iQmetrix Employee Reviews about "good people"

Updated Oct 18, 2021

Found 8 of over 88 reviews

3.8
iQmetrix CEO and President Ryan Volberg
Ryan Volberg
Pros
  • "People I work with are awesome, company values work-life balance and lots of opportunity for growth(in 11 reviews)

• "High salary floor, great work environment, good people to work with, inclusive environment(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Especially in comparison to other companies one could work for, iQmetrix excels at so many things(in 7 reviews)

• "There is virtually no chance for advancement unless you are friends with the right people(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

237K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=iQmetrix~34666
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company

Oct 18, 2021 - Site Reliability Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Awesome culture - Good environment - Good people

Cons

- Compensation - Strategy - Perks need to be updated

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to start a career

May 23, 2021 - Senior Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

High salary floor, great work environment, good people to work with, inclusive environment. Due to the low compensation ceiling but high floor, it's a great place to begin and grow your career.

Cons

The hardest workers aren't compensated appropriately compared to other companies. Lots of employees clock in, clock out, with no passion or drive to do anything more or take pride in their job, and they're compensated the same as the ones who really take things seriously and want to deliver some great software. Other companies are willing to compensate double or more for that kind of quality, so you're incentivized to pretty much just do the minimum. Seems like a quantity over quality approach in terms of hiring strategy.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A mixed bag of good and bad.

Aug 25, 2020 - Software Developer in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have done a good job during these pandemic times and the people who work there are good people. There is always someone willing to offer help when needed.

Cons

There is virtually no chance for advancement unless you are friends with the right people. If you are not in Vancouver, you may as well forget about ever getting recognized for your hard work. Management does not really value employees.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0

Good people, bad management

Sep 6, 2018 - QA Analyst in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with. Nice office. An extra annual one week vacation the company organizes for employees. Good salary.

Cons

Lots of politics. Will recommend that company only for junior specialist or as a temporary place to work.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company, great benefits

Jun 2, 2018 - Designer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is good. People are very friendly and there are a lot of events and activities that bring people closer. The company encourages a good work-life balance. There are regular fitness classes and a gym in the building.

Cons

The company went through a restructuring last year which involved team changes and layoffs. The morale was very bad at the time. I left the job because I wasn't motivated and challenged enough in my team. Depending on which team you join, you may have great growth opportunities or none at all.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, just not right for me

May 9, 2017 - Business Analyst in Regina, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing individuals and it is no surprise that these people are generally just good people. They have the best conversations that drive thought or just bring a smile to your face. If there is one thing I'll miss most is the people that make everything a "great experience". There are a lot of cool things happening, pushing technologies and implementing patterns to build quality applications. I've been on the front-lines of building web apps and understand the efforts that go into these astonishing results. Mostly brought upon by the individuals, the company allows it's employees to grow, work and have fun at the same time. I will remember every adventure that I have taken with the company and how it has shaped me into the individual I am today.

Cons

In my daily work, I communicate with several people and my development team about upcoming product requirements and new features. At my job, it is very difficult to find who is accountable and makes the "executive order" (other than the executives which I am pretty separated from). A lack of confidence in being cohesive began to become a daily issue for myself. I really hope the push for Holacracy assists them with resolving this issue. Even before I knew what I was going to be, I always promised myself that I would work my butt off. In my post-graduate career, I was able to work my butt off and do whatever I could do to help my team. However, being at such a large company with so many powerful products that I never felt the impact of my work.  Since I've started, the company I've worked for has almost doubled in size; and in the growth, the diversity of roles has expanded. There are teams to gather the client requirements, support clients, look at architecture, manage DevOps, and so much more. It became more apparent towards the end of my time, I would always be boxed to the role that I owned and would always be distanced from learning the end-to-end business.

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun environment

May 31, 2016 -  in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of talented and fun people here. Work life balance and culture is great. Exec team are nice and are good people.

Cons

We try to get into new market with minimum information. Many people are working on the wrong things. Less focus. It seems that we run after shiny new balls all the time.

8. 4.0

Nice Culture

Jun 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good people and culture and work life balance

Cons

nothing much, but upper management should be more of a risk taker and decisive

Be the first to find this review helpful