Charles River Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Charles River Laboratories

2.7

Statisticien Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Montreal, QC) in April 2017.

Interview

tu dois passer un test sur la manipulation du logiciel SAS, les questions sont très difficiles à répondre.
    L'entrevue avec la directrice est très sympa , elle voulais connaitre le parcoure scolaire , le savoir statistique et elle a fait part de la description du poste

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV (US)).

Interview

1. Brief phone interview with HR representative
    2. In person interview with Quality Assurance managers - then another interview with HR representative

The thing that was annoying about this interview process was the long waiting times.

Interview Questions

• Q: Mostly the everyday type of questions: how do you work in groups? Give example of a workplace issue and how you solved it? Can you handle high pressure work place? How do you deal with deadlines? Etc.   Answer Question

Farmhand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catskill, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Catskill, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied for a different position , was told I’d be a better fit doing something else for the company. Huge waste of time, about a months worth. Got the job offer and got the results of the background check, they couldn’t verify my education or my work history. Asked for a w2 and I provided it, then that wasn’t good enough so I needed paystubs . And then they needed my education transcripts. I withdrew my application even after they made an offer.

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Ashland, OH (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I was initially called by HR for a phone screen within 2 hours of applying to the job. He asked about my experience and explained a lot about the position. 2 weeks later I received a call from another HR person who told me that I had gotten an interview. He walked me through what the interview would look like and gave me a couple questions to be prepared to answer during the interview. On the day of the interview, it started off with a group tour of the facility. After the tour, we were split off into individual interviews, where I interviewed with 2 of the staff members who were part of the department that they thought I would fit best in based off of my experiences and research interests. The interview consisted of them asking a couple questions about the facility and the position, followed by a lot more information based on the question they asked. It was more of a conversation than an interview, which I did enjoy because it helped me feel more comfortable during the interview. I heard back that night saying that they wanted to move forward with an offer.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Ashland, OH (US)).

Interview

A third party does all of the hiring, they're very friendly and communicative and coach you through the interview. The interview itself was around an hour. We did a small group tour and then were split into singles to interview with the department we were selected for (I did not get to choose my department). The individual interviews lasted about 20 minutes.
    I heard back from them within one week.

Research Associate Interview

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the talent acquisition team. After a week, I was invited for an on- site interview. They provided lunch. I met with the hiring manager, other Research Associates, and HR. They explained about their company, position, and benefits. After a week, I received a feedback from the talent acquisition team saying that they really liked me and they will send me a formal offer over the next a few days. I haven't heard back from them for about a week and when I followed up, they said that they have some internal issues and are not ready to make an offer anytime soon!

Associate Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matawan, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Matawan, MN (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

cleared the screening, Got an onsite interview. They gave a †our of the facility, Felt like the company people weren't prepared for me. dint have any technical questions.
    The feedback that I was given is that I dont have enough work experience for that particular position. They already should have known that before wasting my 2 days for an onsite interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

It was more of a conversation than an interview. They're not there to grill you, but rather assess your personality and how you might fit within the department you applied for. I applied for both Lab Assistant and Research Assistant, and got a 3 part interview meeting with various people in different departments so they could see where I would best fit. They told me they intended to assess me for the higher up of the two positions I applied for since I have my bachelors degree, so that was encouraging as it was apparent they wanted me to actually be able to use the skill I have. The questions were pretty normal, how do you deal with stress/what you liked about your previous job/what job didn't you like/how would your coworkers describe you. They also just want to know more about you like what brought you to the area, what do you like to do, etc. I received the benefits package overview during my interview and the people I met seemed excited to talk with me. Overall it was a very good and encouraging experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is you biggest accomplishment in the past year?   Answer Question
    • Which of your previous jobs was you least favorite and why?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where your boss added things to your daily to-do list?   Answer Question

Production Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories.

Interview

HR call ( HR questions were easy) --> on site interview ( it was with a site tour as well). HR was an administrative person who was very good. After that another HR contacted me to schedule an appointment and then I was called for an interview. Interview lasted about 45 mins including the site tour. The interviewer was very good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Past Experiences in Teamwork
      Past experiences relevant to the internship   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

It was a phone interview with 3 people from the company. One of them was late, the other person from HR did not even talk. They completely misread my CV and asked about techniques I have never used. After I clarified they became silent for half a minute. Apparently, I was muted. The interview was scheduled for an hour but it was done in 14 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was the highest number of projects I have ever worked on simultaneously? How did I deal with them?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.