As an Applied Data Scientist on the Health Care team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the end-to-end collaboration with our clients and business partners in the healthcare industry. You will be working closely with the other members of the technical team to understand our partners’ problems and develop machine learning or optimization solutions to address them. You will also work closely with our software team to move the developed solutions into production.
What You'll Do
- Work with our clients and partners to understand their business needs and requirements to define the project plan, deliverables, and acceptance criteria.
- Research state-of-the-art methods for a given task, implement and improve upon these techniques to provide the best possible solution for our clients through collaboration with other team members.
- Develop end-to-end machine learning and optimization solutions including data acquisition, preprocessing, design, training and debugging machine learning models.
- Interpret the results of the developed machine learning or optimization solutions in a comprehensible manner backed by data and presenting them to our clients and partners.
- Work with 1QBit’s internal teams as well as customers to build and serve machine learning and optimization powered APIs.
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. The knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team include the following:
- Minimum Master’s degree in computer science, engineering physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, or another technical discipline.
- 2+ years of industry experience building and deploying machine learning or optimization solutions for business applications and/or in production environments
- Familiarity with data science and machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g. deep learning, random forest, support vector machines)
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks, such as Tensorflow and scikit-learn
- Highly proficient in Python programming
- Familiarity with optimization algorithms and statistical methods
- Experience with big data processing and database management
- Experience with Git and related source control concepts
- Ability to conduct research in an interdisciplinary environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Strong presentation and critical thinking skills
- Eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects
- Proactively seek out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- Open to receiving and giving feedback to elevate team performance
Nice To Have
- PhD degree in a technical field
- Familiarity with optimization packages such as Gurobi, or LocalSolver
- Familiarity with heuristic and metaheuristic optimization techniques, such as tabu search, local search, and simulated annealing
Who We Are
The Health Care team is a fast-paced group of healthcare experts, machine learning scientists, and software developers that passionately work to develop solutions that empower frontline care workers with scalable intelligent technologies. By partnering technology with medicine, and doing scientific work necessary, we're determined to establish a new standard in the way that diagnostics and treatment are performed worldwide.
1QBit is dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify demanding industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
Why work at 1QBit? You will have a chance to be part of a diverse and collaborative team and enjoy perks including: eligibility to take part in our Options Plan, full health and wellness benefits, extra long-long weekends, plenty of social events, and flexible work from home options.