There are newer employer reviews for InBev

Run for cover

Former Employee - Marketing Coordniator  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
Former Employee - Marketing Coordniator in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at InBev

Pros

The comapny was great to work for when it was Anhuser-Busch

Cons

They bought out the company I previously worked for. Laid off tons of people. Including employees that worked for AB for over 15yrs and did their job afficently. I was one of the last to get laid off in my department. However, with each lay off came a younger and more incompitant replacement. They would take recent college grads and young proffs with 1-2yrs when clearly more experienced was needed. The only reasoning I could come up with was with talking to a few of the new employees their salaries were conciderably lower than the previous. Point being this: hard work will NOT be rewarded and once you start to aquire experience and will be deserving of a pay raise you will be replaced by someone younger to cut costs.

Reward your current employees with a job well done not a compasation package and boot out the door. Simply for the fact that you just bought and took over one of their companies

40 Other Employee Reviews for InBev (View Most Recent)

Inbev, the ruthless business model.

Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer
    Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer

I have been working at InBev

Pros

Good pay rates, Medical health cover.

Cons

Intimidation is the main tool used by management at inbev. Managers life within the company is between 12 and 24 months before dismisal.
    No training for employees.

Intimidation and bullying will get you nowhere. Lack of investment in your employees will cost you dearly in the long run.

What's To Like?

Current Employee - Group Manager  in  Cartersville, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Cartersville, GA (US)

I have been working at InBev

Pros

Working at InBev provides many valuable lessons in how NOT to run a business.

Cons

A shoddy, third-rate operation on every level. The U.S. plants have become disgusting and dangerous places to work under InBev, as safety and sanitation are not part of the cost-cutting culture.

Senior management holds its employees in contempt, yet wonders why no one is "engaged." The reasons for the mass exodus taking place now as the economy improves seems to be truly lost on them, despite nickel and diming employees since the takeover (the ones who haven't been fired, that is), right down to passing along the $50 a year fee to manage your 401K account.

Lights are kept turned off in all office areas, and in many parts of the plants as a rule.

The culture of "Meritocracy" is a farce. Bonus payouts are not based on extraordinary performance, they are based on narrowly defined targets, set at the beginning of the year, and don't seem to be much more than a mirage to keep employees chasing after pay that the old A-B would have already distributed in merit increases over the past 2 years.

As a stockholder in several competing companies, let me just say: please don't change a thing.

There are newer employer reviews for InBev

Worked for InBev? Contribute to the Community!