Dollar Tree Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Dollar Tree Canada

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dollar Tree Canada

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree Canada in July 2017.

Interview

I had met the manager, she asked if I was 17, which I wasn't I was 16, but she squeezed me in. She told me to drop off my resume and I did, the next day she called for an interview and I went in for it, the interview wasn't formal at all, she literally said "so you're already hired, no doubt" we just talked about direct deposit and my availability and also about her broken hand.

Interview Questions

• Are you SURE you are available on weekends? I know people say they are but they always call in.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a bank account with direct deposit?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a green shirt, black pants (not jeans) and black shoes?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree Canada (Oshawa, ON) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a phone call one day during the summer in august and i went to dollar tree on the following saturday for the interview with my resume in hand. When i got there i asked where to go and i got sat in the back room. Then my employer asked me what days i was available and didn't look at my resume. She then told me to wear something less formal because i started out with changing the layout of the store.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree Canada (Vancouver, BC) in April 2012.

Interview

The Regional Manager usually gives the initial interview. When you pass it, you will be interviewed by the store manager. It was a casual and straight-forward interview. Basic questions will be asked, nothing difficult nor mind-boggling. Each interview would only take about 15-20 minutes. At the end of the interview, the interviewer will tell you the responsibilities and duties for the job and what will be the expectation from you. You in return will be asked your expectations for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best person for this role?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree Canada.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. First one was with the District Manager (face to face), second was with a training manager (phone) and the third was with the Regional Manager (phone). Their questions were not difficult. They all stressed that in order to be successful, I would need to be prepared to do the shipments and merchandising. They were all very open about the role and its requirements

Interview Questions

• Super basic interviews, The two telephone interviews were mostly their way of ensuring that I would go through the 5 week training and beyond without looking for other work.
      The hardest question was "Can you tell me about yourself?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Airdrie, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree Canada (Airdrie, AB) in February 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview by three district manager and one live interview with your district manager

Interview Questions

• Situational questions and behaviour based questions For example explain a situation when you had to bend the rules a little.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary. Did not get all what I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree Canada (London, ON).

Interview

The interview took place at a Tim Hortons. I was asked about my mentality, aspirations, and past experience. Very little depth to the interview regarding my past, and more about my character. Very casual process, executed by a DM, and then repeated by an RM. The DM lasted 10 min or less, and the RM about the same.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself being in the next 5 years   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree Canada (Cambridge, ON) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied in person in Cambridge, about a month later I was called in for an interview, then four days later was offered the job. Interview was 5 minutes and fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you knew your customer was wrong and how you delt with it.   1 Answer
    • Whats your greatest strengths and weaknesses ?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Interview

They asked some basic interview questions, why I want the job etc and then asked about my volunteer experiences and if those prepared me to work at dollar tree. Pretty friendly staff and good sense of humor.

Cashier - Dollar Tree Canada Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree Canada (Winnipeg, MB) in October 2013.

Interview

I handed a resume in and basically got the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions. This should have been my first warning of an unprofessional work environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would advise people to never work here. You'll be absolutely miserable

Cashier - Dollar Tree Canada Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree Canada (Burlington, ON) in February 2012.

Interview

- I walked in and they hired me on the spot for a new location opening in my city
    - We talked about scheduling flexibility and when I could bring in my information

Interview Questions

• - When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.