Advanced Business Acquisitions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Advanced Business Acquisitions Interview Questions

Interviews at Advanced Business Acquisitions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

I was first contacted by their recruiter or hr, once we briefly spoke about my background and resume an interview appointment was set-up. On interview day the office wasn't necessarily what i expected and once I began my interview process it was very sped up. It was definitely a different interview from other professional interviews I've had before in the past. I was expecting more out of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews. The first one is easy. It took only 15 minutes and the hiring manager only asked me to introduce myself and talk about my projects. Then, I was thrown to the next round. The second round was conducted by one of the Top Account Managers and she went on to explain the company structure more in depth. She emphasized very much on cold-calling and door-to-door sales. She liked my presentation and then I was required to fill out a form. The third round was not really an interview. I met with the top manager and then she said the Account Executive I talked with like me so I was offered the job. But then I realized that the job was not exactly for me because it requires long hours. You have to work from 12pm-830pm from Monday - Friday and also 9am-3pm Saturday. They would not tell you until you get to the second interview.

Entry Level Sales and Marketing Interview

Interview

I felt very disrespected at my "first interview." After preparing for a few hours and driving 30 minutes, I was only seen for 5 minutes MAXIMUM by the interviewer who talked a mile a minute about how this position is actually all about sales, no marketing, how I would be going to customer's houses to sell them uverse (which is under at&t), and solely be paid commission. She also stated that I would have to do that for a year before I would be considered to move up (what a joke). Furthermore, she did not allow me any time to ask her questions as she hurried me out the door, scheduling me for a "second interview" at an entirely different location. This entire experience left a bad taste in my mouth and makes me think this whole company is a pyramid scam.

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

3 Round interview. 1st is the first impression in which you are sent into an empty small office where you hear loud unprofessional music seeming like a frat party in the next room over. You are greeted by the receptionist and she makes small talk before you enter the office of the manager, and have a quick 10 minute interview to go over your resume. Then called back at another time for a 2nd interview. The second interview is by an under qualified and seemingly first time employee who asks you very standard questions and tries to convince you why their sales tactics are best. 3rd is when you are offered a job shortly after the 2nd round is over.

Interview Questions

• What did you like/dislike about your old job? How have you shown customer support in these past jobs?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Their were two main interview processes and one phone interview. The phone interview was very brief. They just wanted to find out who you are and your availability to come in for an interview. The first Interview was also brief about 15 mins. They go over the resume and ask you questions about your job experiences, what your hobbies are, and then they set schedule a second interview. The second interview is about 30-35 mins or so. This is when you go into detail with a hiring manager about exactly what the company does, and what role you would be playing, salary/commission, your typical day at work. The hiring manger asks you a lot of role playing questions, i.e. If you saw your associate not performing well, how would you address them? As a marketing analyst position, I thought I would play a bigger role than just going door to door selling at&t packages (ABA Partners). I felt deceived by the job title. However they were quick to give me job right on the spot, without even talking about my interview process in greater depth. I shook their hands and when I got home I contacted them saying I going to decline the offer. Just wasn't for me, being a recent business management graduate and all.

Interview Questions

• If you notice that you were not meeting the sales quota, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was really long and arduous. A little embarrassing too. You are taken across the street to a Starbucks so it feels casual and laid back. But I am the type of person who wants everything to be closed off and personal. My conversation was out in the open for everyone to hear my suffering. A random guy stopped my interviewer to discuss the business and the role! Who does that? Little did he know it was a door to door sales job....

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a management position where Player C (the weak link) is hindering progress?   1 Answer

It was not until the very end, when I did accept the offer, that I realized this was a door to door sales job. NO ONE ever came out and frankly said this. So, I did not show up to my first day of work.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

i applied on linkedin, the next day, jessica HR admin called and asked to setup an interview with the president of ABA Julie. Then, i meet with julie the following day, she briefly spoke about the company, what they do, and short description about the role I applied for. I was not asked about any previous work history, education or prior experince. Their goal is to train you from entry level sales rep and earn your way up to an account executive.

Interview Questions

• What are your Strength?
      Why do you think you fit for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through linkedin and was contacted within a week of applying. Kat from HR called me and asked me a few preliminary questions over the phone to see if it would be a good fit. I then had 2 interviews with management before being hired. The first interviews was pretty short about 20 minutes. The second interview was a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the toughest negotiation you’ve ever been in.   Answer Question

Sales/Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through linked In - I was contacted within a few days of submitting my resume. The first interview is about 15 minutes. I thought everyone in the office was very friendly. They played great music in the lobby while I was waiting. The second interview I met with an account manager and we went to Starbucks. He showed me the leads, the growth potential and the comp plans. It is B2B sales at the entry level - but there is a ton of growth. Just what I am looking for out of college.

Interview Questions

• They asked me mainly questions about direct marketing, personal selling and managing people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and had the script down. Staff seemed very engaged and upbeat and definitely knew how to sell me on the job despite me not having any sales experience. Overall it felt like a pyramid scheme because it was sold as a management training opportunity, but really it was door to door sales

Interview Questions

• Asked if I am comfortable on a commission based income   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.