LanguageLine Solutions

www.languageline.com
  www.languageline.com
There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Work At Home Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA (US)
Former Employee - Work At Home Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

The only benefit is that you work from home

Cons

When you take time off due to a family emergency or a sick child, you get reprimanded, even when you have a doctor's note. The sad part is that if you receive 3 warnings for absences (even if they are 100% justified) they let you go. There is NO flexibility whatsoever to balance work life and family life. They expect you to be there, PERIOD. No benetits, no health insurance and I was getting paid the minimum amount for high-quality work. I was there for a year until I got a job elsewhere. My recommendation to others who are looking to work as an interpreter there... DON'T it's a mistake.

Get your act together. It's unfair that the itnerpreters make close to minimum wage here in the US and you don't even offer benefits or vacation. Be more flexible, there are those of us who are moms and have obligations, children get sick, there are emergencies, etc., Be involved with those of us who are really working hard and are the heart of the company.

128 Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions (View Most Recent)

Language Line Services

Current Employee - Translator in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Translator in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Supposed flexibility. Work from home and potential of the earnings in a segment of this business where as a eastern European, i have a very few competitors.

Cons

Working hours, no benefits, lack of communication from management, response time from the management as well as reactions from direct line.

Start at the human level and you will begin to understand that the translators are the engine of this company and not the management.

Very unfair company to work for.

Current Employee - Interpreter
    Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

You work at home and don't have to drive or dress up.

Cons

There is no flexibity n their schedule. No benefits (sick day, insurance, 401k, ect.)

More flexibility, and pay enough for the position.

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions