FAA Interview Questions

Updated 29 Jan, 2016

2.4

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Interview occurred about one month after referral. Overall it was a very easy interview (nothing technical). It lasted 1.5 hours, and I was only allowed to ask one question of my own. After that waited a month and a half before receiving an automated message that I was not hired - not even a simple personal message from the people I interviewed with. Overall that left a very negative experience for me.

Interview Questions

• "Explain an experience in my past where I performed X, Y, and Z"   1 Answer

Compliance Manager - Anchorage AK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)).

Interview

Three person phone. Standard behavioral interview. Time limited to one hour. No questions on job knowledge. Phone panel...very cordial. Geared more toward the young professional than the experienced leader. If you take all your time on their questions they will not expand time to answer yours.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions. See any college HR book on staffing.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

Interview

Very personal and light hearted. Felt like it was a formality rather then a normal government interview. It was the only government interview that I ever had that was not a panel. The interviewer was the direct supervisor. Know yourself and your resume and you will do fine.

Junior Real Estate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FAA (College Park, GA (US)) in August-2015.

Interview

The interview process had three stages over the phone, and two inside office interviews which consisted of questions about my knowledge of real estate and my ethical standards as a mortgage lender and real property appraiser.The overall experience was very good and also extremely comprehensive. It was a tad invasive but that was understandable being the gravity of the position and level of responsibility involved.

Interview Questions

• What was my overall knowledge of real estate.   1 Answer

Airway Transportation Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FAA (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in July-2015.

Interview

Through Email and over the phone. It was very straight forward and the question were more about them trying to figure out if I had a clue about the job more than psychoanalytical garbage.

Interview Questions

• Several technical questions were asked   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not think to negotiate but after the fact I found out you definitely can so if you think you are worth more give it a shot.

General Aviation, Avionics Safety Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Chicago, IL (US)) in July-2015.

Interview

The interview process was very similar to the other Aviation Safety Inspector interview posts on this site. I applied for this position in June of 2015, then received a phone call about a month later from an FAA administrative officer who told me that I was selected by the hiring FSDO location for an interview at either Chicago or Atlanta, I chose Chicago because I'd never been there before. The actual interview was conducted in July of 2015, and consisted of a verification of my credentials, which included both my resumes (military and civilian), a valid driver's license, my FCC license, since it's an Avionics Inspector billet, and my DD214 for veteran's preference, as well as a formal Q&A session with a panel comprised of three different FSDO mangers from various locations. These managers were from Chicago, from the hiring FSDO location, and from a neutral site.

Interview Questions

• Each member of the interview panel took a turn asking me specifics question from a list of ten. These one to three part questions were geared to gather insight/information on my aviation experience, both military and civilian, my writing and speaking abilities/proficiency, education background, career supervisory responsibilities, how well I can evaluate and solve work related/ co-worker relation problems, how well I get along with others, how to utilize and execute ORM (operational risk management) within the work place as a team member and leader, what characteristics should a team member/leader possess, and finally asked me what's the soonest I could if I were selected, then they offered to answer any questions that I might have.   1 Answer

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAA (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Very vague. In fact, I was assigned projects as they became available. However, I soon began to enjoy the diversity of the projects that were assigned to me. I eventually became the project manager over three very important operations. It wasn't until that I realized the importance of the functions of duties that I performed, that made me know just how valuable my skill set had been. With that being said, it was then that I really began to grab the bulls by the horns.

Aviation Safety Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FAA in April-2015.

Interview

Simple submission via USAJobs. Uploaded all documents, i.e. Resume, FAA Certificates and Medical, etc... I was called 3 days after being referred, and interviewed one week later. My interview had 10 questions of a general nature, nothing very technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a co-worker, how you solved the issue, and was it a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

No interview really. You just apply if you meet the requirements. They will send you an email in a few months. Then you have to take the ATSAT test. If you pass that and the Questionnaire they will send you a TOL to be followed by an FOL.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Professional attire and questions concerning position of interest. HR sometimes has problems deciphering resumes and transcripts. You have to stay on top of them to assure problems are resolved.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working with software?   1 Answer