SkyCare is currently recruiting motivated, energetic, and career-driven Primary Care Flight Paramedics to join our Air Ambulance team in Thunder Bay and Sioux Lookout Ontario for a Full-Time position.
If you are looking for the quickest way to grow, expand into the aeromedical field, and advance in your career as a Primary Care Paramedic, SkyCare is the right place for you.
SkyCare provides Air Ambulance services to the Province of Ontario through a Standing Offer Agreement managed by ORNGE. Our Paramedics are certified and work under ORNGE’s Base Hospital, which is considered an industry leader in Transport Medicine. You will gain vital BLS and ALS experience and skills, in addition to occasionally having the opportunity to work alongside our Advanced Care Flight Paramedics (ACP(f)). Apart from ORNGE, SkyCare is the only Ontario-based Air Ambulance service currently providing ACP(f) level of care from our Thunder Bay and Kitchener bases.
Along with provincial flights, SkyCare has a private repatriation stretcher service that can move patients internationally from destinations in North American, Mexico, and the Caribbean. SkyCare currently operates 7 medevac aircraft from 3 bases in Ontario: Kitchener, Thunder Bay and Sioux Lookout. Our aircraft are used for Primary Care, Advanced Care, and Specialty Team transports (CHEO, NICU, ECMO, etc). Our Metro aircraft are among the largest and most capable Air Ambulance platforms in the provincial system and are able to provide bariatric and true team transport capabilities. SkyCare also utilizes a Westwind Jet medevac platform that has best-in-class range, allowing for non-stop transcontinental flights, which makes it a great tool for long haul transfers.
Why Work at SkyCare
The combination of emergent inter-facility hospital transfers and remote Northern patient transfers to an acute care facility will allow you the opportunity to visit every corner of our great province. We work alongside many different health care providers and create long lasting professional connections in the industry. In the course of your duties, you will have the opportunity to interact with nearly every land-based emergency service in the province, and the relationships you will make during your time at SkyCare will be invaluable.
If you are interested in working in a fast paced, on call, dynamic environment, apply now and come join us for an exciting career. SkyCare will allow you to meet new friends, learn from knowledgeable colleagues, and gain first-hand insight into the Air Ambulance industry within Ontario.
Primary Job Responsibilities (not inclusive):
· Pre-Flight check of the aircraft
· Communicating with ORNGE dispatch and ORNGE Doctors
· Providing care to patients on board the aircraft, in compliance with the ORNGE medical directives, BLS and all other governing laws
· Post-Flight Checks— documentation, cleaning, organizing, restocking the aircraft, etc.
· Deep cleans of the patient care area of the aircraft and equipment
· Cover Letter
· Primary Care Paramedic Diploma
· Advanced Emergency Care Assistant (A-EMCA)
· ORNGE Aeromedical Theory Course (required before beginning base hospital) and pass the MOHLTC Aeromedical exam within 210 days of completing the Theory portion.
· Valid CPR BLS (HCP)
· Valid First Aid
· Birth Certificate
· Canadian Passport
· F Class Driver’s License
· Drivers Abstract (with less than 6 points, within the last 30 days)
· Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector (within the last 30 days)
· Immunization records as required by MOHLTC
· Free from communicable disease as per the Communicable Disease Standard (Self-Declaration)
· Copy of your post-secondary schooling/transcripts or Diploma
· Valid N95 Mask Fit Testing (can be completed during base orientation)
· Two passport photos, date stamped within the last two weeks (for OASIS Card submission)
· Ability to pass ORNGE Base Hospital and achieve PCP(f) certification
· Ability to obtain MOHLTC OASIS Card
SkyCare is an equal opportunity employer. Those selected will be contacted for the next stage training and orientation.
Accommodations: will be provided at SkyCare crew houses (for the duration of rotation only).
Travel: Will be provided by SkyCare (from the closest airport to the assigned base of rotation)
Application deadline: Open until filled
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $41.50 per hour
· Dental care
· Disability insurance
· Extended health care
· Life insurance
· RRSP match
· Vision care
· Vacation Pay
· 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $41.50 per hour
Work Location: In person