Canalyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canalyst

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canalyst (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Poor interview process. They will give you a few minutes to go through a case study and then discussion shall follow. Be prepared to have a healthy discussion during the interview. Don't be fooled by positive feedback from the interviewer, they just don't want to lie on your face.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

Interview

You will get an email with a proposed date for the interview couple days/weeks after applying. Then there are 2 rounds of interviews. First with one of the co-founders who is responsible for the equity research team. Technical interview, need to know finance, accounting, macro. Second one is a group interview with several experienced people. Also many technical questions, need to know accounting inside out. Be ready for some "uncomfortable" questions.

Interview Questions

• Take a look at this (a print out with some financial information about a random company) and tell me about this company?   1 Answer

Equity Research Associate Interview

Interview

The overall interview is very pleasant, even though the technical questions are hard. You have to know your stuff inside and out.
    Basic behavior questions and technical questions for corporate finance, accounting, and economics. Also, you need to pay attention to what's happening in the industry. Asked me some questions about my investible ideas and opinions.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canalyst.

Interview

Honestly, even before the interview started with questions. I did not like the vibes and reaction that I received from the founder. He was always on his phone while I was answering his questions. Even though I stayed to just get the interview over and done with, I was considering get up and leaving. I really hope the company reevaluates the way they treat candidates as I spent a long time prepping and commuting to get to the interview. Strongly recommend against this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canalyst (Vancouver, BC) in June 2018.

Interview

The interviewer was very casual but there were many technical questions from economics, corporate finance, and financial analysis. So you need to know accounting and annual report inside and out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canalyst (Vancouver, BC) in May 2019.

Interview

Very hard and competitive. Be prepared to be tested on the spot with technical, accounting, economic, Merger and acquisition questions. They start by asking you a little about your experience. Then they dive into accounting questions, stocks you are currently following and reasons for add them to your portfolio.

Interview Questions

• If you were a lumber producer, would you prefer interest rates to rise or decline ?   1 Answer
    • If Company A buys P,P and E for $10 million, what are the effects on the financial statements at the start of year 1 and the end of year 1?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canalyst (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 rounds - One was a 1 hr technical finance and accounting round which was tough and puts you on the spot and the other was a behavioral interview and getting to understand the background and how you fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• 3 accounting statements and links, think about valuation in detail   Answer Question

Equity ResearchFull Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canalyst (Toronto, ON) in July 2019.

Interview

I interviewed this week in Toronto with one of their analysts. Overall a great experience. The analyst was very smart and kind. He asked tough technical questions in accounting, economics and valuations/multiples and stuff. One of the best interview experiences I have had so far

During Q&A I asked him about what the company does and why it exists/pros and cons and he gave me a very informative and refreshing answer. Seems like you can learn a lot working there and I hope I get the chance to join the team

Interview Questions

• Gave me a printout of statements and told me to analyze the company (how it has done overtime)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.