Plenty of Fish is one of the world's leading online dating platforms with millions of daily active members. We are a Vancouver-headquartered success story and now one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (owner of Tinder, OkCupid, and Match.com, NASDAQ: MTCH.)
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will work as part of our AI Squad, working vertically across the organization. Working alongside Data Scientists, Data Engineers, BI, Architects and Product Managers, you will be solving complex problems that keep us awake at night, such as how does POF keep winning the war on Fraud, how do we improve our matching algorithms and search, and how do we get a fundamental understanding of what makes our members happy and successful? Best of all, your work will have a direct positive impact on our millions of daily users.
So, what will you do?
- Explore, design and build AI prototypes capable of significantly altering our members’ experiences
- Work in close collaboration with Data Scientists to build ML solutions, test new algorithms, provide feedback on their performance, accuracy and scalability, also suggest alternatives
- Write optimized code that is performant, scalable, testable, maintainable and observable
- Design scalable solutions to productionize machine learning models
- Develop tools and pipelines for tracking models and experiments
- Design and implement data pipelines that ingest vast amounts of real-time data to power models and generate accurate results
- Manage ML models lifecycle, including versioning, training, retraining, deploying and monitoring
- Be responsible for maintaining and operating algorithms, codes and models in production and monitor models in production to make sure that they are functioning and report on any anomalies
- Research/Investigate tools and technologies that would enable us to build and release faster
- Layout best practices for ML engineering functional role
- Evangelize a data-driven culture and participate in a highly collaborative environment. We want you to share your expertise!
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- B.S., M.S or PhD in computer science (or a scientific discipline coupled with substantial engineering experience)
- Minimum of 2+ years post graduation experience as a Machine Learning Engineer, Software Engineer with algorithm experience, Data Scientist or similar
- Significant experience in cutting edge deep learning techniques and associated tools (such as PyTorch/Tensorflow)
- Excellent programming skills with history of deployment to production and you have a proven track record of scaling and productionizing machine learning solutions and models
- Solid understanding of mathematical modeling and statistics: inference, Bayesian methods, graphical models, network theory, likelihood estimation, Monte-Carlo methods and sampling theory
- Understanding of how to optimize machine learning models (parallelization, batching techniques, etc)
- Ability to rapidly acquire and adopt new knowledge and techniques but also thinks creatively about problems and not afraid to go “outside the box”
- Proficient with standard SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with Python and associated data science/machine learning packages
- Comfortability working independently on large projects (demonstrated via industry or academic experience) or as part of a diverse team of different skills as necessary
- Ability to see the “big picture” and how your work relates to POF’s entire business - and the ability prioritize your research work accordingly
- Experience with GCP/AWS or other cloud providers
It's a bonus if you have..
- Experience working with and deploying recommender systems at scale
Why Plenty of Fish?
At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.