General Atomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

General Atomics Interview Questions

Interviews at General Atomics

2.9

Agent Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Paris (France)) in January 2015.

Interview

Test rh test tech test de sang hhhh et test d'adn cest vraiment long pour un jeune diplome mais comme meme tu peux changer d'avis puisque y aussi un test de sang

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

There was an initial screening phone call from HR. They asked general questions about my resume and mentioned I may get a phone call from a hiring manager if they were interested in speaking with me. I then received a call from HR to schedule a panel interview. Prior to the panel interview, I had to provide names and contacts for 5 references. Each of them had to fill out an extensive questionnaire on my personality, experience and strengths/weaknesses. At the panel interview, all of the panel members were extremely nice. The questions were focused on work experience and how it would tie in to a potential role they were looking to staff. I was very impressed with the organization.

Interview Questions

General Atomics Response

Jan. 27, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview experience with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Panel Interview. They did not get back to me in a timely manner. A month went by and they said the archived the position. They called me back two months later but I had already accepted a different position.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for a new job   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

First was the online application. They called 3 days after applying to set up a phone call interview. After that an in person interview was set up. I met with HR, a 5 person panel, then with two supervisors.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Phone Screening, Technical Interview then an onsite Interview.
    At the onsite, they asked me about projects and Resume and at the end had an hour long technical portion on a computer.

Interview Questions

• What is a RTOS and do you have any experience with it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying, the entire process consisted of a phone interview, followed by a meeting with HR , in-person interview with a panel of 3 software engineers, and coding assessment. The phone interview just asked simple logical, coding, and OOP questions as well as any questions I had about the company. I got called a week later to set up an in-person interview. HR just talked to me about benefits the company offers. The panel interview afterwards consisted of the majority of questions being about my projects, how I handled certain situations, my interests relative to the company, the programming languages I liked the most, etc. Gave plenty of room to ask them questions. The hour with the panel really felt more of a conversation, and with this being my first interview ever, I felt really comfortable talking to them. Afterwards, there was a one hour coding assessment; not difficult if you understand what the problem is asking you to do. I spent the first half hour doing it the wrong way; the second half hour I figured out what I had to actually do and finished it on time. After the in-person interview, I was called back within 4 days at which point they extended a job offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe to us what your senior design project was about and your responsibilities.   Answer Question

General Atomics Response

Jul. 3, 2017 – Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your interview with General Atomics and affiliated companies.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Took about 6 weeks total. First a phone interview then an on-site interview. The phone interview was basically C questions and the on-site interview was more behavioral questions. Then lastly, you write a program.

Interview Questions

• The programming test, in the end, did stump me for a while because I haven't worked with C in a while.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview.

Phone interview asked about object oriented programming, computer architecture, and my resume. Interviewer said he would recommend that I take an onsite interview at the end of the call.

Onsite interview consisted of an interview with my recruiter (HR person), an interview with the team (they asked about my resume and asked a design question), and a coding assessment with the manager (on a laptop using C).

I had another offer deadline coming up, and the recruiters were very helpful in speeding up the process and eventually getting an (informal) offer in before the deadline.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Rancho Bernardo, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Not a hard interview at all. However, the principle engineer was flat out rude. I did well in the algorithms, but at the first sign of trouble he became extremely condescending– to the point of even ridiculing me. I was literally choking back laughter at the pure audacity of his comments.

Interview Questions

• isPalindrome: iterative, recursive
      C pointer questions: Be very familiar with addressing and c-style strings and their properties in memory.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Atomics (Carlsbad, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview, they asked about your resume and languages. I would suggest brushing up on the details of the languages you listed on your resume.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.