xMatters Reviews

Found 95 of over 96 reviews

4.8
xMatters CEO & Chairman Troy McAlpin
Troy McAlpin
Pros
  • "Work/Life balance matters to them(in 12 reviews)

• "He has built a great company with strong values and he really knows how to get the best from his management and the entire business(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No official work from home policy(in 3 reviews)

• "There seem to be a few growing pains, but nothing that can't be sorted out(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture

Sep 7, 2021 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Great benefits for health, vacation, etc - Management comes from engineering so they understand your needs well - Clear career progression

Cons

- Nothing really. Great place to work

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Awesome place to work

May 7, 2021 - Customer Service Manager (CSM)
      Business Outlook

Pros

values, benefits, opportunity, culture, people

Cons

none that i can think of

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An amazing place to be

Apr 26, 2021 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Where to start? * Culture is outstanding and soooo supportive -- every one wants to help :) * The team is really great and drives forward together extremely well * The attitude is very Same Team and it shows, in every facet of what happens * The CEO is a great leader -- transparent, supportive, invested and genuinely cares * The work is engaging and the team structure is very well thought out * The list goes on...

Cons

I really can't think of anything

ceo

Thank you for the review. I appreciate the thoughtful review.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic Culture, great people, interesting work

Apr 8, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Troy has set up a very inclusive and nurturing culture. People are encouraged to help each other and create good friendships at work. The work/life balance is great and there are enough events, activities, outings, and perks to make life at xMatters very enjoyable. There are many people at the company who have been there for over ten years because they just can't leave.

Cons

Too many free lunches. You might gain weight.

ceo

Ha well we do let people leave ;-) but we are really proud of our xPerts that have been with us a long time as well as our new crews! The dynamic of the changing culture is really a fun part of the company culture. I agree with you the snack budget thing but maybe we should do a 3P project together and burn off some of those extra lunches. Thank you for the review.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work

Jan 14, 2021 - UI Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly talented, humble, helpful engineers. Excellent workplace culture. Transparent leadership. Troy is the real deal - a stand-up guy who looks after his people 2020 was a tough year for everyone, which made the transparency, job security and genuine top-down empathy worth all the more. Love xMatters, and will be here for as long as they'll have me!

Cons

None as yet. If I had to mention something, I'd say there's not been much talk of career progression plans, but I also haven't sought that information out myself so would be unfair to categorise as a con.

ceo

Thank you for the review. Yes indeed, 2020 was not a ton of fun! However, not all bad, we continued providing a great service to our customers and helping them through the mess of 2020. Regarding Growth Plans please seek this out from your boss or HR. We are encouraging everyone to actively participate in growth planning (each xPert and each boss) so please nudge your boss in the right direction. Thank you.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Greatcompany culture

Jan 13, 2021 - Senior Support Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

They use leading cloud technology

Cons

Small size company under 500 employees

ceo

Thank you for the review. Please feel free to elaborate over time and share more experiences. We're working on that "con"...more growth coming!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work at

Jan 4, 2021 - UI Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

none so far . .

ceo

Thank you for the review, I'm glad you're enjoying your experience so far at xMatters.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Company, even better during COVID-19

Jul 2, 2020 - Senior Java Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Already the best company I have worked for (in 20 years), the way xMatters has handled COVID-19 must be nothing short of exemplary. We were immediately allowed to work from home, and meanwhile the company took a fresh look at our regular WFH policy and completely overhauled it for this new era we live in. Even during this crisis where some small discretional benefits such as free lunches were dialled down, as management have gotten an understanding of cashflows these have been quickly re-instated. Honestly right now I wouldn't want to work for any other company. Do yourself and your career a favour, and check out xMatters.

Cons

Personally I have experienced none. But perhaps you may join a team with a project that doesn't allow you to grow after a while. But then, we encourage mobility between teams. So not a biggie.

ceo

:) Thank you for sharing your experience. This has been a tough few months for every company to manage through. I appreciate you sharing your perspective on how xMatters has handled the crisis and your experiences so far here at xMatters. Please keep contributing your thoughts and advice on how we can continue to do better.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Best company I've worked for

Jun 20, 2020 - Senior Database Administrator in Victoria, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Strong leadership * Great employees * Excellent product * Technical debt reduction was built in to sprints * Documentation is superb * Benefits that are atypically generous: RRSP matching, vacation, snacks, company trips, training, medical/dental etc * Lots of technologies and processes to learn, if you're interested

Cons

Missing deadlines had heavy impact on other teams, so you had ensure you planned really well before the sprint. Not much of a con, really.

ceo

Thank you for the review and your many years of service! I appreciate that you spotted the fake review and felt compelled to say something. I appreciate the time span you were with xMatters we went through much change with big deadlines and really difficult work. Thank you for hanging in there and helping us build our awesome service! I suppose you could say we built it brick by brick!

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for

Jun 27, 2020 - UI Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good work-life balance, smart engineers, really good team building.

Cons

Teams organization can cause frustration and lost time. Teams sometimes step on each other's toes and do not communicate enough.

ceo

Thank you for the review and your advice. It's very timely as we get bigger and as we change our work style. Moving to Flexible Work locations (office, home, partial, full remote) we are carefully experimenting and improving the way we work and coordinate with one another. I like the idea of having team members (cross team) designing together especially when it's a UI heavy team and a Java/DB heavy team (e.g., front/back ends). We appreciate the feedback, we are sorry to see you go but we wish you the very best in your next step.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Reviews