inVentiv Health Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

inVentiv Health Reviews

Updated 4 Dec 2019

3.4
inVentiv Health CEO Alistair Macdonald (no image)
Alistair Macdonald
Pros
  • "Work Life balance with flexibility(in 50 reviews)

• "They have very good benefits for a contract company and the people are good to work with(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management seems distant but I understand you can't get to know everyone(in 19 reviews)

• "Contract work where there doesn't seem to be much help from the Inventiv recruiters once contract ends(in 18 reviews)

1. "Safety Associate"

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time

Pros

It is the best place to work with so much exposure to clinical trials

Cons

Recruitment process should be bit faster.

Advice to Management

None

inVentiv Health2017-11-21
  2. "ABUSIVE OF VOLUNTEERS"

Current Employee - Research Facility Nurse in Quebec, QC

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I noticed lots of breach and privacy abuse of people "volunteering" for various medical studies, all their possessing, personal items even those not brought inside research area are screened and judge, causing extreme discomfort and bothersome on top of medical restrains. "Volunteers" are dealt with like numbers, subjects and mannequins never as human beings; physicians on research site act like Real dictators... with volunteering folks, nursing staff are dealt with like these physicians "maids", they zeta say in any simple matter. It's all about money, leave your morals by the door, please the bosses collecting the cash in their offices in USA.

Cons

Very stressful, you have to close your eyes and ignore the insulting manipulation of "volunteers", all people in good health, in need of cash to support families, students to pay their school fees or simply folks lost their jobs. It hurts me watching all this crap yet not being able to say a word, or be thrown out at the company's doors!

Advice to Management

Respect your "volunteers" privacy, treat them like humans, adjust company's "Trumpy" USA policy, this is Canada, slavery eras are over and have no place in the maple leaf land. Implement Canadian standards, this is not the Bronx!

inVentiv Health2018-05-02
  3. "country submission specialist"

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time

Pros

I like the work environment very much, everyone was good and worked hard.

Cons

there were lack of career opportunities when I wanted to transfer to the other country.

inVentiv Health2018-01-09
  4. "Manager"

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance; progressive culture; limited red tape; lots of opportunity on various contracted programs

Cons

401k company contributions; long term incentives; some employment is contract contingent

Advice to Management

align benefits more closely to pharma manufacturers

inVentiv Health2016-11-23
  5. "Avoid"

I worked at inVentiv Health

Pros

I had some really nice coworkers. That was the only positive.

Cons

Employees are overworked and are not treated well. Employee turnover was a regular occurrence.

inVentiv Health2015-09-04
  6. "In transition"

I worked at inVentiv Health

Pros

Time in office flexibility. Local autonomy.

Cons

Inability to make tough longer term decisions. Short term orientation.

Advice to Management

In service businesses, office culture matters.

inVentiv Health2015-01-27
  7. "No vision , doesn't invest in its staff."

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent work, life balance, working from home office has great benefit to home life. Family values are not neglected and company understands.

Cons

IT issues are Constant, equipment is refurbished and unreliable. This is a company made up several small CROs that have been scooped up by inventiv health. The company is very US-centric, even though it has global employees that are very familiar with their country regulations, it will use US staff who are unaware of the differences in nearby countries. Delays often occur for startup of projects in non-US... contry's .

Advice to Management

Invest in your long term employees

inVentiv Health2013-12-15
  8. "Good company to work for."

I have been working at inVentiv Health

Pros

Challenging and diverse work environment

Cons

Salaries and bonuses are not transparent

Advice to Management

Transparency

inVentiv Health2013-06-11
  9. "My overall experience with this company is that it is a good way to start your carreer"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Quebec, QC

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a lot of challenge to implement and tests the applications for the operations. Team work is part of the day to day tasks you may learn English depending of your division. You learn to follow regulations and procedures but you have templates to help you with..

Cons

A lot of reorganization since 2010. People didn't felt well in that so a lot of them left, leaving the rest to have to deal with more work. A lot of people were supervised by a supervisor who was not on site. Communication to employyes was not always well done (reorganization of a department anounced by email)

Advice to Management

Communicate important changes in a meeting, not by email. Take time to give feedback to your employees to congratulate them for their good work.

inVentiv Health2012-07-12

"Dishonest company all around"

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, training, diversity, learning experience

Cons

My paycheck was shorted, not once or twice, but numerous times. I learned, from my direct Pharma manager, as well as my inVentiv manager, that this was common practice. The pharma company mentioned, stopped partnering w iV because if this, as did another startup pharma co whose project I worked on. They got tired of having to fight for their employees pay and fair treatment regarding benefits. One year, despite... medical insurance premiums being deducted from my pay, these premiums were not being paid to United, thus every time I went to the Dr. (and had a breast lump) the labs, surgeon, primary care, etc ran the contract & group #s provided by iV but it came up in their system as uninsured. HR was dismissive & took 2 months! to take any action at all, 4 months to correct. Told me to pay out of pocket for my care, then apply for reimbursement, despite $321 monthly being deducted from pay. They very callously thought it was appropriate (and possible) for me to pay full (uninsured) prices on each Dr. visit, including a costly breast ultrasound, while also paying premiums to be uninsured. 4 months of no resolution plus treated like I was the problem, finally got email from HR that just said, 'its handled'. No apology. My boss told me it was widespread and the pharma company who we were partnered with was appalled. They withdrew their business as soon as their 1 yr contract ended and took their sales force with them. Sadly, by then, what turned out to be a cancerous tumor had spread to lymph nodes so I got left behind with inVentiv. Par for the course, the supplemental insurance policy I'd purchased from them which was supposed to cover me for the duration of my illness was cancelled before my treatments ended. They also broke the law by laying me off while I was still on leave, and halfway through my radiation treatments, then required me to do closeout procedures (clean out sample storage locker, mail back equipment, endure a closeout audit) all while still on medical leave and between radiation treatments which were administered daily and drain all energy. Again, both my bosses were appalled but couldn't do anything. This company is callous, unlawful (repeatedly) and unethical. They seriously should have been sued, but I was too sick and literally fighting just to live. I'm well now, and wanted you to know what this company has done to me.

Advice to Management

There is so much research which has been done, much of it funded by Bristol Meyers Squibb, that proves: it's much cheaper to retain employees than keep hiring new ones (the churn & burn philosophy costs you much more), and the thing that most greatly increases employee productivity is employee happiness (not the Macevellian approach, or cheating your employees) which is practiced at inVentiv. The very first... person who warned me about the unlawful, unethical practices at inVentiv was my very first boss their, in 1997, who was directly employed by BMS. Same sentiment way back then. he was tired of having to fight for his employees to get their rightful pay, which was being funded by BMS but not allotted to sales force according to contract. They also took their business elsewhere, inVentiv. I believe same logic for retaining employees probably applies to retaining contracts. Cheaper to retain the ones you already have than constantly have to find new ones, and to retain them, must keep them happy. And, cheating your salesforce is a practice that only appeals to you. Your customers have become as disgusted as your affected employees. In other words, if you can be as successful as you've been by doing the wrong thing, then please consider how much more successful you could be by doing the right thing. Research proves it. Work smarter instead of harder, and your bottom line will follow..

inVentiv Health2019-12-04