iZettle Employee Reviews about "pension"

Updated Jul 23, 2019

4.1
iZettle Founder and CEO Jacob De Geer
Jacob De Geer
Pros
  • "Lots of freedom and relaxed environment(in 7 reviews)

• "Great culture, fun atmosphere, contact with people from another countries, good benefits and salary(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pension contribution below expectations for a company this size(in 6 reviews)

• "Poor management at times no clear path(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "pension"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best place I've ever worked"

5.0
    Current Employee - Developer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at iZettle full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have to say, I've been reading some of the recent negative reviews on iZettle and they absolutely do not gel with my experience working here in the Edinburgh office. So I decided to jump on and post my thoughts, as a someone who is not a disgruntled former employee, but rather a very happy current employee. You know that "Sunday" feeling you get, when you know that you have to go to work the next day, and you get the mounting feeling of dread that Monday brings? I don't get that here. I'm happy to go to work, I'm happy with my workload, I'm happy with my colleagues, my benefits, my managers, the office location, everything. I've been here for almost a year now, and honestly it's the best place I've ever worked. Here's what we get: * Flexible working (working from home, flexible hours) * Good salary for the most part (matched to industry standard, certainly in my case) * Death in Service life insurance * Quality equipment - laptops, phones, big monitors * €3000 annual training budget for every tech team member, to spend on courses, conferences, or whatever you can justify to your manager * Perkbox membership * Cycle to Work scheme * Amazing office social environment - I'm just sitting down at my desk after having a sociable lunch in the kitchen with members of other teams, all mingling and friendly. * Team nights out, office nights out, Summer and Christmas parties (always epic). There are so many paid-for opportunities to socialise that I need to limit myself or I'd never see my family * Free breakfast, fruit, soft drinks and a decent spread of beer on Fridays at Beer O'Clock. * Aiming for a truly agile culture (everyone needs coaching in this, that's why we have inspiring agile coaches) * Enhanced maternity after you've been here for 1.75 years (6weeks full pay, a further 6 months half pay, then statutory after that) Another huge advantage I see working here as a female developer is that there's none of the "brogrammer" culture that I've sometimes experienced in other IT environments. Every developer here is knowledgeable, humble and keen to help. IZettle works hard to ensure that the people they hire are a good cultural fit. Don't let the negative reviews put you off working here. It's a brilliant place to work. ALSO - don't let the buy-out by PayPal put you off working here. The feeling about what it'll be like when we're fully integrated is overwhelmingly positive.

Cons

No workplace is perfect. In terms of working conditions, I wouldn't change a thing. There are some benefits that they could do better, like a more generous holiday allowance, equal parental leave for men/same sex couples as for mothers, enhanced pension contribution matching, and a more comprehensive private health care plan.

iZettle Response

September 6, 2019

Thank you so much for this review. We have so many good things to shout about and so many people work hard every day to make this a great place to work, to learn and to find friends. We are not perfect, every day is a school day as they say, but you are right, we have far more pros than cons.

"A career dead end for smart passionate engineers."

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Stockholm, Stockholm

I worked at iZettle full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Central office in Stockholm - Hack weeks - Good tech colleagues (the ones that are left, slowly leaving and a lot good people already left) - Flexible hours. - Paypal - Good brand for CV

Cons

These are mainly for the technical department - Pension contribution below expectations for a company this size. - More managers and less developer headcount. - Lack of technical vision when building scalable systems. - The big influx of developers they hired this last 2 years ago, is leaving which are mainly A & B players and were key for the tech culture. - No trust is given to new talented hires on their ideas, their knowledge or skillset. - No recognition of other peoples hard work on key projects, only key persons (i.e: favoritism gets recognised). - Ideas get stolen, no recognition for hard working newcomers with a fresh mindset as mentioned on the previous point. - Developer compensation below market value. - Lack of knowledge sharing. - No flat decision making. - No place for smart people, as their innovation and suggestions get shot down without context to the problem. - You can find decisions made by external parties to teams without understanding the teams problem on the domain, leading to bad decision making. - No interest on team building, some teams leads do not have passion to strength the bonds between team members.

Continue reading

"Flexible work with bad compensation package"

I worked at iZettle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good colleagues (although one after one is leaving) - latest phone and laptop - flexible hours - Cental office and nice - international colleagues - good company name on resume/CV - no pressure from management (pros) which encourage people to be lazy (cons)

Cons

- low salary and pension compared to the market value, with a huge gap - high employee churn rate - low-quality outcome - bureaucracy, no transparency and a lot of work politics - no opportunity for growth and lack of internal training and development - they fire a quite good number of people during their probation period - hiring consultants as managers instead of promoting internal people. - improper decisions by the tech management

"Toxic environment"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at iZettle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location, interesting technology and some good work mate (although one after the other leaving).

Cons

Toxic environment, inexperienced and poor management, rampant office politics, backstabbing and poorly disguised racism, which made me uncomfortable. Great people are being forced out and others shut up and hang on for fear of losing their jobs. People walk out of the office to speak freely and to not bee seen with the wrong people from the same company. Salary not bad but not great either. Pension contributions at minimum levels and other benefits could be better.

iZettle Response

March 23, 2018Global Talent & Culture Director

Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We take this very seriously and we would appreciate if you could reach out to us on hr@izettle.com. We’re committed to creating a great culture and work environment for all iZettlers. As an employer, we oppose all types of discrimination, and no such behaviour is tolerated at the workplace. Kind regards / iZettle HR representative

5. "One of the best workplace"

4.0

I have been working at iZettle full-time

Pros

- Good work environment - Caring - Lots of freedom

Cons

No pension for employees atm

"Limited career growth/development opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at iZettle full-time

Pros

Cool people, fun activities, nice looking office space, try to develop the organisation to the better, and some employees get a really nice education budget. If you like continuous change this is the company is for you, but be aware that the organisation will keep on changing and what you like with it today might not be a part of the future.

Cons

Low-pension benefits and low/medium salary. A lot of internal politics and backstabbing, as well as gossips instead of transparent communication. Right now the company focus a lot on getting the numbers to look "good" / "right", in my opinion too much. Growing hierarchy (which they recently tried to slim down). Don't seem to care much about Swedish labour law and practice. Fires a lot of people, although the company have been a rapidly growing throughout the years they have always had a "work tasks shortage" and been in need of firing employees in all kind of departments. Instead of developing employees with almost the right requirements for other roles, they fire them and hire new ones which will have almost the same responsibilities previous employees had.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews