STMicroelectronics
www.st.com Geneva, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Good Company in Europe but perhaps not the right place to work in the US

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople are easy going and not much work pressure , typical European culture.

ConsLot of French and Italian politics around you and you would invariably be a victim of their favoritism .US centers are considered as an overhead and never given their due importance . Management locally is sluggish and spineless with no say in company's decisions . Overall not the best place to work if you want to have a bright career . Just about ok if you want to hang in there with an attitude of old time government employee .

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think Management needs an advice as they anyways have nothing in their hands , the best they do is hire people locally . All the decisions are taken from Europe .

Too bad it does not exist there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at STMicroelectronics

Pros: Nice peaceful culture and place to work. Cons: Not that many, overall a good place. Advice to Senior Management: NA Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Communication Manager, Italy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Nice working environment, flexibility in timing. Cons: Few career opportunities, low salary compared to Italy's average for… Advice to Senior Management: Reward high performers and give them career opportunities. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on STMicroelectronics.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STMicroelectronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for STMicroelectronics CEO Carlo Bozotti. All reviews posted anonymously by STMicroelectronics employees.