phs Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 143 reviews

3.9
phs Group CEO David Taylor-Smith
David Taylor-Smith
  1. "Lowest of the low - FEAR MANAGEMENT"

Current Employee - Finance in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time

Pros

The only good thing is some of the good staffs potential but what good is that when they haven't got a hope in hell of doing anything useful with it because progression is non-existent.

Cons

Awful pay, do anything to cut corners to save money, negative don't try to invest to grow, no incentives at all to do a good job just fear to not to a bad one, favouritism everywhere & more than anything fear management is a pure disease across the company, shameful the way staff are treated.

Advice to Management

Only thing could possibly said is for the company to sell up, hopefully to someone/a company that can do a complete overhaul and revamp on the company. Needs to be completely reviewed and re-thought.

phs Group2019-04-25

May 5, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for the review. I have passed your review to our Executive team. If you would like to discuss this further or get support please contact your HR team or askDTS.

"Would not recommend Time wasters Poor pay"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing to give a pro about Terrible company

Cons

Poor pay Terrible managers Never get back to you Waste your time and trips

Advice to Management

Learn to manage

phs Group2019-04-19

April 24, 2019People Team

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review. We are disappointed to read your comments and that you felt you couldn't think of any pros of working at phs. We will escalate your comments to the senior management team.

"Over worked being pushed too hard"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None as they just push and push for more productivity and less respect for the employee

Cons

360 routing system is rubbish, new CEO is pushing service drivers too hard to cover too much productivity we are all exhausted and heading towards burnout.

Advice to Management

Please "Calmed down on the Productivity levels" we are all struggling as a service driver, your figures may look good for now but drivers are leaving or falling over with exhaustion. Its like being in the Army and this is not the army?? The 360 routing software is rubbish and doesn't plan as well as a human as it has no common sense. If i ignore the 360 routing app and do it manually i can cover the routes without killing...

phs Group2019-03-24

March 27, 2019People Team

Hi, thank you for leaving us a review. We are disappointed to read your comments and that you felt you couldn't think of any pros of working at phs. We have forwarded your comments through to the senior management team. Thanks again for your comments

"One of the worst companies I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Senior Leader in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really none that I can think of

Cons

Lie to customers constantly telling them they are being serviced when they are not. False reporting of reports and kpi’s to customers. Hard core of staff that control everything and block progress. Poor senior leadership, people in position through “buddy” system and relationships rather than being good at their job. Ineffective yes people surround CEO. CEO clearly doesn’t know the real truth around how bad it is...

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff that face the customer every day. Don’t lie about where you are or you can’t move forward. Stop asking staff at meetings and events to put positive reviews on Glassdoor as this is just lying. Do you relay understand the depth of unhappiness amongst your teams Don’t lie to your staff, treat them like the grown ups they are.

phs Group2019-04-15

April 26, 2019People Team

Hello, thank you for your open feedback. I will be sure to pass this information on to the senior management team. I can assure you that we will look in to this further. Our people and customer are a big part of our 3 year strategy.

"Absolutely horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None any more!! its all gone down hill.

Cons

The whole management is so horrible here now and good people are being driven out the business..

Advice to Management

Management and HR are horrible and have no loyalty to staff.

phs Group2019-04-08

April 24, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving us a review. We are sorry to read your comments. If you would like to talk about this further please askDTS. In the meantime we will pass this review to the senior management team.

"Not very good"

Former Employee - Service Engineer in Bristol, England

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Have got their hand in a lot of markets and have got the potential to grow

Cons

Not very well paid, not generous with employee benefits etc

phs Group2019-04-07

April 24, 2019People Team

Hello, thanks for the review. I'm glad that you agree that we have potential to grow. With regards to pay and benefits we look at our benefits and overall reward package on a yearly basis. This is something that I will pass to the senior team to discuss.

"Inconsistent and unreliable."

Current Employee - IT Support in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people, the workers and that’s it.

Cons

The ceo and coo.anyone can get a straight answer. Phs is refreshing in the number of u turns they make for every decision.

Advice to Management

Leave, save yourself.

phs Group2019-03-27

April 24, 2019People Team

Hello, thanks for leaving a review. I agree that the people are definite advantage of phs. We have gone through significant positive change in the last 12 months. This has made us stronger than ever. I will forward your comments over to the senior management team.

• "Excellent!!"

Former Employee - Cleaning Operative in Exeter, England

I worked at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good place to work for!

Cons

Nothing to tell to be honest!

Advice to Management

Just carry on!!

phs Group2019-02-18

February 20, 2019Mark - phs team

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for your positive comments and glad you feel it's a good place to work. We'll be sure to pass on your advice to our management team. Thanks again.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Golborne, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing, shockingly poor company to work with.

Cons

you are expected to work long hours, poor salary!! Management has no clue, if your face fits then you will progress if not then you will be made to leave. Engineers with no qualifications being made to attend jobs with no training. worse company I have ever worked with!! avoid at all cost!

Advice to Management

stop pretending, get rid of the people who are incompetent instead of the one's who actually have the qualifications to complete jobs. GET A BACK BONE!!!!

phs Group2019-03-24

April 24, 2019People Team

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review. We are disappointed to read your comments and that you felt you couldn't think of any pros of working at phs. I have already forwarded your comments to the senior management team.

"Leadership needs reforming"

I worked at phs Group full-time

Pros

I had a good team

Cons

Old style leadership, no investment for people

phs Group2019-03-01

April 24, 2019People Team

Hi, Thanks for the review. I would agree that the best part of phs is being part of the phs family team. Over the past 12 months we have invested heavily in our people in order to provide a great customer service. I will escalate your comments to the senior management team.

Found 143 reviews