phs Group "free lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

phs Group Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Sep 11, 2019

Found 153 reviews

4.0
phs Group CEO David Taylor-Smith
David Taylor-Smith
Pros
  • "Free lunch in the Caerphilly canteen(in 9 reviews)

• "(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "slightly complicated head office process(in 5 reviews)

• "Lots of changes in personnel including CEO and don't really focus on what matters most(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Overall a great company to work for"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They say its the people that make a good or bad workplace, and this is definitely true of PHS. Worked there for 8 years and have made some lifelong friends. Other perks are that the salaries are fair for the job you do, in my opinion. And of course, the famous free lunch at head office! The IT department has a great bunch of people, who for the most part, work together for the good of the company overall.

Cons

The benefits package is lacking when compared with other similar companies / job roles.

Advice to Management

Would strongly recommend a review of the benefits package, to bring the company in line with what's on offer elsewhere

phs Group2019-05-11

May 12, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for the review. Yes the IT team are a good bunch of people that support the whole group to sort and enhance our technology offering. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the senior management team regarding the benefits package. We do look at our benefits annually ...

2. "Awful place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The staff are nice Free Lunch

Cons

No Career Progression Low Pay Outdated management tactics

Advice to Management

Focus on the talent within the company & encourage employee career progression. Don't always rely on outside talent.

phs Group2019-05-01

May 5, 2019People Team

Hello, thanks for leaving a review. I have forwarded your review directly to the senior management team. Over the past few months we have put together a full talent plan at phs. Everyone is starting to see the benefit. We will always look internally for talent before we look externally.

3. "An insider's view of Finance at PHS"

Former Employee - Project Accountant in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive manager Really friendly staff - especially at PHS Teacrate Great on the job training Work hours are fairly low, which helps with work life balance Free lunch in the Caerphilly canteen Car allowance / company car

Cons

Compensation and benefits are on the low side but improving Role involved travelling (4 days in every 4 week period) Occasional Sunday work in my specific role (2 hours)

Advice to Management

The role I did was a really great training role and my manager was really supportive and should be commended. Pensions and other benefits such as maternity/paternity/sick are at the bare minimum by law. I know it would be expensive, but It might help display that you care about your employees by increasing some of these above the statutory minimum. Encourage flexible working / working from home to help with... employee satisfaction

phs Group2018-10-23

October 23, 2018Mark - phs team

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate all feedback. It's great to hear that you had a supportive manager, we'll make sure to pass your review over to our senior management team to see. Also love to hear you thought our staff are friendly, we get that ...

4. "caerphilly"

I have been working at phs Group full-time

Pros

Nice environment Good team interaction and support free parking free lunch working hours good development if looking well established company dealing with business to business customers

Cons

very busy but most places are now!

phs Group2018-04-30

July 30, 2018Mark - phs team

Hi, thanks for leaving us a review, sorry it's taken a while to respond, we like to respond to all of our reviews but this one looks like it slipped through the 'Glassdoor net' and we've only just seen it. Sorry! It's so great to hear the points you raise and we'll make sure your ...

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Lunch Convenient 9-5 Mon-Fri Overtime offered regularly

Cons

Far to Much Expected for such a low salary. Unable to do job properly as walls are put up. Management Make it up as they go along and pluck random "new processes" out of thin air and then complain when un trialled processes rolled out across 60+ people go wrong. Management don't listen to staff who ultimately know what they are doing Treated like naughty school children

Advice to Management

Listen to the people doing the job, We know what we are talking about. Pay a fair wage for the volume and variation of work dealt with.

phs Group2018-05-23

May 24, 2018Mark - phs team

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's disappointing to hear about your experience, we'll make sure to pass all of your comments on as we value and consider feedback we are given. Thank you again.

6. "Inbound sales"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Advisor in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

well established company, great people, great products, free lunch, dress down Fridays!

Cons

Pay could be more. The bonus structure is improving, however standard salary could rise.

Advice to Management

Look after you're staff to avoid large staff turnovers.

phs Group2018-04-16

April 18, 2018Mark - phs team

Thanks for taking the time to review what it’s like at phs. It’s great to read your comments and to hear that the people are great. We’ll make sure we'll pass on the ‘Cons’ you have raised and the ‘Advice to Management’. Thanks again for the review.

"Working for PHS is rapidly going downhill"

Current Employee - Account Administaton in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Lunch in head office

Cons

Poor management, unpredictable changes poorly planned, no method of escalation

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff more

phs Group2017-03-23
  8. "Needed a shakeup"

I worked at phs Group full-time

Pros

PHS offered free lunch for all employees with a great selection, also cheap breakfasts on a Friday. Big offices with everything all under one roof. Nice people and a community atmosphere.

Cons

Very outdated building on an industrial estate. Management and executives very set in their ways, reluctant to try new things out of their comfort zone.

Advice to Management

Shake up the business, be more open to new approaches and ideas, and updated some of the technology. Building could do with a refurbishment!

phs Group2015-10-22
  9. "Great place to work if you are OK with the lower pay."

Former Employee - Senior Web Developer in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family-managed feel, lots of variety, opportunity for moment within the company and if course the free lunch if based at head office. The teams genuinely get along and there was no drama, at least in marketing.

Cons

Lower salaries than elsewhere and the speed of growth through acquisitions left the IT department with an impossible task. Internal systems are old and outdated but people seem to work with what they have.

Advice to Management

Realize the value of employees and compensate them better and you'll retain way more - lots of colleagues, including myself, were forced to move on because of wages.

phs Group2015-07-08