CIBT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CIBT Interview Questions

Interviews at CIBT

2.3

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBT (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied for the Client Service Representative position but was contacted about an Office Assistant Support position. That should have been red flag number one. But I took it to mean that the representative reviewing resumes thought my resume seemed like a better fit. The interviewer did make an attempt at being professional but she was not. I wanted to be respectful of her time, so as soon as I got an opportunity to exit the interview diplomatically (the pay was way below what I'm making now), I politely declined, thanked her for her time and wished her a good day. Oddly enough, right after the interview she called me back to say they would consider me for the Client Service Rep position instead. The one that I applied for. I advised to keep my resume on file, but I have no interest in working for this company. What a waste of time. The bad reviews on this company seem to be valid. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• The usual tell me about yourself and your experience questions. Be prepared to be cut off and interrupted lot.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBT.

Interview

Phone call was made by HR. Spoke to HR then an in person interview with Director. Met the director and went through the interview process. Questions were fairly easy. Mainly just discussing your background.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIBT.

Interview

Informal, behavior based questions looking for specific examples. Approximately 1 hour long with a roleplaying exercise. Interview was not private with a structured number of questions. They want to know about your ability to handle difficult customers and stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned an angry customer around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBT (McLean, VA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was straight forward. I applied online and was contacted first by email for a phone screen interview with HR and moved to a second phone screen interview with the Hiring Manager. I was then invited for an in-person interview with Hiring Manager. I was offered the position that I accepted.

The interviews were to know me as a person, professional and also to test my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How did I reacted when the management didn't follow my recommendations regarding a critical issue.   Answer Question

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBT (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

On an employee referral I met the owner for a sit-down after a brief exchange of emails and phone calls. We met for about 2 hours. It was more a discussion than interview. The interview started at a conference center and I was later invited to lunch. They offered me the position.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIBT (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. I was invited into a face to face interview with the hiring manager, then again with their manager. This followed a phone conversation to screen my resume. The process was pretty painless, and introduced me to the key people that I would be interacting with. I was offered the position over the phone shortly after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Absolutely not wiling to negotiate - even a few dollars!

Visa Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBT in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed twice. The first time with the Director. The second interview was with the Operations Manager. Both interviews went well! However, I never heard anything back? If a potential candidates interviews with you; it's because they like the organization and need a job. Have enough decency and integrity to inform them if they've got the job or not. It reflects negatively on CIBT when a candidate is left to infer that they weren't considered. Radio silence is not cool!

Marketing Database Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBT.

Interview

got a call form the recruiter, then a call from the hiring manager, who invited me for an in person interview...the interview went over the scheduled end time by 45 mins because the VP thought that they could fit me into another position as well, therefore, interview with the hiring manager of the other position...it was totally unexpected. Anyways...by the end of the interview, the manager who invited me in told me that everything was great, I should hear back from the "very soon"...hey guess what? has been over a week and I've followed up twice...no one from their end even has the courtesy of telling me whats going on!
    Since they kept on emphasizing how many hats a person need to wear at their company, I'm pretty sure if hired, they will have me do both jobs while only paying me the salary of 1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBT (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Got called for a phone interview. Got called to set up in person interview. Arrived at CIBT's front desk and they sent me to a totally different company down the hall. After sitting in the Pearson company down the hall for 10 mins, the rep told me that I had the wrong company. I told her I was here for CIBT and she walked me back down to the company that I originally came to. Apparently the front desk reps was not aware of an interview. The rep told me to have a seat and that someone would be bringing me out documents to sign. After sitting there for 15 mins, a lady comes out to hand me a whole application as if they had none of my info on file. While filling out the app, about 10 mins had passed and another lady came out and said "Your interview was at 9:00. I told her that I had been sent to the wrong company and that I had been here for quite some time now. She goes on to say "well we have a meeting so we cant interview you". I said I wish I would have known that 30 mins ago. And that was it. No sorry, no reschedule, nothing. Just a complete hour commute downtown wasted. The two reps that sent me down to the wrong company witnessed this and never spoke up about their mistake. This is a totally unprofessional company. Even after reading all of the horrible and negative reviews I still gave it a chance and wasted my complete time. The next day I see them back on indeed hiring for the same position. Im pretty sure they took a look at my african american face and had a change of heart. Do not work for this company. Everyone looked sad, over worked and stressed out. The manager can barely speak english.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBT (McLean, VA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Originally, I applied for a position in the McLean branch. I did a phone screening as well as face to face interview with a director and a manager. I enjoyed speaking with them regarding my experience as well as learning about their company. After the face to face interview, I immediately got a call saying I might be better fit at their DC branch.

When I had an interview at their DC branch, it was wonderful. I received an offer from them.

My advice is be yourself, share your previous working experience, and be prepared to answer any scenario questions. The people I talked to on the phone and in-person are very friendly.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.