Allscripts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Allscripts Interview Questions

Interviews at Allscripts

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allscripts (Malvern, PA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a day long process where about 10 candidates were called in for the interview. They gave us breakfast and treated us nicely. There were 3 rounds first was an HR round the other was technical followed by a group discussion.

Interview Questions

• WAP to reverse a string?
      Design a next gen conference phone with the group?
      Puzzle solving questions much like microsoft intereviews   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was nice, but flippant and uninterested in what I had to say. Felt like a formality before they rejected my application. Atmosphere there was very corporate and up tight

Interview Questions

• General hypothetical questions based on your previous experience and how you apply it there   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allscripts (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

I ha d a Phone interview or screening with the manager, passed. Then I was asked to do a little programming as requested via email, passed. The in person interview took place and the manager and teammates were so arrogant, looking down on me, and making faces. At first, the manager greeted me and asked non technical questions before introducing me to the team. I didn't pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• To solve a mathematical verbal problem on the spot.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews. First phone interview was from a recuiter (behavior questions). Second one was technical with the lead software developer. Last one was with multiple software developers. The interviewer are all nice and it was a positive experience

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP questions. Encapsulation. Polymorphism. Write a code to reverse a string.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Springfield, IL (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted myself online. I went through two preliminary interviews that seemed to go well enough to get me the third interview. Two guys called me on google hangout and we did a webcam interview. It was awkward because they were typing to each other while I was talking and they were laughing while I was taking the tests. I passed two of them. The third was an algorithm problem. It was this: I tried but I wasn't quite ready to code that while these two guys are laughing and typing to each other.

Interview Questions

• in an auditorium with various filled or empty seats [a boolean array], create a function that returns the best open seat. The best open seat being the one with the most empty seats around it. He said I could email him the answer the next day but if they say that that means you failed pretty much.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen from HR. Then quick, semi-technical screen from one of the directors of development. Then a Google Hangouts interview with three individuals. One was the director I spoke with previously, the other was either another director of development for a product, and the final was a team lead who was a younger man.

The younger man was late and he obviously did not want to be there for the interview. He would make these "yeah whatever" faces and slouch in his chair. When it was my turn to ask questions, he seemed to be defensive about why they went with one technology and not the other.

Furthermore, he was simply wrong when trying to point out a logical error in sample code I submitted in attempting to reverse a string (said it would go out of bounds when I know it wouldn't). I should have asked if I could just run the code through the compiler because that's one of those questions I prepared for.

The other two were pleasant. Though I think they gave the floor to the younger guy to placate his position as lead or something. Don't know, don't care.

I agree with another interview-review here that states that they're either looking for a Unicorn to pay bottom-dollar for, or they're just doing it for show to HR because they have some other internal candidate in mind.

Interview Questions

• They had two coding exercises at the end.

First was a warm up: reverse a string. i.e. "hello" should be "olleh"

Second was pretty much the same exercise that was given here. You have ONE row of seats (single array) and you want to find the best one (best being the seat with the MOST empty seats at both the left and the right of it).   2 Answers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds: HR phone interview, phone interview with Director of Development and a hangout consisting of director, lead developer and another development director. The first round was simple with few basic OOPs questions then the next round was scheduled after 2 days and he forgot to call me. It was rescheduled and he again forgot to call me. But I had called the HR and informed them so he called me an hour later. He asked me 2 questions and was least bothered about my answers and simply said he would cover everything in the next round. The hangout round was very interesting and was for 2hrs. Only one person asked me questions and the other 2 had simply turned on mute mic and were not even listening to what I was answering. He started from basic OOPs and kept increasing the difficulty level for each question. He then asked me question regarding garbage collection in .net, exception handling and used to give me a scenario and ask me for the result of it. I really liked the way he was carrying out the interview procedure and was able to answer all of them. Then they sent me a link and asked me to write code for string reversal and another problem: method to find best empty seat in a single array. I was able to solve them and they sounded as if they were impressed with it. But got a mail after 3-4 days saying they couldn't offer me a position.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting technical questions from HR. In the hangout round it was more challenging and you need to know about .NET features and what happens when for various situations. Multi-Threading, thread thrashing, advantages and disadvantages of threads, at what interval time does garbage collection work, abstract class, interface. These are some of the questions I was asked and they were very easy to answer and I have no clue why I was rejected   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much the same as the other reviews on here. First one was an HR phone screen. The second interview was with the director of development and another manager. I was asked some basic questions about object oriented programming including access modifiers and other keywords. Talked a bit about multithreaded programming and what I was like outside of work. I got the notion that they actually cared about who I was as a person and my values. The third interview was conducted via Google hangouts. It was about an hour and a half total. There were several other people on the hangout. The director did most of the talking and asked most of the questions. I was asked about my interpretation of object oriented programming and what I thought the main points were. I was also asked about garbage collection in .NET, exception handling (try, catch, finally), and some data type questions. I was then sent a link to write code while all of the people on the hangout watched me. It was kind of nerve wracking. The first piece of code was to reverse a string. I solved it correctly, but they told me there was a much more efficient way of doing it. The second problem was to find the best seat in a row of seats represented as a boolean array. I did not feel comfortable completing the problem in the 5 minutes that they gave me. My normal routine is to create an algorithm and then develop the code after a suitable, efficient, and robust algorithm is created. I was told I could send the solution after the interview. I worked for another hour and a half after the interview and sent them my code. I got an email four days later telling me they could not offer me a position.

After reading all of the same interview experiences on this website, I wonder if they are really hiring anyone, or just waiting for the "purple squirrel" candidates that are super experienced and just trying to find a position after a layoff or something.

In the end, their spiel about hiring a person based on values and personality was just a bunch of talk.

Interview Questions

• Best seat in a row of seats represented by a boolean array. I was not given an appropriate amount of time to solve the problem. If they judge a prospective software developer on their ability to sling dirty code in 5 minutes, then I'm not sure what they are looking for and I am curious as to who they are actually hiring in. I don't write code and present it if I am not 100% sure it is correct, robust, and efficient. That is not achievable in 5 minutes while 3 people are watching over your back.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allscripts in March 2014.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR :
    Basic HR Questions and ten Technical Questions:
    1.) diff between abstract class and interface
    2.)Explain try catch block
    3.)Is Encryption symmetric or un symmetric
    4.)Diff between hash map and hash table
    5.) what is static?
    Phone Technical round with Sr Manager

What do you know about Allscripts.
    What is sealed in C#
    what is static

Skype Interview:
    Explain about garbage collection
    try catch final finally
    throw throws - Real Project Scenarios
    Code to Reverse a String

Interview Questions

• Design an Algorithm to find empty seats in a row and choose a seat which is near by?
      What is mutex,semaphore ,Race conditions   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had my resume passed on by a relative and received an email to set up a phone screen a few days later. There was some confusion leading up to the interview, as I was first informed that I would be interviewing for the associate services consultant position, and then told about 4 hours before my interview that I'd be interviewing for the software engineer position instead. Though I felt under qualified for that job, I took the screen anyway, which consisted of a routine resume review and then a handful of behavioral STAR type questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you overcame adversity in your personal life   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.