survivor visualization. People sit in N chairs in a circle, kill person 1, and skip Fibonacci number of people and kill another person, the killing will stop until you find the last survivor. Can use any library or framework. Do it in codepen, jsfiddle or any other online code editor.   Answer Question

Editorial Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was about two - three months long. I believe mine was extended a bit due to the holidays! However, this is a great company filled with positive, upbeat, and friendly employees. The interview process may have been long, but I met a lot of the team and was able to get a full understanding of what my job would entail.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was really to get to know one another as you complete a few edit tests before getting to this point. AKA - you proved you can write, but can you fit in with the team? Questions ranged from favorite TV show, to what your interests are ... etc.   1 Answer

QA Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The initial phone call was a rush decision to brought me onsite. I was told that the position was taken when I reached the company for the onsite. They were like..... Oh we have some other positions lets interview you. I got interviews to a whole new position and neither the interviewers or me was prepared at all.

Glad they get back to me the next day I was not technically fit. Well..... Right if i was technically fit for a completely different role than i had been working on, then I should say I was a genius. Glad they did not waste more of my time. But they did wasted my day. Very poor process and disorganized. Please think twice and keep checking with them before going onsite interview because the position might be filled on the spot.

Assistant Editor Interview

Interview

Terrible HR Department. I've also conveniently left two reviews here, and both were deleted months later. All around, I would highly recommend anyone not apply here if this is how they treat prospective employees.

PSS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with head of PSS, who dominated the conversation and talked badly about current employees and teams. Office seemed disorganized and like their wasn't a lot of work to do. People seemed creatively frustrated.

Interview Questions

• A few on the spot questions about how I'd handle certain asks.   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Interview

After submitting the application, I was asked to complete an edit test. I then had a 20 min phone interview, and she said I would hear back either way by the end of the following week. I hadn’t heard back, so a few days after the deadline she gave me, I sent a follow-up email to see if there were any updates on the position and I never received a response whatsoever. Considering I was already halfway though the interview process, a simple response letting me know they were going a different direction would have been appreciated. Was left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at POPSUGAR.

Interview

Was sent an edit test with a TON of writing and a LOT of work. It was over 14 pages and took me days to complete. They never answered me despite following up and having me complete this giant test...

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.