Project Manager - Job Description
Rising Industry Holdings is the market leading commercialization platform for emerging cannabis cultivators through its turn‐key co‐packing and marketing services, delivered by its subsidiaries, Cannabis Co-Pack and AHLOT.
Formed in 2017, AHLOT is an award-winning cannabis marketing company that helps consumers easily discover new cannabis brands and products. Best known for its unique marketing channels, including the AHLOT Cannabis Collections sample packs and S^MPLE by AHLOT $1/joint program, AHLOT collaborates with cannabis brands to increase awareness and sales through innovative go-to-market strategies, integrated marketing campaigns and unique, trial-friendly product formats. Cannabis Co-Pack commenced operations in late 2020 and has since attracted some of Canada’s top new brands while demand for CCP’s pre-roll and flower contract packing and distribution services is rapidly increasing.
Both businesses have been focused on defining their niche, nurturing their communities and achieving efficiencies with a high-performing and scrappy team that has earned the right to grow and scale. Entering the next stage of growth, Rising Industry Holdings is excited to add an ambitious Project Manager to the team.
We are seeking a Project Manager who will be responsible for setting us up for success by organizing and executing company and client projects with immaculate attention to detail and a passion for flawless success. At a highlevel, this role will include the development of project plans, managing internal teams, external clients, vendors, timelines & resources from product inception all the way through to product production and fulfillment. The successful candidate will have a hands on, task oriented approach with immense organizational skills and the ability to stay agile and adapt to the fast pace and ever changing evolution of the cannabis industry.
The position will require transit to Toronto, Fort Erie & Mississauga, Ontario and will require hybrid in office and work from home capabilities. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager and VP Ops.
- Project plan development inclusive of the identification of project assumptions, constraints, dependencies, blockers, risks, budget, roles and responsibilities
- Establish corporate and project priorities and timelines and communicate responsibilities clearly and effectively while holding individuals and teams accountable to their commitments
- Serve as the main point of contact between clients, vendors, partners and the marketing and fulfillment teams utilizing professionalism, concise communication skills and tact
- Vendor and material management inclusive of sourcing new vendors, materials, and equipment as required while understanding and managing lead times and potential delays and searching
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with boards, vendors, clients and internal teams with the help and support of the Operations Manager
- Identify bottlenecks and project risks early and provide ‘out-of-the-box’ creative solutions to issues
- Identify efficiencies in current procedures and work to establish new processes that are scalable as the company grows
- Develop and maintain a schedule of incoming and outgoing materials ensuring all parties involved (sender and receiver) are aware of shipping details and status
- Provide administrative organization and support for the company and colleagues ensuring ease of access of all company and product documentation including campaign assets, compliance documents and POs
- Utilize a continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Understand the needs and requirements of the production/fulfillment and QA teams to ensure all details of the product/project have been communicated clearly and regulatory requirements are met
- PMP or similar designation or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's Degree or College equivalent in Project Management
- Understanding of or knowledge of the Cannabis Act and Regulations an asset
- Must be well organized with an exceptional attention to detail and obsession with continuous improvement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A critical thinker with tremendous problem solving skills
- Strong task management skills
- Whole vision thinkers who can see a project through from start to finish
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts with ease
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and proficiency with Project Management and Task software
- Demonstrate a ‘get things done’ attitude and approach challenges with confidence
- 3+ years PM experience in the cannabis, CPG or pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive experience managing marketing teams and campaigns is an asset
- Experience bringing products to life
- Understanding of manufacturing and fulfillment an asset