LoyaltyOne Reviews

Updated May 26, 2020

2.8
LoyaltyOne Interim CEO Charles Horn (no image)
Charles Horn
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Good work life balance and most teams are flexible with remote work(in 44 reviews)

• "Overall good culture, some great people across the business(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Awaiting on a buyer for AIR MILES(in 15 reviews)

• "Uncertainty in future of the business as it is widely suspected that the US parent company is looking to sell LoyaltyOne(in 12 reviews)

"Great Place - Ignore the Noise"

5.0
    Current Employee - Analytics in Toronto, ON

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours / work from home, strong collaborative culture. challenging projects, great data and tools, established analytics team, plenty of opportunity to make an impact to financials and grow your career.

Cons

Shaky corporate leadership over last 12-18M, challenged to shake legacy work that holds company back

LoyaltyOne2020-04-11
  2. "Best employer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

agile teams, adaptable for new technologies

Cons

sometimes have to do redundant work

LoyaltyOne2020-05-26

"An opportunity for bilingual newcomers to learn about canadian culture and get a job easily."

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Mississauga, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good team spirit, challenging goals to achieve, learn customer service skills.

Cons

Too much expectation and pressure from the team leaders, work on a shift system which rotates 3-4 times a year, no fix time schedule, fast-pace call center environment, representatives get inbound calls back to back and have only 10 seconds break between calls on average.

LoyaltyOne2020-05-16

May 27, 2020VP, Talent & Workplace Experience

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I’m so glad you enjoyed the culture of collaboration, team spirit and the challenging goals within our Customer Care Centre. Our Customer Care Ambassadors are the voice of the AIR MILES brand and we aim to provide a fun environment and the right challenges to keep all of our associates engaged and motivated. I appreciate you recognizing this. I agree that the environment is fast-paced and we do have high expectations in order to best support our Collectors. Creating and maintaining a strong and effective Customer Care Centre is extremely important to us. In fact, AIR MILES is ranked in the top 5% of call centres in Canada for providing world-class experience to our over 10 million Collectors. Our Customer Care Ambassadors take a proactive, unscripted approach to problem-solving and we provide them with robust tools and self-service options to support them. The goal is to keep it simple and work smart – and fast! It certainly is a rewarding role, but it’s not for everyone. Thank you again for leaving a review. We wish you all the best in your career. Dimitri Benak VP, Talent & Workplace Experience

4. "OK"

5.0

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

This is a good place

Cons

Things could be a bit better

LoyaltyOne2020-04-08

"Disaster"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Below management great young talent

Cons

Legacy leadership, completely dated view of how to run a business, unethical, ego driven. Especially in marketing. Lack of empathy.

LoyaltyOne2020-05-08

May 12, 2020VP, Talent & Workplace Experience

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. Our company has undergone positive changes in the last year with a focus on both culture and innovation and we have exciting plans on our 2020 agenda - many of which are a direct result of input from our Associates. It is always our goal to foster engagement, focus on development and keep lines of communication open – and we consistently invest in ongoing training and development for all of our associates and leaders. If you would be comfortable sharing more information, I would love to connect to understand what happened so we can take immediate action to address the concerns you raised. I can be reached at dbenak@loyalty.com. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and I wish you the best in your career. Dimitri Benak VP, Talent & Workplace Experience

"Dumpster Fire"

Former Employee - Middle Management

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Nice building, decent benefits, nice cafeteria

Cons

Leadership is a joke. They want yes men/women and tenured Sr. Leaders think they know everything. They are the reason a once great company died. All the good people are gone.

LoyaltyOne2020-05-06

June 3, 2020VP, Talent & Workplace Experience

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We often receive compliments on our unique, open-concept work-space which is equipped with technology to connect our teams around the country, flexible seating arrangements and a host of other amenities, including the in-house cafeteria that you mentioned, barista bar, patios, wellness studio and games room, to name a few. We designed our office from the inside out, to create a workplace where our associates are constantly challenged and inspired. In regards to your comments on leadership, leadership development is important to us and we consistently invest in ongoing training and development for all of our associates and leaders. This year we have implemented a Leadership Performance Objective to give us insight and measure the areas in which we aim to focus attention on for continued growth and development of our leaders. We’ve also introduced new internal channels to engage with leaders, ask questions, and to share important business updates and key messages, tips, tricks and best practices. We value everyone’s opinion at AIR MILES, and it’s our goal to keep lines of communication open. Last year was a big year for our company where we made critical changes to our business structure. With these changes we are better positioned to deliver on our goals of enhancing our technical capabilities and improving our Collector experience to drive our mission of Rewarding All Canadians Every Day. We are excited about the direction we are heading in, and for what’s to come. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and I wish you the best in your career. Dimitri Benak VP, Talent and Workplace Experience

"Great culture"

4.0

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture and experience differs team to team. Some really talented and great managers and colleagues

Cons

Company has undergone a drastic corporate change that has affected how the team operates. Compensation and bonus structure is less than competitive

LoyaltyOne2020-02-25

"Old-school company that doesn't know how to utilize its analytics resources"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Montreal, QC

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people but with such a high turnover due to the rough times the company is going through you barely get to know them and the atmosphere feels like doom and gloom across all offices.

Cons

It seems like once upon a time the company was an excellent place to work due to their "old school benefits" such as summer hours and happy hours (back in the day) but these days are over. No summer hours, and barely any cocktails. The company is going through a terrible time, people are laid off or leave, the company expects its analytics department to solve problems that are simply impossible to solve with analytics and are easier to solve with some face-to-face interviews with clients. If you really want to work in analytics, avoid this company. The high employee and management turnover causes the entire work environment to be sad and even toxic at times and you'll be expected to solve problems that require advanced analytics with some descriptive statistics which won't help anyone with anything.

LoyaltyOne2020-03-12

"A position for short term"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Large company, known name, good location

Cons

Extremely conservative company that wants individuals to keep to their own. Going above and beyond is distrusted and most mistakes are met with extreme scrutiny. Their own choices are lacking true vision and cause many fractures among departments. I still see this position pop up every three months.

LoyaltyOne2020-01-28

"Buyer beware..don’t even bother"

Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne

Pros

Beautiful office, one of the best I’ve ever seen. In marketing, if you have a good manager, you’ll get a lot of freedom to campaigns.

Cons

This place is going downhill, and fast. If the 2.7 rating scares you, know that there are dozens of bad but honest reviews that have been deleted and the true rating is even worse. Outdated technology, toxic mean girls, incompetent leadership - this place has it all. Sad because there is so much potential and to the outside world this company looks like an industry leader and the place to grow your career and learn in-demand skills. People are worried for their jobs and know that any day the company could just collapse. Everyone with any sense of common sense is looking for a way out. Recruiters will tell you anything just to sign the deal but just know it’s nothing like it seems.

LoyaltyOne2020-03-05