Advanced Business Acquisitions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Advanced Business Acquisitions

2.0

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

i applied on linkedin, the next day, jessica HR admin called and asked to setup an interview with the president of ABA Julie. Then, i meet with julie the following day, she briefly spoke about the company, what they do, and short description about the role I applied for. I was not asked about any previous work history, education or prior experince. Their goal is to train you from entry level sales rep and earn your way up to an account executive.

Interview Questions

• What are your Strength?
      Why do you think you fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews. The first one is easy. It took only 15 minutes and the hiring manager only asked me to introduce myself and talk about my projects. Then, I was thrown to the next round. The second round was conducted by one of the Top Account Managers and she went on to explain the company structure more in depth. She emphasized very much on cold-calling and door-to-door sales. She liked my presentation and then I was required to fill out a form. The third round was not really an interview. I met with the top manager and then she said the Account Executive I talked with like me so I was offered the job. But then I realized that the job was not exactly for me because it requires long hours. You have to work from 12pm-830pm from Monday - Friday and also 9am-3pm Saturday. They would not tell you until you get to the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

I was first contacted by their recruiter or hr, once we briefly spoke about my background and resume an interview appointment was set-up. On interview day the office wasn't necessarily what i expected and once I began my interview process it was very sped up. It was definitely a different interview from other professional interviews I've had before in the past. I was expecting more out of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and had the script down. Staff seemed very engaged and upbeat and definitely knew how to sell me on the job despite me not having any sales experience. Overall it felt like a pyramid scheme because it was sold as a management training opportunity, but really it was door to door sales

Interview Questions

• Asked if I am comfortable on a commission based income   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was really long and arduous. A little embarrassing too. You are taken across the street to a Starbucks so it feels casual and laid back. But I am the type of person who wants everything to be closed off and personal. My conversation was out in the open for everyone to hear my suffering. A random guy stopped my interviewer to discuss the business and the role! Who does that? Little did he know it was a door to door sales job....

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a management position where Player C (the weak link) is hindering progress?   1 Answer

It was not until the very end, when I did accept the offer, that I realized this was a door to door sales job. NO ONE ever came out and frankly said this. So, I did not show up to my first day of work.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions.

Interview

I was called within a couple of hours of sending my resume. I set an interview for the next day. Once there I interviewed with Julie. She opened saying it was only a 10-15 minute interview? Later I come to find out the job is not what I applied for at all. Julie begins talking about who they work with and how they're growing. Eventually she explains the job was essentially a door to door sales position. I do not know where "Account Manager" job title came from because it was then explained that not until moving to upper management would you begin interacting with clients of the company. Very deceiving job posting. A waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Asked what type of management experience I had since they promote from within.   Answer Question

I declined to a second interview due to the position description was not what the job posting description.

Sales/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a sales/customer service position. I was contacted within a week and went in for a few interviews. I landed the job about a week later.

I had a few interviews there each conducted by a different person. I really enjoyed everyone who I met with and I loved the office space and environment.

I just graduated from college and due to my lack of experience, I haven't been able to find a company that offers full training and room for advancement. The work environment and the people seem very fun, positive and motivated and I look forward to the company culture.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to work hard?   1 Answer

Sales/Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through linked In - I was contacted within a few days of submitting my resume. The first interview is about 15 minutes. I thought everyone in the office was very friendly. They played great music in the lobby while I was waiting. The second interview I met with an account manager and we went to Starbucks. He showed me the leads, the growth potential and the comp plans. It is B2B sales at the entry level - but there is a ton of growth. Just what I am looking for out of college.

Interview Questions

• They asked me mainly questions about direct marketing, personal selling and managing people.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions.

Interview

You can literally bomb the interview and still get hired. They'll accept just about anybody. As long as you sit there and respond somewhat comprehensively, you'll be offered the job. Roughly 1 in 20 will get declined.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on the income. You make your own income, as it's all based on commission.

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

They called and scheduled to do an informal 10-15 minute interview. I met with Julie. She asked me some questions about prior experiences and why sales. She invited me back for a second interview that was supposed to be one on one but ended up being with another applicant. This one was a more formal interview with questions about management style and sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good manager? They focus mainly on why you would be good at management not sales   Answer Question

Its a low base pay + commission or pure commission type of pay. It's completely up to you. The pay is lackluster and the benefits are dismal.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.