General Atomics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

General Atomics Interview Questions

Interviews at General Atomics

2.9

Agent Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Paris (France)) in January 2015.

Interview

Test rh test tech test de sang hhhh et test d'adn cest vraiment long pour un jeune diplome mais comme meme tu peux changer d'avis puisque y aussi un test de sang

Analyst Interview

Interview

Several panel interviews and a few one on one interviews. A final meeting with the area Vice President following the last panel interview. VP made me wait in his office for over an hour before he arrived.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

Intensive, spoke with 3-4 different people, all pleasant. They were on a hiring freeze so they put the position on hold for a few months and then contacted me for a 2nd interview.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Atomics.

Interview

5 same day interviews, 5 hours and different panels. Not a bad experience but my game was thrown off course with the first interview. Over 20 years of project and program management and this was the most unusual interview process I’ve ever been though.

Interview Questions

• First interview was more of a statement. Trump is an idiot followed by ‘you can’t have friends at work, save it for the weekends’ and ‘I need the manager position to keep the engineers on task by whatever means’. Odd, but I actually liked the directness.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if the project went off course? Response: I’d handle it myself and only escalate if needed. Wrong answer as I could see the response in his facial and body gestures. Overall, a good experience but I wasn’t the right person for the job.   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Process takes a while, so be prepared to wait. Applied online in early January 2020, was given an interview mid march. Offer letter came 2 days ago. Compared to other companies i've interviewed with (namely Northrop Grumman), the GA hiring process takes much longer. Recruiters were very kind, but weren't the best at reaching out to inform you of next steps or when to expect them at all.

Interview Questions

• "How many line items do you manage in your warehouse on any given day?"   1 Answer

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Initial call with HR, followed by a ~1hr call with the hiring manager. After that an onsite interview that was about 3 hours long. Overall a great interview experience, they were very welcoming and I felt that all of their questions were great without any of the typical interview "fluff" questions. Unfortunately at the time had to turn them down, but a great interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Expect detailed questions about embedded systems, syntax, and variables. I think they were great questions for what the position expected, so I won't give them away on here, but if you are strong in your embedded skills you will be great. There was also a live programming exercise that wasn't too difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA (US)).

Interview

Process took about 2 months. First had a phone interview discussing my background and projects then in-person technical interview with whiteboard questions. Everyone was very nice, helpful and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• What is the integral of velocity over time?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Atomics (Poway, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

30 Minutes interview with recruiter + 1 Hour Panel Interview; quick tour on the offices, then behaviorial questions, and then a quick analysis about your experience, some of the questions are easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your work, projects, and deadlines?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter discussing my resume. Following that was a phone screening with the company. Basic CS questions were asked regarding memory and bitwise operations. Now an on-site interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Atomics (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Scheduled 30 min phone call. Interviewer skipped the expected "Tell me about yourself" question. Asked how much I knew about company then did a resume walk. Asked if I had any questions at end.

Interview Questions

• how much do you know about company.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.