Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3,037 Ratings

8,430 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This can result in poor work-life balance due to working late trying to ensure every customer gets a vehicle (in 1534 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 541 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to move up. You are in charge of how far and where you want to go. Opportunities to move and work in other countries. Get to test drive every car! Random road trips to pick up vehicles from other locations and overnight stays for special events.

Cons

Cleaning cars in nice clothes. Long hours occasionally. Really early mornings sometimes.

Advice to Management

Listen and stay patient with your employees and act on their recommendations or questions. Stay off your phones and listen to the little guys that are trying to get to your level.

Enterprise Response

11 Aug, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thank you for your thoughtful review! I think you hit on some very important points, and I appreciate you taking the time to convey your thoughts on the MT Program. Every review we receive helps us... More

2. "Assistant manager"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Amazing learning experience. Learn about all aspects of running a business.

Cons

Poor work life balance. Unrealistic goals. Poor compensation.

3. "Sales Agent"

Former Employee - CPA in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - CPA in Toronto, ON

I worked at Enterprise (More than a year)

Pros

Union at the airport, Excellent comapny

Cons

none at all its pretty good

Advice to Management

None

5. "Management Trainee/Intern - Please read this before you accept the position"

Former Employee - Management Intern in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Management Intern in Calgary, AB

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Always a Team Environment
    -Overtime Money

Cons

-Long Hours (Around 55-60 hours a week). This one particularly hits hard and this is STANDARD across all home-city locations. You will be expected to work A LOT. Basically, no work/life balance. Good if you're single and don't plan on spending time with a significant other, friends, or family.

-Cleaning a lot of cars. This should be emphasized. HR will downplay this as part of the job, but you'll have to clean cars a lot. Why tell employees to dress in a suit to scrub down car interiors? Also - don't get your tie caught in the vacuum.

-You'll spend hours driving every single day. Of your 11-12 hour shift, much of it is spent behind the wheel. Usually you're driving to gas up vehicles, driving people to their homes, driving cars to different branches, driving to autobody shops, etc. You'll be wondering why you didn't apply as an Uber driver.

-Often angry customers. At my particular location we dealt with 90% insurance replacement vehicles. That means you're often dealing with people who just got in a car accident, had their vehicle stolen, or damaged their vehicle. Basically, you're the middleman for this person to get back on the road, and nobodies happy to talk to you. Got some funny jokes? Save it. Nobody wants to be there anymore than you do.

-You need a degree to get the job and it will be useless once you have the job. Unless you use that fancy degree to wipe down the car you'll be cleaning.

Advice to Management

When I was hired, I was told this was primarily a sales role and I would be learning different management techniques. In my experience, this couldn't be farther from the truth. Sure we sold damage coverage occasionally, but 80% of my job was gasing up vehicles, driving people to and from their destinations, cleaning cars, and walking around cars to check for damage. Please be more transparent about the job responsibilities of a Management Trainee / Intern. I would not have accepted the job if these were the true main job responsibilities.

Also 11-12 hour days? Are you kidding me? Hire a daytime employee & a nighttime employee. This job shouldn't require 55-60 hour workweeks per employee.

6. "Great Environment; Long hours"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Management is Fairly Young and Trendy
    -Treat employees fairly good via outings and motivation
    -Employee development is good and always opportunity for promotion

Cons

-Long Hours
    - No real use of required University degree

7. "SCAR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They can have a great reputation and apparently, can be sought after.

Cons

A large percentage of the experience will depend on who you branch manager or assistant manager is. They can either make the experience for you or completely ruin it. The entire company runs on Senior Position executives yelling at lower Position executive's and so on. This is no way to manage people.

Advice to Management

It is fine to expect much from your people. However, not even giving them printers from does century is not the answer.

8. "Branch manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co worker's, some fun company sponsored events of you're close to the regional office

Cons

As a manager you are paid salary plus commission. Can be good depending on your location. But if you are not in a large market you will not get the required support from your superiors unless one of your important accounts complains to them directly

9. "Management Trainee Intern"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Enterprise (More than a year)

Pros

-Great team
    - You get to contribute to the business from day one
    - If you are ambitious you can get promoted into management very quickly
    - Great job to start your career

Cons

-Long hours
    - Average pay
    - Difficult customers at times

10. "Management Trainee"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Career Advancement, Career Advancement, Career Advancement

Cons

Long Hours, Underpaid, Overrated, Underpaid

11. "Management Trainee - Wouldn't Recommend"

Former Employee - Management Trainee
    Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

The business skills you learn here are extremely useful. Your understanding of the finances and back office work will come in handy down the road, and your confidence in the workplace will be much stronger.

Cons

Plenty of things.
    - Hours - don't believe them when they say ~48 hours/week. More like 60. You'll have no work/life balance.
    - You'll get paid the same if you are a TOP employee or a TERRIBLE employee. There's no incentives to work hard or do well aside from "career opportunity" promises.
    - This job REQUIRES a degree from an accredited university. For this, the pay is absolutely ludicrous. You'll start at $16.75/hour, and it doesn't increase until you're in management (+ you'll have to wash cars... in your suit. Yeah.).
    - You won't move up fast, nor will your daily routines change for years.

Advice to Management

- put more emphasis on your employee's happiness and success. You're a multi-billion dollar company. You can afford to compensate your people better.
    - improve on staffing. We were always understaffed. Employee turnover is very high.
    - choose managers that are interested in the wellbeing of employees, and not so much about the money that their branch is making. "Customer service is [not] your way of life." Making money is. Quit kidding yourselves and fix your broken system.
    - incentivize good performance. Sure, if you sell well you get to go to a dinner somewhere with the higher-ups in this glorified pyramid scheme; however, good or bad, you don't get paid any better than the people who are the worst of the worst in the company.

Showing 8,430 of 9,111 reviews