Temporary Full Time (Until March 31, 2022)
ErinoakKids is currently seeking a talented and dynamic individual to fill the role of Data Analyst at our Mississauga location. Reporting to the Manager, Decision Support & Business Analytics, the Data Analyst will leverage their strong analytical, technical, financial and business intelligence skills to support evidence-based decision making and ongoing monitoring of quality and performance related to ErinoakKids’ clinical & autism services. This role provides both financial analysis as well as general business data support.
The Data Analyst will work in collaboration with the broader team to provide accurate, detailed and timely reporting, in-depth analysis and insightful interpretation, while developing and maintaining departmental documentation (i.e., report methodology, technical specifications and data dictionaries). The successful candidate will collaborate regularly with Clinical, Finance and Information systems staff to support knowledge sharing and teamwork.
- Provides meaningful analysis, insights and presentation of data, while maintaining technical specifications
- Produces accurate and reliable reporting and analytics to support internal and external reporting commitments
- Leverages business intelligence tools, where appropriate, to support dissemination of valuable, real-time information that results in evidence-based decision making
- Extracts, transforms and analyzes complex information to produce meaningful and insightful information to support strategic, operational and quality improvement initiatives across the organization
- Executes data quality audits, investigates anomalies and proposes recommendations for resolution to support continuous improvement initiatives
- Implements innovative reporting tools and visualizations to maximize interpretability and usage of performance reports
- Identifies areas of opportunity to increase efficiency and reduce manual work for standard reporting requirements
- Develops and maintains departmental documentation including report methodology, technical specifications and data dictionaries
- Independently completes assigned projects and ad hoc reports as assigned
- Collaborates with and supports clinical and non-clinical teams with a variety of analytical needs (i.e., development of metrics/performance indicators, in-depth analysis, data quality investigations and ad-hoc reporting)
- Collaborates regularly with other Decision Support members, as well as Finance and Information systems staff to support knowledge sharing and teamwork
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past financial results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Undergraduate degree in an applicable field, such as Health Informatics, Engineering, Biostatistics/Statistics, Math, Computer Science, or an equivalent technical discipline with training in data collection, analysis and data management
- Minimum of two years of experience in a decision support, analytical or business intelligence environment; financial experience preferred; healthcare experience an asset
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful reporting
- Experience working in a complex data environment such as enterprise data warehouses and other relational databases
- Experience with balanced scorecard reporting, indicator development and performance measurement
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools development (i.e., Cognos)
- Demonstrated expertise utilizing advanced SQL data extraction and manipulation tools (i.e., MS SQL)
- Knowledge of MIS/OHRS and proficiency in Meditech EXPANSE Data Repository, database management and Microsoft applications (advanced Excel, Access, etc.).
- High attention to detail and data accuracy a requirement
- Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Results-oriented individual with experience working under tight deadlines in a high pressure working environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment,
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Please note that all prospective ErinoakKids employees are subject to mandatory immunization requirements, including the full and ongoing COVID-19 vaccination, as a condition of obtaining and maintaining employment.
We will make accommodations as provided for pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants who require accommodations for disabilities or other specific grounds need to make their needs known in advance to Human Resources.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
Reference ID: 484848
Job Type: Temporary
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Wellness program