AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

AMD Interview Questions

Updated 30 Nov, 2018

Sort:

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (New York, NY (US)) in May-2012.

Interview

Phone Interview by a staff engineer in Physical Design Group

Interview Questions

• How to estimate the power consumption and and area of a given design in limited time(e.g one week)?   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview: First described what this team does and what this position for. Then asked some questions on my resume, about my educations and experience. He let me choose one of favorite project and describe to him. Then asked a question, which can be considered as several sub questions.

Interview Questions

• While synthesizing memory(SRAM), how to estimate the area, delay and power? What can you do to solve time violation.   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD in August-2015.

Interview

Applied online, get contacted by email, phone arranged in 1 day. Basic question of resume and simple logic and layout questions.

What is your relevant technical experience in this area?

Setup hold time, transistor size, glitch reduction

Interview Questions

• Solve problems of parasite cap during building the layout   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in November-2011.

Interview

One telephone interview followed by a day-long onsite interview. The interviewers were well prepared, and each one focused on a specific skill. Overall, people were very pleasant but tough. Although, I was put in some other team rather than the one I interviewed with, the job responsibilities were very similar, and the management was willing to listen to my interests.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD in January-2015.

Interview

Applied through a former co-worker. Got a call from hiring manager. It was a quick 30 min phone interview. After this, got invited to on-site interview. On-site interview was not tough, except for few difficult ( for me ) technical questions. I could answer 80=90 %. But sometimes I found it hard to understand why some interviewing persons tone was as if you have done something wrong, just because you went there to get interviewed, and they are the boss of you now. I found it hard to understand why a candidate must be treated as if he/she is inferior person than person at AMD. I felt sometimes that tone of person interviewing was hostile without any provocation. At least to me it seemed odd. But once I got over it, it was ok. Also some people and AMD were very good in treating you with common courtesy/good manners.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in April-2014.

Interview

Two rounds. A HR phone screen and a technical phone screen interview. Both ones are very kind and patient. HR just asked some basic resume questions. Technical round was using collabedit to solve some algorithm problems in C

Interview Questions

• Reverse words in a char array in place, use C.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was very casual yet structured. I like my interview here better than else where where people treat interviewee like prisoners. It depends on the interviewer, but a lot of interviewers in other tech companies just can't communicate with people

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

by phone

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in January-2008.

Interview

Phone Interview
    In-person interview by four managers, each took one hour.
    Had lunch in between.

Interview Questions

• Write code in C/C++ to insert/search for a record in BTree.   1 Answer
    • Write Java code to insert/retrieve data in Oracle database from a web page.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in August-2011.

Interview

Asked about the CUDA hardware, GPGPU. Scenarious where I could get a segmentation fault, with no error in the code during compilation, what could be the reason. There is enough space, and space is not the issue.

Interview Questions

• Warps in GPGPU, role of registers in GPU hardware   2 Answers
    • Analyse a situation where you get a segmentation fault and whats the reason   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.