Candidate Messaging: A Step-by-Step Guide for Employers
How to Message Candidates Directly from Your Employer Center
Candidate Messaging empowers recruiters to initiate conversations with applicants who have applied to a job with their company through Glassdoor, making it more efficient to connect with quality candidates right where they’re researching potential employers. By directly connecting with right-fit applicants who have a full picture of what it’s like to work for your company, it’s easier to find better hires faster.
Recruiters benefit from the ability to send, receive and review candidate messages in one place. And because recruiters can speak directly to them, job seekers benefit from knowing the status of their application, eliminating the dreaded “application black box” and improving the job seeker experience overall.
How Candidate Messaging works:
To start messaging applicants, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Candidates section in your Employer Center. Applicants will be displayed in your Candidates list, with new applicants or those with new messages at the top of the list.
- Select a candidate and click either the “Show Messages” or “Send Message” on the detailed candidate view.
- Compose your message. You can format your text to customize your message and/or attach files by clicking the paperclip icon.
- Click Send.
- You will receive a copy of the message in both the Messages panel within your Employer Center and in the email inbox that you have linked with your Glassdoor account.
- Only recruiters can initiate an interaction with applicants. Not until you have sent that first message does the two-way conversation begin. Once you have reached out to a candidate, he or she can respond to you directly from their email inbox.
- You will receive responses from the candidate in both your email inbox and the Candidates section of your Employer Center.
Connect Seamlessly and Meaningfully
Your direct-to-applicant messaging in the Employer Center is also linked to your email address, so there’s no friction or need to switch back and forth between your Employer Center and your email.
Whether you reply to candidates in the platform or via email, you’ll have all of your messages in one place for easy reference, plus seamless notifications will draw your attention to new messages.
You and your team can craft your own messages, include subject lines, and add attachments to promote your unique employer brand. Then, candidates can respond directly to your message in their email. You’ll be notified in both the Employer Center and email.
To start messaging candidates directly, log in to your Employer Center today.