LoyaltyOne Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 75 of over 75 interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON)

Interview

There was an initial screening for IQ/personality. Then a programming test which is more like a mini project. They call you for an onsite after this. There were multiple panel interviews at onsite which almost takes half a day.

Interview Questions
  • They asked questions around design and architecture, agile and on the code I submitted for project.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON)

Interview

It was a three step process which moved fairly quickly. It began with a phone interview where I was initially contacted by email to schedule the time and date. The phone interview was with HR and questions were fairly straightforward. The second step was an interview with the associate director mainly pertaining to experience and cultural fit. The last step was with the associate director and director of UX which was similar to the second interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2021

Interview

1) Initial phone screening - basic HR questions # The HR was very pleased to be able to find me and rushed to schedule a technical interview for the very next day. 2) Panel Interview - 3 members of the team # Provided a brief introduction about the team and their expectations and assessed my technical knowledge of the application for the role - nothing out of the blue. The interview ended with a rather optimistic note. 3) Phone call from HR # Stating their intentions of moving forward with my profile for 1 final round as feedback from the technical round as very positive. No one followed up with any interview invite, after following up several times, HR again replied clearly indicating that the feedback was SUPER POSITIVE and would get back to me soon with updates. Later on, there was nothing, HR ghosted me. It was very unsettling that the feedback was excessively optimistic only to be rejected.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Resume walkthrough 2) A lot of "Tell me about a time when you did a task..." technical questions related to the role 3) Previous experiences 4) Explain the system design for a given proof of concept

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2020

Interview

I had a recruiter reach out to me in LinkedIn. I first had phone interview with the HR that reached out. Then she told me to complete an IQ assessment online. The following days, I had a virtual interview with Hiring Manager. The invited for another virtual interview where I had to present an excel case assignment to the Hiring Manager and the Director.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

LoyaltyOne

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne

Interview

Email invitation after applying from college group. Prompt reply, invited for in person interview. One on one interview with manager. Explained the operations to me before proceeding to ask questions

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself Why should we hire you Who are our competitors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Montreal, QC) in Apr 2020

Interview

I was contacted by HR to tell me that I was selected for a one to one interview, I also was given general information about the process. The interview went well mostly behaviour questions and general coding skill test. The interview was in French with one question in English

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2020

Interview

They proposed a challenge. All the guys in the DevOps team are very very white dudes and looks like that team has not women or minorities on it. The expectations of the team is that you have every technical detail ready on top of your mind. The difficulty of the challenge is overlook, meaning that presenting a good resolution to the challenge is not important to the team. Also looks like their expectation is that you spend some money deploying their challenge in an ecosystem that resembles theirs. The mindset and the tone during the whole interview was very "white Canadian" mindset .. you know what i mean..!

Interview Questions
  • The Challenge Create an internet-facing web service accepting a single word and deriving all possible anagrams. Guidelines 1. Base the solution on a platform and language you are familiar with. 2. Ensure that the solution is developed using a source control system. 3. Provide adequate tests demonstrating that the solution is complete and correct. 4. Utilize a mechanism for deploying the solution to the platform. 5. Confirm that the solution is secured appropriately for public consumption. Follow-Up Discussion Items As part of the solution review, we’ll discuss the following items: 1. A minor change in requirements will be proposed. Make the necessary changes, check-in the code and deploy. 2. Describe how this solution might be monitored on a production platform, what are the key items to track? 3. Your solution receives a ‘social media hug’ resulting in a sudden increase in utilization, how might you respond to this situation?

LoyaltyOne

Application

I interviewed at LoyaltyOne

Interview

Video Interview. Two managers ask couple questions. Questions are average but you have to well prepared and easily to get stuck if not well prepared. HR is very nice and frequently answered questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON) in Nov 2019

Interview

I had a few interviews with them and did an assignment project they've requested. First interview was phone intro with their HR, second - on-site talk with a couple of department leads. Third - technical interview with Senior Dev and a dev that they hired two months ago. A test project was pretty big and took me around 8 hours and even though I did all of their requirements, they weren't really happy about it without any feedback still. On a technical interview they kept asking questions that were sort of out of scope for the position, but I guess that was due to lack of experience in handling the interview process. Overall, I wasn't really happy with this long and tedious process of interviews and got an impression they're not very happy to work there. I didn't get any feedback from them, until when a week later I contacted HR by myself to find out they "need someone with more technical expertise". All right, hire few another pros to handle interviews right off the bat. Hopefully they'll stay there long enough.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

LoyaltyOne

Application

I interviewed at LoyaltyOne

Interview

Total waste of time. Wouldn't recommend wasting your time interviewing here. Communication with HR was virtually non-existent and it was unclear what the purpose of each round was (who I was talking to, what the focus would be, what the next steps would be, etc). The entire process was backwards and extremely disrespectful of the candidate's (my) time. Felt like a cattle call, and HR was only concerned with getting as many people in there as they could, not with matching up skills to roles. Do not recommend. Questions were basic and not very relevant to job function, but extremely easy.

Interview Questions
  • how do you manage competing priorities, give a time you managed a project that involved many stakeholders, etc
1 person found this interview helpful