AER Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

AER Interview Questions

Interviews at AER

Space Weather Scientist/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AER (Albuquerque, NM (US)).

Interview

I originally applied for a space weather scientist position directly through the company website, and was randomly contacted by a recruiter for a different position entirely. The recruiter reached out to me via email and gave me their personal phone number to set up a time to speak about the company etc. Since this was the first time I was going to speak in person with any of the jobs I applied for, I of course reached out to them and was able to talk on the phone about the company and salary expectations. During this time the recruiter set up the "real" interview with the hiring manager for me.

The actual interview was not much longer than 30 minutes, I was asked typical team building and HR questions along with them asking about where I honestly felt I stood as far as programming experience. The hiring manager asked some separate questions about my research experience out of curiosity and then ended the interview saying I would be contacted in a couple weeks when a decision is reached. After the interview I reached out to the recruiter letting them know that I was in fact still interested in the position and they responded briefly thanking me for my feedback and wished me luck. Two weeks went by and no one contacted me, I even tried to contact the recruiter again just asking if the position had been filled or not, nothing personal just straight down the point. Read my message, no response. The company website has removed the job posting, yet my application still reads as "in review".

The entire process I felt was unprofessional from the recruiter sending me their personal cell phone number to reading my texts and not responding to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate for the position?   Answer Question
    • When have you been faced with a problem and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Be honest about your programming experience, where do you feel you stand?   Answer Question

IS Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AER (Lexington, MA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter out of the blue because my background was what they were looking for. I was not currently in the market at the time but after hearing about the company and what the position entailed I decided to pursue it. I was set up with a phone screen in which we determined that the position I was told I was interviewing for was not the position they actually had in mind for me. They were actually looking for someone to fill the shoes of an internal candidate for that position if they decided to give it to him. His current position would then be available and I was a contender for it. They set up a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was very straightforward and no curveball questions or anything out of the blue. Mainly no technical questions at all just a "How would you handle this is this happened" sort of thing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I desperately tried to negotiate a higher salary but they wouldn't budge past a certain level that I thought was too low but the other perks of the job were sufficient for me to relent.

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AER (Calgary, AB) in January 2020.

Interview

Fairly smooth .routine soft skill questions , 3 people panel group , check reference . Quick process . Nice talk . Offer was made fair . Enjoyed the process

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AER in December 2010.

Interview

Had a little bit of a hard time understanding the interviewer. I was a liitle bit nervous. I wish I could have a do over. I would have done well. It was nine years ago since I had a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.