Bennett Jones LLP Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 14 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bennett Jones LLP

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

Applied to a Linkdin posting and forwarded a resume. Later came in for an interview with the HR and the lawyer I would be assisting. Lawyer was amazing and worked with her for a few years and even later rejoined her at another company.

Interview Questions
  • What I would bring to the role? What my experience was?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (North Toronto, ON) in Mar 2020

Interview

Initial interview was phone screen, then I had to do a skills testing which lasted about an hour or so. Interview process was fast and straight to the point. She was also very understanding and patient. Seemed to be in a hurry. I hope this is helpful for other people. Reviews about the workplace also helped.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bennett Jones LLP

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP

Interview

It was fairly straightforward, they ask a combination of all three types of interview questions. Very formal process and received a response within three days about whether I had gotten the position or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bennett Jones LLP

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I met with recruiter, then went in and met the head lawyer and manager. Second interview again with another lawyer and the corporate manager.

Interview Questions
  • They just asked general questions, including corporate governance questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2018

Interview

I was invited for a telephone interview. It lasted for about 20 mins. The questions are mainly about introducing yourself and some inquiries of my resume. The HR is polite and responsive overall.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Edmonton, AB) in May 2018

Interview

The process was simple and quick. 2 interviews were conducted, one with HR and another took place with the lawyer. Was made to feel very comfortable during the interviews and was given enough opportunities to ask questions. It was a warm and pleasant atmosphere.

Interview Questions
  • Reason for quitting my previous jobs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2018

Interview

A 30 min (approx) telephone interview followed by an invitation to attend in person. The in person interview was 2 hours -1 hour test and 1 hour for face to face (but ran to 2.5 hours due to waiting and delays). The interview started with a grammar spelling and proof reading test on hard copy, followed by a Microsoft Word / and some excel formatting test. Instructions on paper had to be followed and applied to a document on the computer ( took about 1.5 hours for the test). Thereafter we had a face to face where asked questions for about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Toronto, ON)

Interview

The first was a phone screening. It's hard to remember but I think it lasted approximately half an hour. At the end I was invited to attend for an in-person interview with HR. I found HR extremely pleasant and professional. I was quite nervous because I actually really wanted the job but she was relaxed and welcoming and that put me at ease. The interview itself was lengthy. The questions were thorough and it's evident that they search for the right candidate by determining what you liked about previous positions, why you are leaving your current one, and what you are looking for. They want to match the right person to the right lawyer. About an hour to an hour and a half in, another team member was brought into the interview. The three of us spent about another hour or a bit longer in discussion. I was provided with a test, a questionnaire and grammar/spelling testing. At the end I was invited back to meet the lawyer on another date. I met the lawyer about two weeks later. I was asked about my opinion at the end of the interview and I was genuinely interested in the position. I received my offer several days later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Calgary, AB) in Nov 2015

Interview

Great interview process. Something I enjoyed was not only do you interview with HR but also your future boss which means you can ask direct questions on the tasks and job and get clear answers from your future boss and also gauge if their personality and expectations match yours. Standard questions.

Interview Questions
  • Transferable experience and skills?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Calgary, AB) in Nov 2015

Interview

Short 30 minute interview. It started off casual with the end being behavioural questions based. Had of the interview was open to questions from the interviewee to the interviewer. My interview was later on in the day and it seemed as if they had made their mind up prior to my entering the conference room.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews