STORMTECH is a Vancouver based company making a wide variety of performance, technical apparel, bags and accessories for companies in over 30 countries. Quality and design have remained at the forefront of the company’s mission, which is to “Provide Innovative Performance Apparel and Outstanding Customer Service”.
The primary objective of the Business Analyst (BA) is to work closely with SMEs and with the IT team to help deliver technology solutions that support our business strategies, and help improve business processes.
NATURE AND SCOPE
You are a self-driven business analyst who has experience working in different phases of the project. You enjoy
being involved in projects from the ground up, taking them from concept to successful completion with minimal oversight.
You take the time to listen to stakeholders, see things from their perspective, and celebrate success. You understand that technology doesn’t solve everything - sometimes a process tweak can make a world of difference. Your Agile mindset helps you focus on continual improvement and delivering real business value.
You are highly flexible when it comes to getting things done. A friendly and collaborative environment is more important to you than a structured one. You want to work on meaningful, high-impact projects.
- Work with business departments to understand, capture, and document processes
- Identify inefficiencies and propose improvements
- Document business requirements, translating them into functional requirements
- Participate in vendor demos, matching software capabilities to business needs
- Assist the team in different project phases (initiation, design, build, test, deployment, training)
- Document test scenarios, test cases, and expected results
- Access databases and spreadsheets to analyze data
- Help prioritizing activities and projects based on business value
- Create, update, and follow up on tasks in Wrike
- Work on several initiatives in parallel
- Support the project manager as needed to ensure successful project completion
- Act as liaison between business and technical teams
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience in related field.
- Experience with ERP implementation
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, for design or debugging purposes
- Experience in all project phases
- The ability to excel at identifying and understanding business problems and a proven track record in translating those problems into requirements for working solutions
- Experience with organizational change management
Nice to have:
- IT Retail experience
- Software and vendor selection
- Implementation of SaaS solutions
- Finance, Accounting, HRIS, Warehouse Management, PLM implementations
- Knowledge of SQL scripts
- Experience with collaboration, issue tracking, and project management tools (Wrike, Jira, Smartsheet, etc)
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnaby, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Business analysis: 5 years (preferred)
- ERP Implementation: 5 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19