Aveda Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 72 of over 72 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Aveda

Application

I interviewed at Aveda

Interview

Interviewed with store manager and district manager. Both interviews went well as we went over my prior positions and responsibilities, but had to wait for a call back for a while and ending up taking another position.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Aveda?
    1 Answer

Aveda

Application

I interviewed at Aveda

Interview

It was straight forward. Overall, I would say relax and remember that it is a conversation to determine if it’s a good fit for both parties. Thinking of it that way takes a lot of pressure off

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aveda

Application

I interviewed at Aveda

Interview

Very straightforward and simple as long as you have a niche for customer service and love being on the phone. However, unless there’s a chair at that particular salon you will be standing on your feet in once position for several hours.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with difficult customers?

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aveda (Philadelphia, PA) in Nov 2020

Interview

I was first interviewed briefly over the phone. Then I got scheduled for an in person interview. I was asked several questions that were all useful and hard enough that it made me think. It was really professional, pleasant and to the point

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aveda

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aveda

Interview

She called me in the phone asked why I wasn’t working and I hired me right away without even meeting me Phone cal was only 5 minutes Very desperate for employees

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aveda

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aveda

Interview

In the casual interview with District Manager I ended up being hired after hours of talking, the salary was negotiated in the interview. There was not a formal interview. The hiring time was almost a month after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • How have I corrected a team members bad behaviours in other places, what have I done to exceed sales goals.

Aveda

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aveda

Interview

Step one, HR representative interviewed me. She was just reading from a standard script. Standard questions. i had some questions about the future of the company, she didn't understand me and just read me her script again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aveda

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aveda

Interview

The interview process was sort of painless in the sense that it is quick and straight to the point. It definitely helps to be well versed prior to applying so that you are prepared to interview well.

Interview Questions
  • What are your career aspirations beyond this job at Aveda?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aveda (Blaine, MN) in Jul 2019

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone screening interview with the talent acquisition specialist, one video interview with the hiring manager and director, and one in-person interview at Aveda HQ in Blaine, MN with the hiring manager and director again, as well as one other team member. After the initial phone screen, the subsequent interviews were scheduled very rapidly, almost to the point of chaotic. During my last in-person interview, the hiring manager indicated they were making a decision at the end of that week. I sent thank you emails to all interviewers after each step in the process. I didn't hear anything back. After two weeks, I sent an email to the hiring manager to confirm my suspicion that they selected a different candidate and also asked for any professional development feedback. Instead, I got a generic "you were not selected for this position" email from the original talent acquisition specialist. Very disappointing considering how I rearranged my schedule and other in-person meetings to accommodate their last minute interview requests.

Interview Questions
  • What beauty trend are you following?
  • Tell us about a time where you had a miscommunication with a peer. How did you resolve the miscommunication?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aveda (Minneapolis, MN) in Jul 2019

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me. I liked her instantly and was impressed with the company. But then I had a Skype interview with two executives at the same time and maybe they already decided on a candidate before the interview; because immediately I didn’t feel they were engaged in the interview and I knew I wouldn’t like working for them. Not surprised I didn’t get the job. The recruiter reached out to me to keep me informed, which I appreciated her promptness and professionalism, I did not get a good vibe from the two executives and think it would have been a bad fit. But it seemed like a good company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Interviews