Charles River Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Charles River Laboratories

2.7

Statisticien Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Montreal, QC) in April 2017.

Interview

tu dois passer un test sur la manipulation du logiciel SAS, les questions sont très difficiles à répondre.
    L'entrevue avec la directrice est très sympa , elle voulais connaitre le parcoure scolaire , le savoir statistique et elle a fait part de la description du poste

Lab Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Morrisville, NC (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

The company uses a 3rd party to recruit and organize their shortlist of candidates. Actual interviews get conducted by the hiring team and its senior members and an HR representative.

Interview Questions

• The senior members of the staff were curious as to what order of steps I would take in growing large quantities of cell cultures.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories in January 2013.

Interview

Came in, wound up being group interviewed. All in all a positive interviewing process, all staff I met seemed friendly. Had no issues with the interviews, first was a HR interview followed by a group interview with current staff. All in all it was a positive experience

Interview Questions

• What skills I had relevant to the position   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview that lasted maybe 10 minutes which went over basic background experience and typical interview questions. A few days later I was called back and an in-person interview was scheduled. During the in-person interview, I interviewed with two groups, a group of supervisors and a group of lab technicians. The process took roughly an hour, and it took a month to hear back about the interview results.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in a situation where you had to work with somebody and there was a conflict?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Skokie, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview process was laid back. I was given a mini tour of the lab as I was getting interviewed. After the tour, I was placed in a room for a personal interview with the other two managers.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories.

Interview

Got a call from HR. Initially asked me basic interview questions and discussed a little about the job. Next was an interview with the supervisor and senior supervisor. About 10 questions were asked. Quick and straight to the point. Took a month to get notified of the result.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories in October 2017.

Interview

I left a resume on Indeed and a recruiter contacted me if I was interested. I decided to go forward and I had an initial interview with her then I got passed along to the project director. I heard back quick. This took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe your teamwork experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe your skills relevant to the position based on the responsibilities of the job posting.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with a poor coworker on a group project?   Answer Question

Aquatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southbury, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Southbury, CT (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Contacted me through LinkedIn. I was asked to do a initial interview which was adequate in asking all the basic interview questions. I was contacted again to do a secondary interview with the project manager at the site which went fine. I heard back within a week that they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience and why you will be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Aquatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Bethesda, MD (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I initially applied through company website for a Technician position close to my home. A couple days later a recruiter (very nice & helpful lady) called me and left a message stating that I didn’t quite qualify for the position I applied for but another position ”Aquatics Specialist” fit my experience background better, however, was a further commute if I was still interested. Next Day I had a phone interview with the recruiter. It was pretty easy. Basic questions about my resume and my experience related to the position. Then the next week I had in-person interview with the project managers. One manager showed me around the facility and a quick rundown of the research they do at the NIH. All the workers were dressed very casually. Then we did a Q&A session, discussed responsibilities, benefits, and pay rate with two managers. A little overwhelming but the managers seemed very down to earth. The next day the recruiter called stating that they would like to offer me the position. A few days later I received my offer letter in the mail, as well as, drug testing and physical appointment info.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about ensuring the consumers a quality product?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with animal experimentation and euthanasia?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of salary.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Laboratories (Reno, NV (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

I met with two groups of people. If memory serves, one group was more lab based and the other more paper-work based, although I'm not quite sure. Both groups were nice and suprisingly casual, that being said the experience was still intimidating. We went over my resume, future class schedule, and the typical interview questions ("tell us about a mistake you made and how you handled it." "Tell us about yourself" etc...).

Interview Questions

• You are lacking experience, why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.