3D Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

3D Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at 3D Systems

2.4

Quality Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process is pleasant and everyone is nice. I was told 2 weeks after onsite interview that they will keep interview other candidates. I do like the position because 3d systems is my dream company ever since I was a Ph.D student.

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Littleton, CO (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Was scheduled for an interview with three engineers at the company. Received an brief email merely hours before the interview time saying that everyone had to attend a "mandatory meeting" and therefore the interviews were cancelled. Keep in mind I took off work and had prepared for these interviews for quite a while. I am currently waiting for a call for a telephone interview while writing this, but they are now 15 minutes late.

This pattern of disrespect shown towards me is not uncommon, as I have come to find out from talking to friends within the AM industry (I worked for a few years in a polymeric AM lab). This company has a history of low compensation, fraud charges (google Motley Rice and 3D Systems), and an overall sketchy vibe if you just research them a bit. I would advise everyone to STAY AWAY!!!! I mean I have never been treated like this by any company I've applied to. Even the automated "sorry you didn't make the cut but thanks for trying" emails give you some closure and at least pretend to respect your time. The disrespect piled on top of the fraud charges, which only got to court less than a year ago, makes this company sure to go under soon. In fact, this securities fraud case was the largest in South Carolina history!!!! Hope this info helps you to decide the obvious :)

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Talked with 2 managers and went on a tour. Went over further details from things on my resume. Basically, a resume review. Never met with any future co-workers and briefly got to see inside a machine.

Interview Questions

• General questions about what stuff on my resume meant.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Few basic coding questions, nothing really out of the ordinary. Varies by team. I would not sweat it. To review of the interview just touch up on basic object oriented concepts as well as some basic scripting knowledge of things like python.

Interview Questions

Interview

- Phone Interview (Simple and not that difficult - Just trying to feel you out as a person)
    - In person Interview (2 step process - 2 interviewers)
    - Final salary negotiation
    - Offer letter

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing with other companies   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer - Campus Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews in total. The first interview was a technical interview testing fundamental design knowledge, I spoke to the hiring manager. The second interview was with a senior recruiter(HR) basic behaviolar questions. The third round was onsite I spoke to 4 people including the senior recruiter (HR), the onsite interview was more of testing my thought process ( was given hypothetical design situations or problems and was asked to come up with solutions).

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked during my initial technical phone interview was regarding a ladder inclined on a wall problem, was asked to name all the requirements to solve the problem, formulate the basic force balance and moment equations and find the unknown parameters.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was made up of three separate sessions of two interviewers each. Each sessions lasted approximately 30 minutes. Each panel's questions were very similar to the other.

Interview Questions

• With your qualifications, why do you desire a lower level position?   1 Answer
    • Being someone that has a military career, how will you adjust to having to perform the work instead of delegating your work.   1 Answer

Oct. 10, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

I appreciate you for sharing your feedback from your interview experience. I’m truly sorry that one of our interview questions caused offense. That was clearly not our intention and your feedback will help us do better in the future. Thank you for the difference you have made through your military service.

Best regards,
    Nicole Helprin, VP Engagement and Culture

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university to their entry level position. I then had two phone interviews. The first was with HR talking about my experience and why I wanted to work for 3D Systems. The second interview was with an engineer on the team I would have joined. The second interview was all technical questions and it was only 30 minutes. With more time I might have done better. The questions were fair but definitely not trivial. Overall, I thought everyone I spoke with was kind and respectful of my time. They responded to my emails quickly and let me know they weren't going to bring me on for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain the forces that are acting on a block while it slides down a ramp.   1 Answer

Jun. 2, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your interview experience with the company. It is great to hear that you found my 3D Systems colleagues to be kind, respectful and responsive and that you thought our interview questions were fair but challenging.

I wish you well in your search and career.

Nicole Helprin | VP, Culture and Engagement

Industrial Automation & Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3D Systems (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with three people.

My first interview was with the Advanced R&D Director, Metal Printing. He was mostly interested in project management and working in a team environment. It was a very cordial interview, but he was obviously disappointed that I did not have the level of project management experience that he was looking for.

My second interview was with a mechanical engineer on the team. He started off by telling me everything that was wrong with the company. How there was no central repository for computer code and the fact that there was no drawing numbering system. He went on to explain that the new CEO was moving the company to San Diego because he did not want to be in South Carolina. Most of his questions were related to my college experience from 30 years ago. He asked why had changed my degree major from mechanical engineering to electrical engineering. This was an interrogation and not an interview. He came across as an arrogant college degree snob.

My third interview was with an Industrial Automation and Controls Engineer. He was very professional and I was impressed with his technical skills. We shared a lot in common and I would have enjoyed working with him.

Interview Questions

• The Advanced R&D Director, Metal Printing was very interested in my ability to work within a team. Could I get along with a diverse group of people from different cultures?   1 Answer

Jun. 2, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hello. I want to personally respond on behalf of the company regarding your interview experience at 3D Systems.

I’m sorry to hear about your second interview experience. It certainly does not represent our company culture and the experience we want to create for our candidates.

I appreciate your feedback. We will use it to improve.

Nicole Helprin, VP Culture and Engagement

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Littleton, CO (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall it was an easy interview and very relaxed setting. I had one phone interview and then in-person interviews with four employees. A lot of the interviews were really just talking about my life, my interests, and describe one line on my resume that makes me qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• If you had a part with many overhang angles and no matter which way the part is oriented, there are overhangs that won't print well, what would suggest as a solution?   1 Answer

Nov. 17, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hello and thank you for sharing your interview feedback on Glassdoor. I'm glad to hear your hiring experience was positive and I appreciate your outside the box answer to the interview question you posted!

Warm regards,
    Nicole Helprin, VP Culture and Engagement

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.