B&M Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

B&M Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at B&M Retail

2.0

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

they asked me about my previous job and why did i leave the job and about customer service . they asked me about my availability and how many hours I can work a week . Also asked me if i can work late shift as well. Asked about transportation as well.

Interview Questions

• why did your leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Gathered many of us potential employees into a room and gave us a presentation about the company, followed by scanning ID's and providing right to work forms. Then was sent to 1 on 1 interviews with one of several managers/ deputy managers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Was super informal, had it with the customer service manager. The first question I was asked was about what shift work. Was very calm and felt very relaxed - good environment overall.

Shop Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Handed my cv in. Had a phone call a few days later from the manager inviting me in for an interview. Asked me a few questions and got told I had the job and I would be contacted to start induction within the week. I would print out the application form from their website and fill it in before your interview to be prepared and save time there.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Handed CV into store.
    Called me a few weeks later asking if I could come to an interview.
    Interviewed with manager and assitant manager.
    Very friendly and relaxed. No tough questions, just asked about CV and about your personality. Called me the same day as the interview to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you succesfully worked in a team.   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

It was good. they went through couple of OOP design related question and design pattern. Although this was my first interview outside my country therefore i was a bit nervous at the beginning but the person took my interview was very friendly. i felt confident after talking couple of minutes with him. he kept it going for about 30 -45 min i guess

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

Got a phone call asking questions about salary, was told to expect a call from area manager . Did not receive any call back , I received an email to say the role had been filled. Then received another email saying email was an error! Then another email saying role was filled?

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail in April 2019.

Interview

Nothing special. The woman interviewing me asked me some hypothetical questions as well as if I have any experience in customer service. Then some technical questions such as my availability and any holidays booked.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking for availability, gave email outlining availability. Came in for interview. My interview was 2 hours long but this was definitely not typical, interviews are around 30 mins in length

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my policy making ability   1 Answer
    • Asked how I handled officers eg rotas, sickness, holidays   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

I received a call after one week from the store manager after submitting my cv in store. The process took about 2 weeks and I went for the interview. There was first a group interview and I was brought one to one in a separate room. Interview was informal in a groups of 4 to 5 people, the manager popped out a 30 questions quiz, each person have to choose one question and give an answer. One to one interview was very informal too, manager asking about the availability and work hours etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.