Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 372 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 550 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great experience Great company"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

You are treated like family and can always ask for help from any level of managment. Everyone wants you to succeed and be promoted through the company. You are trained constantly and are always challenged

Cons

The hours are very long. 7-6 and typically you may even be there after 6pm. You get burnt out quickly. In association of the hours you feel like you are under paid as you lose almost any social aspect of you day to day

Advice to Management

Keep on rolling. There is not much option you can change with the hours and I understand that but if you could relook at the overall pay to help aid the hours I think overall morale would go up. The training is fantastic. All in all I am very happy with the company and the only reason I left was for a better career option.

2. "Great Training Program"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Hamilton, ON
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Hamilton, ON

I worked at Enterprise (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get professional training at all levels of development which often do not receive from other companies
    Can be very lucrative if you get promoted in timely manner
    Fun work environment

Cons

Politics can play a big role in ability to get promoted
    Extremely long hours

Advice to Management

There are often branches that make it extremely difficult to promoted out of due to monthly matrix that grades employees, some great employees leave due to this disadvantage

3. "Enterprise Rent A Car"

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Port Coquitlam, BC
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Port Coquitlam, BC

Pros

Good experience, great company to start your career with

Cons

long hours, no incentives and typical corporate issues

5. "Service Agent"

Current Employee - Service Agent in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Depending on location, lots of slow days where you sit and get paid
    - Depending on manager, can be a fun experience
    - Drive around brand new cars
    - Sometimes head to various branches to swap cars

Cons

- When it gets busy, you're pressured to clean as quick as possible
    - Many branch managers tend to provide you with dirty and damaged cars
    - Customers can be brutal if they don't get what they want
    - Moving up is very hard unless your area manager will help you out.

Advice to Management

If you want to retain and make service agent's happy, realize that pressuring them to continuously clean cars while being understaffed is not the way to go. Also give out rewards such as gifts during x-mas time or when it's a hot day provide them with a beverage and once in a while, buy them lunch or something so that they know you recognize their skill. REMEMBER, if the service agents aren't happy, your customers will probably feel the same.

6. "Built my own career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Enterprise for over 10 years and have been promoted multiple times based on my hard work. I get rewarded in unique ways and my friends often comment on how fun the events and rewards are - the mission of Enterprise is to take care of our customers and employees and I see that in action every day!

Cons

Some are turned off by the hard work - I enjoy the challenge and have learned a lot about time management and prioritizing.

7. "Service Agent Team Leader"

Current Employee - Service Agent Team Leader in Winnipeg, MB
    Current Employee - Service Agent Team Leader in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good as a survival job and for extra money. You can try to get a good shift to fit with another job. Getting a position in sales you have great chance to grow.

Cons

Hard work in a car wash bay. You get wet all the time, have to clean cars and deal with a variety of situations.

8. "You'll die working here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

- Great place to start out of college
    - usually young and fun employees

Cons

- Hours are insane
    - Are not paid anything near what you should or need to be to live in downtown Toronto
    - Regularly don't get a lunch or a break on your 12 hour shift, and its expected that you don't complain or ask for a break because that means you're not "bought-in" to the company... Capitalism has got the best of this corporate structure
    - The first year of full-time work you get 7 days of holidays which is illegal but whatever
    - Once you get holidays in theory, dont expect to actually be able to use them, because they can't hire and retain enough people for you to miss a single day of work ever
    - You'll work a lot of weekends too!

Advice to Management

There's no point... this company has been running like this for decades and does not look like it will change anytime soon

9. "Fun Crowd...."

Former Employee - Service Agent in Sherwood Park, AB
    Former Employee - Service Agent in Sherwood Park, AB

I worked at Enterprise part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee, most coworkers were pleasant to work with. Had competitions with other branches and among our own team. Christmas parties each year are huge and great to see familiar faces. Monthly parties with free drinks and appetizers was fun too!

Cons

Treated like a number not an employee at times. Higher management seemed to forget the back end staff and our branch was very divided (support staff and front end). Drivers and car preps got left out of all competitions and incentives. Out of the 4 years with the company, I had one manager who involved car preps in a competition.

Advice to Management

Your branch will only be as good as you work for it to be. As a leader, managers need to be open minded, observant and supportive.

10. "Great job to start a career in management"

Current Employee - Station Manager in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Station Manager in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promotion based on performance and good paying. Great if you want to learn income statements, marketing, and sales. Good training. Great company structure.

Cons

Very political. Over working causing a lot of burnout. Long hours cause no work life balance. It is not easy

11. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have not been with Enterprise a terribly long time but they have a great work culture and environment.. Young enthusiastic management at the branch level. They have a great benefits plan and lots of great perks; like the discounted rentals. The requirements for employment help ensure you work with quality employees who are educated and driven. A very structured and clear career path.

Cons

Although I don't mind the long hours most of the time, it can become a bit grueling. The hours for employees up to branch manager leave little work life balance. If you have kids and a family it might be more demanding than anticipated.

Advice to Management

There should be more emphasis put on employees work life balance. The job can be hectic and stressful, adding a consistent 10-11 hour days it wears people out, especially in extreme weather.

Showing 7,140 of 7,651 reviews