Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jun, 2018

1.7

Distribution Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Bernardino, CA (US)) in June-2018.

Interview

I got there and waited about 30 minutes before they called me for the interview. We went up to the second floor and I was asked a few questions. I asked about what days I would be working if hired because it wasn't clear before.

Interview Questions

• What shift would you prefer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Interview lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. It did not take long at all. I interviewed with the store manager and met the assistant manager. I was asked when I could work and what hours I could work. They were only hiring part time and that was fine with me because I will be going to school too. It took me about a week to start.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawleys Island, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Pawleys Island, SC (US)) in May-2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview for store managers position in Pawleys Island, S.C. and formal interview was the next day. He did not ask any interview questions. I was told that he was moving the asistant up. Wanted to know if I wanted the asistant job and top pay was $13 hour. I told him that I could not work for nothing remotely close to that. Very unprofessional. I have over 15 years retail management experience and never had anything like this happen. He should have been up front and said he was moving the asistant up. The story does not end their. I get a call a few days later from a different dollar tree. I tell the lady on the phone I have had an interview with the DM in Pawleys. She said that he wanted her to interview me. I figured that maybe it's for another store. Turns out that the lady is a store manager that is hiring an asistant and the DM gave her my application by mistake.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Phila, PA (US)) in May-2018.

Interview

It was a smooth interview, friendly and so professional, not much can pull that kind of stunt. Showed me I'am just at the right place & job for me. The interview was done by two managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you know your customer is wrong and how you dealt wih the situation.   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Marietta, GA (US)) in April-2018.

Interview

Quick and simple. Interview lasted about 10 min. I was then offered the job on the spot. The manager was very gracious, kind, and carefree. Very relaxed environment. I would recommend anyone who is looking for their first part time job to be at Dollar Tree.

Interview Questions

• Asked what times I was available, previous work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Kansas City, MO (US)) in April-2018.

Interview

basic interview with predictable question however manager was willing to answer any question. Turned in application in store and giving a interview date with manager. was giving tour and explanation of job duties and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose dollar tree   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Burlington, NC (US)) in April-2018.

Interview

I saw a now hiring, open interview, flyer on Glassdoor pat their retail store. Instructed to only come on Tuesdays from 2 to 4 pm. I came during that time and spoke with store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • They asked about scheduling.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollister, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Hollister, CA (US)).

Interview

Manager was a little to friendly. Kept touching me and calling me hon, dear or princess. The first day of orientation the manager had an emergency and did not show up. He failed to communicate that to me. When I came in for orientation it had been reschudled without notifying me.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Hamburg, NY (US)) in March-2018.

Interview

Very Casual and Laid Back, Informal. Was asked a few questions about my previous work history, in which the store manager was very impressed and had to make a call to the GM. GM gave him the go ahead to hire me without a second interview, on the condition that I pass the personality assessment. The assesment was iffy, there were a lot of questions that seemed like they could mean the same thing. The questions were not hard, but if you are not reading carefully, or if you click something wrong, you might be denied. If you are denied once for management, you are never allowed to move up, this is what the store manager told me.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle time management?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in March-2018.

Interview

3 interviews, phone interview with a recruiter, then interview with a DM and a Regional Manager. Each interview was really laid back, and a lot of get to know who you actually are mixed in with the typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to motivate a stubborn team member.   Answer Question