LoyaltyOne Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LoyaltyOne President and CEO Bryan A. Pearson
Bryan A. Pearson

Pros
  • They really value work-life balance and providing meaningful work to it's associates" (in 17 reviews)

• Great work-life balance, including the ability to work from home when needed (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The company handled the expiry policy (of Air Miles) very poorly and as a result our jobs have become very difficult (in 9 reviews)

• Large Employee turnover, Hard to maintain work-life balance sometimes (in 4 reviews)

1. "Amazing first impressions with the organisation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

The Interviewing, Onboarding and Orientation into the business has been an incredible journey. Absolutely wonderful and welcoming experience.

Cons

No cons within the first few weeks

2. "Good place to work overall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

Company values
    the people there are amazing, they say your colleagues can't be friends, but not true at L1. lots of people make friends at work
    SLT - senior leaders are tenured and know what they are doing

Cons

Over-worked
    Low salary
    no work life blance

Advice to Management

Make sure each level is doing their job , Ex. AD doing their AD work, manager doing manager work, lack of work life balance due to some people doing 2 people's job

3. "Great Culture to Work In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Energizing and engaging workplace! Lots of intelligent and open individuals work here in our company. We're lucky to be working somewhere that is so passionate and purpose driven with a fair reward system that measures based on impact. They offer great perks, salaries and benefits!

Cons

You gain a lot of weight working in the office from the awesome free food.

Advice to Management

Continue to let people explore in their careers and trust them. Continue to be transparent about everything that is going on.

"LoyaltyOne - Experience"

Former Employee - Associate of TW in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Associate of TW in Toronto, ON

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with like-minded career driven individuals and work on some exciting projects. I was challenged on a weekly bases and had the support of my managers to make important decisions without the feeling of being micro-managed. All-in-all it was a privilege to work with the LoyaltyOne TW(HR) family. Here are some highlights that I personally experienced:

• Great programs to learn and develop your career
    • Highly collaborative culture
    • Opportunities to work outside of your box and take on projects in other areas of HR
    • Supportive and down to earth leaders

Cons

The work can get overwhelming at times and the leaders have to invest more time in understanding and fixing the dynamics in smaller teams.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and passion.

AND

Pay attention to the dynamics in smaller teams within the TW department. I have experienced some issues and confusion with an associate that was not my manager, but made decisions that the manager should have made. The atmosphere in my direct team felt competitive and too intense at times, this was very frustrating for me, especially with some comments that were made when I was clearly progressing and making a positive impact in the organization. Associates should not have the ability to delegate work and pick and choose who works on what when they are in the same role/level. This can cause multiple issues and can interfere with KPO’s.

"Great entry level company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

The company culture in some departments is casual and friendly. There are many resources available for employees such as tuition allowance to further develop your skills, gym/fitness fund, and other internal programs.
    The best part about this company is that there are amazing people who make coming to work everyday enjoyable! :)

Cons

At times it can seem like there is a lack of vision and the amount of process added to the corporate structure can make it difficult/slow to get work done. Too many meetings!

Advice to Management

Less talk, more do!
    Fail fast, succeed faster.

"Videos are propoganda"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Toronto, ON

Pros

Learnt formal application of Agile Methodology

Cons

Technology area run with nepotism, unprofessionalism.

Alot of propaganda through disemmenation of videos which masks the truth. The truth is that it is better to hire kids who they can control to do as they say when they say it. To those with skills who can find something better, do so. Run run run

Advice to Management

None. Tech needs a complete overhaul

"Haven't looked back"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They were a good enough employer for a long time, but when they decided to go Agile, morale and working conditions went downhill.

Cons

People high fiving and hollering everywhere as if they're in a frat house. Impossible to hear yourself think when you pair that with an open office plan.
    Unimpressive change management.
    Very poorly executed attempt to implement an expiry policy.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your talent like they're disposable. I left for a better paying position elsewhere, and gave more than the required notice to my 2 department heads. Not one of them bothered to let HR know I was leaving, let alone come around to wish me well. It was a mad scramble to get my exit paperwork done when I approached HR 3 days before my departure date to ask why I hadn't heard from them.

"A big kindergarden, it's all talks and all about looking good"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great and stable place if you just want to play along and get paid
    Sit there with your headset on, don't offend anyone and don't bring up issues then 10 years will pass by.
    You don't really have to work hard and do much.
    Good work/life balance

Cons

It's all about presenting yourself while actual hard work gets you nowhere because nobody knows and cares. It may even offend many people as they are just there for the 9-5. So you'll get backstabbed and terrible reviews from the peers and manager knows nothing about your work.

Those who raise to managetorial position are full of propaganda and political while totally incapable and makes no decisions. Not sure what kind of good music my manager listens to all day but I was moved by higher level management to another floor to work on something else for half year and he doesn't even know.

Lots of dishonest practises from employee level to the company as a whole. For the employees, it's all about what it appears you have done. For the business, they even hide rewards from their collectors who finally collected enough to redeem. It's removed only when people have found out and got exposed. They also tried to expire the Air Miles but failed only by law.
    (This section is also a hint to what kind of person you need to be in order to climb up higher in this company.)

A terrible place if you're honest, hardworking, and actually capable.

Advice to Management

Do something, be useful, stop stealing your collectors' Air Miles.

10. "Good company, boring work"

Former Employee - Research Coordinator in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Research Coordinator in Toronto, ON

Pros

Nice office. Nice people. Pretty good culture. People generally seem pretty happy to work there. There is a culture of being superior to Aimia and being the best at loyalty marketing.

Cons

I didn't find the work stimulating. The group I was in didn't seem to have a clear role. I was confused as to how we were adding value.

11. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, compensation/benefits package, social / environmental awareness. Top 10 Best Employers in Canada eight years running.

Cons

Could feel like some departments are fragmented / less efficient and projects seem to take undue amount of time to get completed

Advice to Management

Management needs to keep streamlining processes and stress the importance of efficiency up or downstream