Please note: Please do not apply if you don't reside in Canada or have none to very little estimating experience in the roofing industry. This position is for Senior level applicants only. Thank you kindly.
Please note: The salary will be based on the level of experience.
Scope of the Position:
The role of the Estimator is to project and control construction costs by collecting and studying information. In particular, the Estimator must assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals and assist with controlling construction expenditures throughout the lifecycle of each project.
- Attend and participate in weekly sales meetings. Inform all meeting attendees about new-upcoming projects, also awarded, successful or not-successful projects.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Review any new leads or potential projects with management and discuss how to approach the lead or new project.
- Respond to tender calls on the daily basis
- Prepare any documents required for a site-meeting; prepare a checklist and sketch of the building.
- Attend any site meetings if necessary for us to bid on the project.
- After the site visit, return to the office, let management know how everything went and leave a copy of the site-meeting prep documents with management so they are aware of the project, include the closing time and date.
- Assisting the CAD department in producing AS-BUILT drawings as per our scope of work per project.
- Read through any project documents, tender packages, drawings, specifications, etc.
- Communicate with manufacturers and suppliers
- Request pricing from the manufacturers, suppliers, sub contactors, etc.
- Perform calculations on separate excel or spreadsheet from site visit measurements, units, etc. and input calculated numbers into Timberline along with updated pricing.
- Put together tender package, bid form or quotation, depending on the type of project.
- Deliver, email or fax, the tender packages or quotation to the proper contact
- In between the tender submission and the bidder being awarded, follow up with the client or consultant or G.C
- Assist Estimating Administrator in ordering and submitting Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds, Agreements to Bonds, Tender deposits, CAD 7s, Letters of Reference, CCDC Documents, Warranties.
- Work with purchasing and production
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Training
- Graduate from recognized engineering, architectural or construction management program is an asset.
- Knowledge of: the current Ontario Building Code as it applies to commercial roofing construction
- Possess valid Class G driver’s license
- Have a good driving record to permit insurability on company vehicle(s)
- Previous experience estimating projects in the roof construction industry.
- Experience with estimating software and spreadsheet design.
- Ability to use CAD programs.
- Demonstrated competency in the following: 1. Judgment and integrity in business decision making commensurate with this role. 2. Multi-tasking and balancing multiple demands, priorities and functions. 3. Ability to anticipate and provide solutions for management of risk. 4. Time Management – both personal and to manage others. 5. Knowledge of construction industry materials and methods and procedure for manufacture of products.
Personality and Environment
Bothwell is a fast paced, growth oriented environment. Our focus is on team efforts, shared information, cooperation and providing support where required. A requirement for an unwavering commitment to personal ethics, integrity and honesty is a must.
Individuals with a positive attitude, a desire to learn and advance their career through experience, education, training, enhanced responsibilities and personal initiative are target employees.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Work Location: In person