POSTING DATE: Jul 2, 2021
PRIMARY LOCATION: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's Degree
JOB: Business Analysis
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Associate
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) Business Analyst is focused on the coordination and accountability of technology projects for the FX (foreign exchange), Rates (Government and Interest Rate products) and or Credit Complex (Corporate Credit and Municipal Bonds) trading organizations. The FID Technology Delivery Partners (TDP) are a context-driven group of project managers and business analysts leading budget discussions, work prioritization, Agile transformation, and regulatory programs with a holistic technology strategy in mind. This role will support strategic FID projects by being a detail-driven contributor across many platforms to ensure rationalization of data, resiliency of the plant, and adherence to regulatory standards. This role is best for a dynamic person that is curious about technology, solution-oriented, thrives in a diverse environment, and can work with a variety of personality types.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Versatility in the ability to participate in projects and tech product development from ideation to completion
- Create and maintain architecture diagrams to articulate data flows and processes, with the ability to articulate detailed data points eg. tagging, trade attributes.
- The ability to apply Agile methodology and principles to enable delivery of our technology products
- Create use cases and draft technical requirements pertaining to strategic projects, particularly where there are cross-product and cross-component considerations i.e. trade flows, reference data, etc.
- Deep-dive into established use cases and technical specs to ensure technical standards are met
- Provide a single point, end-to-end accountability for the project oversight and reporting back to the project management team
- Become familiar with the needs of downstream groups like Finance and Operations ensuring successful end to end projects
- Where applicable, provide consolidated project reporting for the various trading/business-facing organization
- Establish working relationships with our technology partners, business unit, and trading-side strategists
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives
- Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization
- Bachelors required, with Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science, or Industrial Engineering preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in a technology group a must
- Experience in participating in or driving end-to-end functional delivery from requirements to development to QA to delivery
- Exposure to development in the form of coding (C++, Java, Python) in commercial capacity, SQL, Linux
- Knowledge of Jira and MS Suite with strong skills in Excel, Powerpoint and Visio
- Masters in Business Administration, Finance or Computer Science/Technology/Information Systems a plus
- Experience in a financial sell-side institution or similar preferred
- Working knowledge of trading technology components (risk management, pricing, etc.), ECNs and broker platforms a plus
- Ability to build or query databases (SQL, Sybase) and/or knowledge of Python a plus
- Previous experience in an Agile SDLC environment
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
- Video dated October 2019.
Build a career with impact. Visit morganstanley.com for more information.