Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.
WestJet Vacations is looking for a dynamic and motivated Business Analyst to join our team. This individual will exhibit a high standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, and is results-driven. The incumbent must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in an agile environment. The objective of the role will be to strategically develop and support technology solutions that align with our commercial revenue and operational objectives. The successful incumbent will utilize knowledge of system configuration to resolve system issues, assist with optimizing operations, and work with external technology partners to explore opportunities and solutions that align with our commercial objectives.
Key deliverables include:
- Provide day to day operational support for WestJet Vacations’ systems and assist in maintaining application and support documentation
- Work closely with WestJet Vacations Revenue Management team and external partners to create business proposals and initiatives
- Project Management of System Enhancements
- Provide subject matter expertise, support, and education to applications and booking platforms
- Monitor support inbox; respond and resolve support requests in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and resolve application problems by interfacing with internal teams, partners, and vendors
- Conduct regular system checks to proactively monitor key functions
- Maintain knowledge of key business processes within the reservation system and of functions and configurations in back end applications
- Maintain knowledge of tour operator distribution systems and the interrelation of WestJet Vacations (WVI) systems with distribution systems
- Coordinate and participate in testing releases during and outside of regular business hours as required
- Represent WestJet Vacations on assigned cross functional initiatives and projects. Proactively communicate with the team on upcoming changes and/or impacts
- Contribute to the development of strategies for improving or further leveraging existing systems
- Work with leaders to explore technology solutions with external vendors
- Participate in the analysis of business opportunities and contribute to recommendations for system or process solutions and proposed strategies for optimization
- Be an active participant in collaborative problem solving, planning, and prioritization discussions. Contribute ideas towards other team member’s initiatives and bring own initiatives forward for input and discussion with the team
- Assist team members who are leading projects with project work as required
- Support and maintain external vendor relationships
Experience and qualifications include:
- College diploma/technical school certificate or equivalent required
- 5 years related work experience; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- 3-5 years in the travel industry in an operational or analytical role
- Advanced experience and knowledge of tour operator reservations and/or back office applications
- Working knowledge of underlying technology components and how they interact with business applications and processes
- Strong Proficiency in Excel and MS Office applications
- Demonstrated technical skills; aptitude for learning new applications and applying systems knowledge to real world business scenarios
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Investigative mindset; experience troubleshooting and problem solving within system applications
- Highly self-motivated and able to operate with independence and minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate technical issues to a business audience (and vice versa) in a manner that can be simply understood
- Experience with Sabre, Softvoyage, Booking software platforms and applications preferred
- Related experience in business analysis, project management, information technology, or operations is considered an asset
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com.