LoyaltyOne Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LoyaltyOne President and CEO Bryan A. Pearson
Bryan A. Pearson

Pros
  • They really value work-life balance and providing meaningful work to it's associates" (in 16 reviews)

• Great work-life balance, including the ability to work from home when needed (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The company handled the expiry policy (of Air Miles) very poorly and as a result our jobs have become very difficult (in 9 reviews)

• Large Employee turnover, Hard to maintain work-life balance sometimes (in 4 reviews)

"LoyaltyOne - Experience"

Former Employee - Associate of TW in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Associate of TW in Toronto, ON

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with like-minded career driven individuals and work on some exciting projects. I was challenged on a weekly bases and had the support of my managers to make important decisions without the feeling of being micro-managed. All-in-all it was a privilege to work with the LoyaltyOne TW(HR) family. Here are some highlights that I personally experienced:

• Great programs to learn and develop your career
    • Highly collaborative culture
    • Opportunities to work outside of your box and take on projects in other areas of HR
    • Supportive and down to earth leaders

Cons

The work can get overwhelming at times and the leaders have to invest more time in understanding and fixing the dynamics in smaller teams.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and passion.

AND

Pay attention to the dynamics in smaller teams within the TW department. I have experienced some issues and confusion with an associate that was not my manager, but made decisions that the manager should have made. The atmosphere in my direct team felt competitive and too intense at times, this was very frustrating for me, especially with some comments that were made when I was clearly progressing and making a positive impact in the organization. Associates should not have the ability to delegate work and pick and choose who works on what when they are in the same role/level. This can cause multiple issues and can interfere with KPO’s.

"Analyst"

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Good culture, pay, benefit
    Office buliding and facility is good

Cons

Management not organized
    Too much work

"Pretty Good Company"

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, great people, lots of data, good benefits

Cons

5. "Great entry level company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

The company culture in some departments is casual and friendly. There are many resources available for employees such as tuition allowance to further develop your skills, gym/fitness fund, and other internal programs.
    The best part about this company is that there are amazing people who make coming to work everyday enjoyable! :)

Cons

At times it can seem like there is a lack of vision and the amount of process added to the corporate structure can make it difficult/slow to get work done. Too many meetings!

Advice to Management

Less talk, more do!
    Fail fast, succeed faster.

"Videos are propoganda"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Toronto, ON

Pros

Learnt formal application of Agile Methodology

Cons

Technology area run with nepotism, unprofessionalism.

Alot of propaganda through disemmenation of videos which masks the truth. The truth is that it is better to hire kids who they can control to do as they say when they say it. To those with skills who can find something better, do so. Run run run

Advice to Management

None. Tech needs a complete overhaul

"Haven't looked back"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They were a good enough employer for a long time, but when they decided to go Agile, morale and working conditions went downhill.

Cons

People high fiving and hollering everywhere as if they're in a frat house. Impossible to hear yourself think when you pair that with an open office plan.
    Unimpressive change management.
    Very poorly executed attempt to implement an expiry policy.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your talent like they're disposable. I left for a better paying position elsewhere, and gave more than the required notice to my 2 department heads. Not one of them bothered to let HR know I was leaving, let alone come around to wish me well. It was a mad scramble to get my exit paperwork done when I approached HR 3 days before my departure date to ask why I hadn't heard from them.

"A big kindergarden, it's all talks and all about looking good"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great and stable place if you just want to play along and get paid
    Sit there with your headset on, don't offend anyone and don't bring up issues then 10 years will pass by.
    You don't really have to work hard and do much.
    Good work/life balance

Cons

It's all about presenting yourself while actual hard work gets you nowhere because nobody knows and cares. It may even offend many people as they are just there for the 9-5. So you'll get backstabbed and terrible reviews from the peers and manager knows nothing about your work.

Those who raise to managetorial position are full of propaganda and political while totally incapable and makes no decisions. Not sure what kind of good music my manager listens to all day but I was moved by higher level management to another floor to work on something else for half year and he doesn't even know.

Lots of dishonest practises from employee level to the company as a whole. For the employees, it's all about what it appears you have done. For the business, they even hide rewards from their collectors who finally collected enough to redeem. It's removed only when people have found out and got exposed. They also tried to expire the Air Miles but failed only by law.
    (This section is also a hint to what kind of person you need to be in order to climb up higher in this company.)

A terrible place if you're honest, hardworking, and actually capable.

Advice to Management

Do something, be useful, stop stealing your collectors' Air Miles.

"A ship without a captain."

Pros

Bistro.Gym.
    Anniversary Airmiles.
    Game room. Vacation.

Cons

Hostile working condition.
    Too much internal politics.
    Some projects can take more than 7 years, still under development.
    Upper and middle management only project things that are good. They try to ignore the bad things.
    The don't punish the people behind the bad business decision insted they let go the lower level worker who had nothing to do with those decisions.

Advice to Management

Hire quality people.
    Pay well to the people who actually work.
    Stop 360 feedback which is nothing but garbage.

"Not a bad place, not a good one either"

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Many opportunities for development. Great employee recognition, perks and incentives.

Cons

Air Miles brand has become tarnished over the years and is facing many challenges. Top level decisions consistently made for financial gain over customer satisfaction. Attempts to be innovative often unoriginal and steps behind competitors. Employees overworked and stressed.

"HR Professionals Beware"

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Company culture is good
    Decent overall package - benefits, salary, etc.
    Business demands and Interactions directly with business are fairly reasonable

Cons

Avoid if you are in HR - poor leadership period. A revolving door for HR.
    Read other reviews about HR here in the past, nothing's truly changed.
    Considering an HR job? Ask about the pulse results.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership is the the real problem. Unfit to run HR. Talent is leaving the organization and yet those with poor leadership remain. What's wrong with this picture?