AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

AMD Interview Questions

Interviews at AMD

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I received an email from AMD after applying with descriptions on the job requirements. When I arrived I spoke with a recruiter for about 30 minutes, after that they had a current engineer show me around the different work stations.

Interview Questions

• If you have two ropes that both take an hour to burn, how do you measure 45 minutes?   2 Answers

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (New York, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview by a staff engineer in Physical Design Group

Interview Questions

• How to estimate the power consumption and and area of a given design in limited time(e.g one week)?   2 Answers
    • Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   2 Answers

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview: First described what this team does and what this position for. Then asked some questions on my resume, about my educations and experience. He let me choose one of favorite project and describe to him. Then asked a question, which can be considered as several sub questions.

Interview Questions

• While synthesizing memory(SRAM), how to estimate the area, delay and power? What can you do to solve time violation.   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, get contacted by email, phone arranged in 1 day. Basic question of resume and simple logic and layout questions.

What is your relevant technical experience in this area?

Setup hold time, transistor size, glitch reduction

Interview Questions

• Solve problems of parasite cap during building the layout   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

One telephone interview followed by a day-long onsite interview. The interviewers were well prepared, and each one focused on a specific skill. Overall, people were very pleasant but tough. Although, I was put in some other team rather than the one I interviewed with, the job responsibilities were very similar, and the management was willing to listen to my interests.

Interview Questions

• Basic logic design qns, circuit design.   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through a former co-worker. Got a call from hiring manager. It was a quick 30 min phone interview. After this, got invited to on-site interview. On-site interview was not tough, except for few difficult ( for me ) technical questions. I could answer 80=90 %. But sometimes I found it hard to understand why some interviewing persons tone was as if you have done something wrong, just because you went there to get interviewed, and they are the boss of you now. I found it hard to understand why a candidate must be treated as if he/she is inferior person than person at AMD. I felt sometimes that tone of person interviewing was hostile without any provocation. At least to me it seemed odd. But once I got over it, it was ok. Also some people and AMD were very good in treating you with common courtesy/good manners.

Interview Questions

• Draw a state machine to detect a sequence 11011   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

First HR interview and then Technical Phone Interview. Received information from HR directly.
    Questions about the APR flow in the physical design and general VLSI concepts like logic designing and perl scripting.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I had to attend a phone interview where I was asked about my resume and related questions to it.The phone interview had 2 parts .Two people took my interview ,one asked questions about memory(SRAM) and the other asked timing questions.

Interview Questions

• Setup and hold time violations and how to relax them.   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks, overall very efficient. One week after the initial phone screen, I was invited onsite. There were 6 rounds technical interviews with 1 lunch session during which you could ask any questions you want about the company. After couple of days I received the good news. Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Even thou it’s a pd position interview, be ready for some computer architecure and verilog questions. Couple of scripting questions and make sure you got the easy ones and talk your way throu the difficult ones. Interviwers are really nice and they are most interested in your thinking process than giving the exact answers. I am not allowed to disclose detail questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds. A HR phone screen and a technical phone screen interview. Both ones are very kind and patient. HR just asked some basic resume questions. Technical round was using collabedit to solve some algorithm problems in C

Interview Questions

• Reverse words in a char array in place, use C.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.