BIRKS. PURE DELIGHT.
Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As an Business Analyst, IT for our Birks Corporate Office, located in Downtown Montreal, you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
ARE YOU OUR HIDDEN GEM?
The incumbent manages the requirements gathering, development, testing, training & implementation efforts of assigned projects. Engaged in the maintenance and enhancement of production systems and new application implementation. Works with the User community, outside vendors, programmers and other technical associates to establish project scope, ensures timely delivery and high quality standards and maintains project budget. Ensures project plans are accurately prepared and reports on project status and resource utilization weekly.
In Addition, the Business Analyst, IT will be expected to…
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Analyzes business partner’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Responsible for the implementation and support of software packages to support business functions. The BA is typically responsible for smaller packages or components of larger packages.
- Responsible for the enhancement process including capturing business requirements, evaluating system/business impacts, handing over requirements to IT development, reviewing and approving functional specs, and creating test scripts as required.
- Establishes business configuration parameters for the application
- Understands process, data flow and system configuration (application expert)
- Responsible for creating the documentation for the project but also for the changes involved and for the user base
Our ideal candidate has…
- University Degree is preferred
- 5 years of Business Analysis / Project Management experience. Experience with ERP, Ecommerce systems. Retail/Wholesale experience is preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to ensure high level of teamwork within the organization.
- Analytical skills to be able to take complex business problems and provide valid business and systems alternatives to solve them.
- Outstanding communication skills; able to articulate complex topics for non-technical audiences.
- Working experience writing business requirements use cases, and test plans.
- Knowledge of Web systems capabilities and methodologies.
- Retail and/or Manufacturing industry programming and management.
OUR PROMISE OF DELIGHT
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
- Competitive earnings
- Social benefits
- Wellness program
- Award and recognition programs
- Innovative and unique training programs
- Employee discounts
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for ?