LoyaltyOne Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Feb 13, 2020

2.8
LoyaltyOne President and CEO Bryan A. Pearson
Bryan A. Pearson
Pros
  • "Good work life balance and most teams are flexible with remote work(in 44 reviews)

• "Good culture, leadership and employee focused(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Awaiting on a buyer for AIR MILES(in 16 reviews)

• "Uncertainty in future of the business as it is widely suspected that the US parent company is looking to sell LoyaltyOne(in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company with awesome culture - opportunity for growth for people with same 'work hard, play hard' mentality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CEO (accessible and sets tone for positive culture) Culture / events New headquarters (modern building, flexible seating, patios, berkeley kitchen etc.) Interesting work with opportunity to stretch Global teams ( NA/Europe)

Cons

Some extended hours during peak times Onus is on you to lead your career development (with support/tools)

LoyaltyOne2019-06-19
  2. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, environment, work life balance, benefits, subsidized lunch, snacks, vacation allowance and location!! It really is a great place to work.

Cons

None that I can think of.

LoyaltyOne2019-12-18

"A position for short term"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time

Pros

Large company, known name, good location

Cons

Extremely conservative company that wants individuals to keep to their own. Going above and beyond is distrusted and most mistakes are met with extreme scrutiny. Their own choices are lacking true vision and cause many fractures among departments. I still see this position pop up every three months.

LoyaltyOne2020-01-28

"Change in Leadership"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

your contribution meant something, was recognized

Cons

Bryan Pearson and his Executive Leadership team were exited from the organization and thus leaving a big void within the organization. Resulting in a demoralization of the remaining close knit staff. The new CEO lacks the skills, confidence and ability required to lead the organization.

LoyaltyOne2020-01-08

"Culture problem at a slow moving company"

Former Employee - Professional in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Learning org - so many amazing courses (both internal and external facilitators) that you can self register for and really own your own development, they encourage learning and development. I think this is a huge perk that often gets forgotten or overseen at this company. - Office space is beautiful - lots of different types of spaces built for collaborating, working independently, casual work spaces and meeting rooms, lots of cool chairs - on site kitchen with a fresh salad bar, sandwich options, and hot food options - it's subsidized so it's cheaper than other food you'd get in Toronto and it tastes pretty good!

Cons

Unfortunately my experience here started off on a bad note when I was lied to during the recruitment process by the recruiter. It wasn't a huge deal but certain details were exaggerated or purposely left out. It's unfortunate because a few months into my job that same recruiter told me she'd tell a candidate anything to get an offer signed. This is when I decided I did not want to work here anymore and as soon as my 1 year hit, I started my search. The company has a very dog eat dog vibe. People throw colleagues under the bus, you constantly feel that you cannot trust anyone and everyone seems to be afraid of losing their job. Many of my colleagues were actually afraid to even have a 1:1 with the head of my department because he uses intimidation and fear as a means of running his team. Each year the engagement scores tell a story that he would ignore or perhaps he is just ignorant to the fact that he is contributing to the problem. The company is headed downward fast and they refuse to talk about it, instead they celebrate minuscule improvements that keep them just above drowning The technology that you are forced to work with is actually embarrassing. It's extremely infuriating to use systems that are so outdated and spending most of your time doing redundant tasks that a simple update or new system would fix the problem. The laptops they give you are also artifacts.. extremely old and it's pretty much impossible to get IT to give you a new one. Unfortunately there was no meaningful work here. The company moves at a glacial pace and you would find yourself falling asleep doing redundant tasks because of lack of motivation and challenging work. If you enjoy working slow and being lazy then this could be the place for you. I became completely disengaged through my 1.5 years at L1 which is the opposite of who I am so I knew this place was not for me. L1 is great if you want to come in, work, go home. If you're looking to make an impact, having challenging work, and work at a successful and growing company - stay away, this is not the place for that!

LoyaltyOne2020-01-30

"False. Beware."

I have been working at LoyaltyOne

Pros

Great people. Great building. Great benefits.

Cons

Up for sale. LoyaltyOne has been dissolved and they are selling up. Precima has been sold. Awaiting on a buyer for AIR MILES. Recent posts on social media about an avid “collector” who submitted a cartoon about a recent promotion. That “collector” is actually a marketing exec who’s followers have tripled since the post and is now monetizing from the repost. Embarrassing lack of leadership. Embarrassing lack of truth towards the public. Just let it go

LoyaltyOne2020-02-13

"HR job from Hell"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Large new beautiful environmentally friendly building. Youthful employee base.

Cons

Do not work in the HR department... whatever you do. You will be clocked watched, work scrutinized, and expected to work more than the average role. Worst company ever...

LoyaltyOne2020-02-12
  8. "A company with Heart"

Former Employee - Senior Leadership Team

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

dedicated team mates, passion for giving back to the community, challenges that will keep you engaged and motivated

Cons

lots of change in the last year, which can also be a pro if you are seeking an opportunity to be a part of a new world

LoyaltyOne2020-01-05
  9. "Good work culture, needs to invest in technology"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

coworkers are friendly, work life balance is great

Cons

tech stack needs a lot of improvement, there's too much manual work for things that can be automated

LoyaltyOne2019-12-16

"Great perks"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Toronto, ON

I worked at LoyaltyOne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work-life balance, good perks and benefits

Cons

It has potential but the culture needs work

LoyaltyOne2019-12-06

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 261 reviews