Covenant House Vancouver is the premier provider of residential and support services for our city’s homeless youth, and we are growing! You will be joining a team of dedicated and committed people whose mission is to help at-risk young people move off the streets and on to independence.
The Business Analyst acts as a liaison between the Research, Evaluation and Learning (REL) team and other teams within the organization. The role is responsible for translating user needs into technical requirements for the REL team to use in development, and providing user support for the organization’s client relationship management system, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO). Responsibilities also include making basic modifications in ETO and providing user orientation training.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Lead Data Administrator and Data Analyst to assess user needs and translate to technical requirements for development of the organization’s client management system, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), and data analytics requests, ensuring that recommendations align with system capabilities.
- Provide regular user support to ETO users including troubleshooting, error correction, and management of user accounts, and liaising with Social Solutions Global Inc. and the organization’s IT support to address functional issues.
- Provide ETO orientation training to staff with the support of the Lead Data Administrator.
- Assist in the Lead Data Administrator in the development of staff training materials.
- Complete basic modifications to ETO forms (TouchPoints), workflows, dashboards and reports.
- Assist the Lead Data Administrator in implementing ETO system upgrades and repairs.
- Complete basic SQL queries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in computer science, or business administration fields or relevant experience.
- 1 years’ experience providing user support for a client relationship management system.
- Ability to effectively translate user needs into technical requirements in clear and concise fashion.
- Ability to deliver user support with high levels of user satisfaction.
- Experience leading user trainings.
- Foundational knowledge of SQL to complete data queries.
- High level of proficiency using software applications such as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of service delivery in a social service setting, knowledge of Covenant House Vancouver’s service delivery preferred.
- Alignment with Covenant House Vancouver’s values and principles.
- Focus on delivering high quality service to system users.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Track record of executing and delivering on projects.
- A self-motivated individual who can operate autonomously but also as part of a team.
- Department – Research, Evaluation & Learning
- Schedule – Full Time
- Benefits – Full benefits after 3 months employment
We Love what we do and try to make a difference everyday. Covenant House Vancouver offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package and excellent opportunity for training and career advancement. If you are looking to join a place where we have a purpose and aim to achieve positive outcomes, please join us by applying.
Covenant House Vancouver celebrates equality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment, and we affirm and welcome applicants from all backgrounds of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation and age, except as prescribed by law.