Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep, 2017

1.7

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Quick; print out application online, fill out, and bring to store...I came with a green shirt and pressed that I was ready to work that day lol Just have a good disposition

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Taylor, AZ (US)) in September-2017.

Interview

The person interviewing me was very professional and the questions were easy to answer and very straight forward. The atmosphere was professional and very easy to interview in. I put in an application and got a call for an interview shortly after. I got a job offer the same day as my interview.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Smithfield, VA (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

I filled out an application and immediately I turned it in and the manager walked out greeted me and told me that I had the job because they were desperate.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done stock before?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lighthouse Point, Broward, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Lighthouse Point, Broward, FL (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, no tricks, I was hired on the spot. The store manager just asked the same questions that are on the application and then told me to start filling out the hiring app on their computer.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift heavy objects on your own?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Annapolis, MD (US)) in July-2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional. It wasn't that long about half hour and afterwards your new hire paperwork is completed and you get your pay card (if that's what you choose and schedule that day. It was a good and comfortable interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked like what would you do if having to work under pressure with a deadline, how would you deal with an angry customer, and how to work with a coworker that wasn't "favorable" so to speak.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Albuquerque, NM (US)) in July-2017.

Interview

Very casual & comfortable. I just sorta happened onto this job while shopping. I began visiting with an Assistant Manager on Sunday while picking up a few things, asked if he'd consider me, took an application, brought it back a couple days later, chatted some more and started working the next week.

Interview Questions

• About my situation, times available, stuff like that.   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Interview

Explained what they stand for and what they would expect of me. Gave me an overview of the schedule and how many people were on the team. Also shared pay rate and asked when I cpuld I start.

Interview Questions

• Why I would be an asset to his team?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Fort Worth, TX (US)).

Interview

Interview process is simple with basic information given about the job and responsibilities involved. Questions are based on you being able to do the required tasks involved. Response on outcome given immediately upon receipt of background check.

Interview Questions

• The work involves you work shifts and lift cases weighing between 20 - 40 pounds. Are you able to do this?   3 Answers

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Spring Hill, FL (US)).

Interview

None really . They are desperate for bodies because everyone gets fired. Three write ups and your gone. Expect them to write you up and not train you properly. You only get 10 minutes of training and watch a video that is as old as dinosaurs.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Very easy. The manager was very nice and asked me simple questions, like if I have ever handled cash before. The decision was made right after the interview, I was asked what my schedule was like and when I could start.