Bennett Jones LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Bennett Jones LLP Interview Questions

Interviews at Bennett Jones LLP

3.2

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP.

Interview

It was fairly straightforward, they ask a combination of all three types of interview questions. Very formal process and received a response within three days about whether I had gotten the position or not.

Senior Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I met with recruiter, then went in and met the head lawyer and manager. Second interview again with another lawyer and the corporate manager.

Interview Questions

• They just asked general questions, including corporate governance questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Toronto, ON) in August 2018.

Interview

I was invited for a telephone interview. It lasted for about 20 mins. The questions are mainly about introducing yourself and some inquiries of my resume. The HR is polite and responsive overall.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Edmonton, AB) in May 2018.

Interview

The process was simple and quick. 2 interviews were conducted, one with HR and another took place with the lawyer. Was made to feel very comfortable during the interviews and was given enough opportunities to ask questions. It was a warm and pleasant atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Reason for quitting my previous jobs   1 Answer

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Toronto, ON) in April 2018.

Interview

A 30 min (approx) telephone interview followed by an invitation to attend in person. The in person interview was 2 hours -1 hour test and 1 hour for face to face (but ran to 2.5 hours due to waiting and delays).

The interview started with a grammar spelling and proof reading test on hard copy, followed by a Microsoft Word / and some excel formatting test. Instructions on paper had to be followed and applied to a document on the computer ( took about 1.5 hours for the test).

Thereafter we had a face to face where asked questions for about 20-30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Toronto, ON).

Interview

The first was a phone screening. It's hard to remember but I think it lasted approximately half an hour. At the end I was invited to attend for an in-person interview with HR. I found HR extremely pleasant and professional. I was quite nervous because I actually really wanted the job but she was relaxed and welcoming and that put me at ease. The interview itself was lengthy. The questions were thorough and it's evident that they search for the right candidate by determining what you liked about previous positions, why you are leaving your current one, and what you are looking for. They want to match the right person to the right lawyer. About an hour to an hour and a half in, another team member was brought into the interview. The three of us spent about another hour or a bit longer in discussion. I was provided with a test, a questionnaire and grammar/spelling testing. At the end I was invited back to meet the lawyer on another date. I met the lawyer about two weeks later. I was asked about my opinion at the end of the interview and I was genuinely interested in the position. I received my offer several days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate too much because my offer was very fair and I was happy with it. The one thing I negotiated couldn't be agreed to on the spot and it had to be run by someone else first. A few weeks later it was confirmed and agreed to what I requested.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Calgary, AB) in November 2015.

Interview

Great interview process. Something I enjoyed was not only do you interview with HR but also your future boss which means you can ask direct questions on the tasks and job and get clear answers from your future boss and also gauge if their personality and expectations match yours. Standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Transferable experience and skills?   1 Answer

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Calgary, AB) in November 2015.

Interview

Short 30 minute interview. It started off casual with the end being behavioural questions based. Had of the interview was open to questions from the interviewee to the interviewer. My interview was later on in the day and it seemed as if they had made their mind up prior to my entering the conference room.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Calgary, AB) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, I met with them then they set up the interview with the HR. I met with the HR once and she set up an interview with two lawyers.

Interview Questions

• work specific questions;
      what was I looking for in a job   1 Answer

Paralegal/Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bennett Jones LLP (Edmonton, AB) in February 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the office manager at the end of their business hours and was held at their office. I didn't get to see much of the office nor the legal support work spaces (I personally like to see what the work areas for legal support staff are like as quite often they are not very good). The interview started pretty quickly with just the office manager present. The beginning Q & A was fairly typical - covering my present employment, education, confirmation of my references, etc.., a little bit of information about the position itself was provided. Then the questions became a bit more designed to elicit personality attribute type information like: What is your proudest accomplishment? What are your goals? . . . that kind of thing.

Interview Questions

• One interview question really stood out for me though and I found the question to be very telling of the office's culture. I was asked: What is the first thing you do in the morning when you get to work?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.