phs Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

David Taylor-Smith
  1. "15 Happy Years"

Current Employee - Head of Brokers

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

After 15 years of working for PHS I can honestly say it is an enjoyable experience with daily challenges and fantastic results. My colleagues and Management Team are supportive and we all work together. Everyday brings something New!

Cons

On Occasion we do suffer with lack of communication but moral is strong and we get there....

Advice to Management

Remember that those on the ground have good knowledge and a can do attitude.

phs Group2019-04-29

April 30, 2019People Team

Hi, Thanks for the review. I'm glad that you think our management team are supportive at phs, I think they are too. As with any business we strive to communicate through regular business updates from the Senior leadership team. 15 years service that is something to celebrate.

2. "Key Accounts - Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Department Head in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working within the Key account team at phs Hygiene has been extremely rewarding over the past 12 months. The culture is fast paced but very supportive from CEO to Operatives in the field with everyone working closely together. Phs is very good at recognising good performance, with my team receiving great recognition on their achievements. Key accounts have a fantastic client base which is second to none within the... Industry. Overall a great career move.

Cons

Fast pace wont suit everyone

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going on improving clients experiance with phs

phs Group2019-04-29

April 30, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for the review. Yes I would agree that things move quickly at phs. We do this to deliver a positive experience for our customer and people. I would agree that the Exec team have given a positive boast of energy to phs.

3. "Regional Sales Manager Hygiene Midlands"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager Hygiene Midlands

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

phs Group is a great place to work! I have never before worked for a company where there are so many like minded people who want to support each other, are highly motivated and have such a passion and drive for the industry and the company itself. Within the 5 years I have worked for phs it has gone through a number of changes, in my opinion each change has been for the better! My Manager joined the business around... 2 years ago - his input has meant we now have a great success culture, pushing one another to achieve more and do better period on period... with some great bonus’ and incentives to be had! His support and direction has given me the tools and knowledge to build a strong sales team in the Midlands, whilst maintaining a great work/life balance! phs Group truly believe in promoting within, with clear development plans in order to make this happen - I was even promoted once when I was 5 months pregnant... there are not many companies that could honestly say they would do that!!!

Cons

I appreciate not everyone will share in my experiences, however I genuinely believe there are very few cons to working for phs Group!

phs Group2019-04-27

April 30, 2019People Team

Hi, Thanks for leaving such a balanced review. Its good see that you have the same passion and drive as everyone that works at phs. We are a good bunch of people that puts the customer first.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Telesales Account Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a new starter with the company but so far no complaints. The training program is extremely informative but also lots of fun, everyone is friendly & they love what they do.

Cons

None so far, all good

April 26, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. Its good to hear that you had a positive induction program. I would agree we are a friendly bunch of people at phs.

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic Culture and the people make the business. Having joined 9 months ago it has been a great Career move. It is fast-paced, challenging and rewarding and the sales-centric and people-centric

Cons

I would have to say that I have enjoyed every minute so no cons

Advice to Management

Keep pushing in the right direction

April 26, 2019People Team

Hello, thank for leaving phs a review. I'm glad that you think phs has been a great career move for you. I hope phs can celebrate many work anniversaries with you.

6. "Exciting and fast paced"

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to contribute and make a difference Great culture and good people The company is really looking to improve what it already does well and change areas where it needs to improve Great investment in the right areas

Cons

It's a big company and as such the changes will take some time to filter through

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward with the changes that are needed

April 26, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for the review. You're right! phs is very exiting and faced paced. If you've got any suggestions on how we can get the changes filtered through dont forget to askDTS.

7. "The Best company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Manchester, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for PHS Group for just under 12 months now, and I have thoroughly enjoyed working for such a professional company who works in partnership with their customers to achieve the best service and innovation for the right price to the customer. The back of office support is second to none. The Management is exceptional and work with you to encourage you to grow and blossom

Cons

PHS is such a vast company and I would expect an employees benefit scheme like many other companies have as standard, with discount cards, savings cards, health insurance and purchase of extra holidays

Advice to Management

I would like to see more benefits being added for employees to access, in previous employment I have been able to purchase up to three weeks holiday paid each month, so that is does not affect your wage so much. I also had savings cards for M & S, Primark and Boots, among just a few that gave us discount, so I paid for example £7 to gain £10 on my card. I also was able to purchase holiday insurance and health... insurance for myself and my family which again was paid monthly. I also bought shares in the companies I have worked for too. PHS needs to look at different things for their employees to benefit from

April 26, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving such a balanced and open review. Your right we do work closely with our customers to give the best solution. I will pass the great suggest that you've made to the senior management team for consideration.

8. "Horrible!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Care in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a free canteen

Cons

The most horrendous company to work for. Management take a one rule for one rule for another approach depending if they like you. If upper management had any idea what supervisors on the floor were allowing to happen everyone would be fired.

Advice to Management

Just leave

phs Group2019-05-26

May 29, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. We will look in to this and I will speak directly with the Senior Management team to investigate further. In the meantime if you would like to support further with the investigation please feel free to send HR an email hrgeneral@phs.co.uk.

9. "Not as good as they think"

I have been working at phs Group full-time

Pros

No one gives a poo about you so your left on your own.

Cons

Poor pay and no support

Advice to Management

Grow up and think of the workers.

phs Group2019-05-04

May 8, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. We are sad to hear that you feel nobody cares about you. I will be sure to pass this information on to the senior management team. If you would like to discuss this further please contact HR at your earliest convenience.

10. "Awful place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The staff are nice Free Lunch

Cons

No Career Progression Low Pay Outdated management tactics

Advice to Management

Focus on the talent within the company & encourage employee career progression. Don't always rely on outside talent.

phs Group2019-05-01

May 5, 2019People Team

Hello, thanks for leaving a review. I have forwarded your review directly to the senior management team. Over the past few months we have put together a full talent plan at phs. Everyone is starting to see the benefit. We will always look internally for talent before we look externally.

Found 153 reviews