AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

AMD Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun, 2018

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

My friend referred me for the position and I got HR feedback in a few days. She asked a bunch of questions. I replied, and the HR said the hiring manager would like to talk to me. She asked my available time for the next week. I replied again and waited until Thursday to follow up. The waiting and following up circles kept around 2 months. Even after I get other offers and asked for final clarification, the HR still replied nothing.

Interview Questions

• What is your current situation? Why are you looking?   Answer Question
    • Are you in the interview process with anyone else? If so, what stage of the process are you?   Answer Question
    • What is your desired base compensation?   Answer Question
    • Please list all availability for a 30-60 minute technical phone screen (with the manager) for next week.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

The process begins with a phone interview or screening process. If you are chosen, then an onsite interview, invitation is extended. A hardware and software hands on test with follow-up interview is given. Then an interview with the coding engineers. Finally an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions asked are on memory interleaving, coding and scripting such as python, jtag familiarity, troubleshooting, and repair process.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

- Very specific and interactive where the interviewer engages in the problems.
    - They look for your understanding of the problem and your approach of solving it no specific syntax or method is required
    - It was two rounds, first over the phone second on site. I had a third round interview specifically to test my SystemVerilog OOP knowledge which was specified before the interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Process started with a phone screen, followed by a on site interview and then discussions with HR executive.

Phone screen was average and explained the role and requirements.
    On site interview was tough as they look for all the basics for the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process for design of a new architecture and the refinement process   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX (US)) in March-2018.

Interview

Standard phone screen first, followed up with about half a day of interviews. This was for a firmware engineering position for a SOC type of architecture. The questions on site is mostly technical and focused a lot on how you would solve a particular problem. I find it really refreshing because a lot of interviews tends to focus on "do you know what this volatile keyword do?" which is useful but doesn't really gauge a candidate's capability. They focused far more on problem solving skills, asking questions and debug scenarios on things you have not done before, on how you solved prior difficult situations at your previous experience, etc. Be prepared to think outside of the box. I also find that the people who did the interview are very sharp and smart engineers and that is a major plus in the decision process. It was a really good and engaging process but you should definitely be prepared to be challenged.

Interview Questions

• One of the interview questions was to give a real-life debug scenario on a processor/platform that I have not worked on before. I find the question to be challenging and actually really enjoyed the process of going through the debug. I would rate it as a hard question but overall a really great experience.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX (US)) in March-2018.

Interview

STAY AWAY --- Standard process, Hr questions, technical questions, on-site. The HR representative was UNETHICAL UNPROFESSIONAL through out the process. Didn't disclose offer details even when repeatedly asked, didn't address concerns, I gave my reasons (2X) why offer would be accepted/rejected. HR guy PUSHED for verbal acceptable saying details will be disclosed in the offer. I was lied to when offer came in, items discussed where eliminated and what I agreed too was completely different to what was written. Sent response declining written offer with explanation, HR guys response was to never contact him. Absolutely unethical and unprofessional behavior from a person representing a company, no class.

Member of Technical Staff Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March-2018.

Interview

Typical flow:
    HM phone screen
    On-site interviews a week later (7x1hr sessions)
    Received offer a few days later

In my experience, the engineering and management teams (in the product development field) are very skilled. They're not all about technical stuff...they do see you as someone that's more than just a walking textbook or a programmed computer.

Tips to crack the interview:
    - Know about topics mentioned in your resume inside out (kinda duh!)
    - Listen carefully to their description of the job and their expectations of you. Then ask questions/have conversations about them (proves that your interest in the role is genuine)
    - Attitude is everything. You could be the most knowledgeable person on the planet, but if you don't have the right attitude towards work and your potential peers, they wouldn't want you on their team.

Good luck!

Verification Interview

Interview

In the interview process, there was a Phone Screening which consisted of Behavioral and Technical part of the Interview. The process was not very tough. The asked me to provide reference which I had to ask one of my previous professors.

Interview Questions

• 1) Difference between C and Python
      2) Object Oriented Programming
      3) Interfaces   1 Answer

Research: Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Brief phone screen asking about research experience and some technical open ended questions. Was invited on-site, gave research talk, and had similar interviews to phone screen, mostly about my previous research experience and open-ended technical questions.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

The interview takes about 6 hours. It includes a lot of technical questions, including basic mosfet operation region, verilog, c. timming issue, logic circuit design......One or two questions would be tough, but most questions are fundamental and interesting.