Job Title: Care Coordinator
Reporting to the Director Of Care, the Care Coordinator is responsible for supervising Caregivers in their activities both in the office and the client’s home. The Care Coordinator will be responsible for developing and maintaining care plans. Strict adherence to established monitoring guidelines must always be observed. The Care Coordinator will be one of the first points of contact for new clients and will ensure that both new and existing clients are provided with the highest level of service to our clients and the communities in which they live. The Care Coordinator will also be the first line of contact for the companies Caregivers ensuring that they receive the highest level of support and direction for both personal growth and ability to always service their assigned clients while maintaining the integrity and values upon which Annapolis Valley Home Care Ltd was founded.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities generally include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Coordinate / conduct consultations and Safety Assessments for clients.
· Coordinate / create client profiles and prepare Care Plans for new clients and ensure that they are kept up to date and current.
· Attend job fairs, workshops, tradeshows, and seminars to help raise the profile of the company and its services.
· Ability to provide backup caregiver duties when required.
· Receive and review incoming employee applications and conduct the interviewing process ensuring that all necessary requirements are in place and documented.
· Conduct / assist in the orientations / training with new employees.
· Ensure follow up on service with new/existing clients through quality assurance checks and visits.
· Conduct all aspects of Performance Management / Evaluation duties of Caregivers.
· Supervise the Caregivers’ activities and performance.
· Oversee / assist with additional training and development of Caregivers in home / in office.
· Participates in after- hour’s on-call 24-hour cell-phone rotation.
· Perform Human Resources functions for the Caregivers IE: Vacations, Time Off Requests etc.
· Works with team on administrative tasks and projects when required. Ie. Phone calls, photocopying, filing, manual changes etc.
Skills and abilities
· Ability to effectively apply in-depth clinical knowledge and established processes to meet service and quality expectations and standards.
· Ability and willingness to become fully competent in all elements of homecare service delivery and ability to consistently meet operational and quality requirements.
· Ability to work independently within the constraints of professional and organizational policies and structures.
· Ability to multi-task; and to remain focused on service delivery with an unpredictable, diverse, and changing workload in a fast past work environment.
· Ability to identify opportunities for personal, team and service improvement and recommend workable solutions.
· Willingness to seek opportunities to advance professional development, such as volunteering for special projects, participating as a committee member, participating in available continuing education programs.
· Ability to coach / mentor other staff as required.
· Ability to determine when to escalate issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
· Ability to communicate with co-workers in a professional manner.
· Consistently acts in a professional manner and serves as a role model for staff.
· Ability to manage time effectively.
· Continuing Care Assistance Designation with 3 to 5-year work experience in various work environments. (Facility / Home Support etc.) or equivalent experience.
· Excellent administration skills an asset.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks.
· Current First Aid CPR Level C.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-starter with effective prioritizing and time management skills.
· Proficient with MS Office including Word and Excel.
· Proven experience in sales.
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Must possess a reliable vehicle and clean driver’s abstract.
· Clear Criminal Record Check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
Work Location: In person