eBay Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 146 of over 4,244 reviews

4.1
eBay CEO Jamie Iannone
Jamie Iannone
Pros
  • "Great benefits can move up if you work(in 160 reviews)

• "Very good benefits including health(in 147 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance could br improved(in 144 reviews)

• "Management struggles with decision making(in 114 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

good to work

Nov 7, 2020 - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, bonus at the end of the year

Cons

no cons as far as I can think of

eBay Response

Hello and thank you for the very nice review! We appreciate you taking time to let us know that you enjoyed the benefits and the end of year bonus process. We too feel that eBay has excellent benefits and takes care of its employees. If you can think of any other feedback you'd like to share, please feel free to do so by emailing us at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

2. 2.0
      Former Contractor, more than 3 years

Kijiji/ Gumtree Community Specialist

Jan 31, 2018 - Community Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Cool Tech company 40-hours weekly Good salary Good benefits Q Bonus

Cons

Outsourced contract position- contracted by a staffing agency to work under the client eBay Salary per hour Overnight shifts No growth opportunities in this position

3. 3.0

Good People & Atmosphere

Jan 18, 2017 - Customer Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great team atmosphere - lot's of social events - good training programs - good benefits

Cons

- needed more transparency between management and front line employees

4. 2.0
      Current Employee

Where did the real eBay go?

Apr 21, 2009 - CS Lead in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- innovative business model - forefront of internet commerce - interesting company to work for - fast paced, dynamic - exciting to be competing with the big boys in Silicon Valley - international brand - fortune 500 company - still believing that people are basically good - still helping some small business to earn a better living - especially amidst the economic meltdown - enabling international commerce - giving opportunities for people who cannot work otherwise a chance to use their innovation to make a living e.g. handicapped, elderly - promoting social and economical equality - can observe business model - some good structures in place: HR, security, grassroots mentorship program, green initiatives, Rewards and Recognition team, facilities team - employee lounge - good benefits: health, parking, transit benefits, shuttle to the skytrain, Bagel Day, ESPP, Group RRSP, RSUs, bonuses (use to), free gym, sabbatical program after 5 years

Cons

- lower salary - lack of development opportunities to move talented individuals into the next position / salary category - as a result, difficult to retain talent; barely holding on to people due to under water stock options - career path from the Operations centre does not link into the Business Unit in San Jose / other countries

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Change is not always a good thing. Stop it already.

Dec 28, 2008 - Customer Services Representative in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

In my opinion, I think it has good benefits as well as a competitive wage. I like working for a company that provides a really interesting service, where there is lots to learn and a constant challenge. You can't get bored working there; there is always something new to learn. The one thing that makes me reluctant to leave after all the changes is the fact that eBay has the best group of coworkers I've ever had. I think the job naturally attracts a lot of like-minded people. This was the first job I really liked, although that's now changed. A drama-free (or at least drama-lite) workplace.

Cons

Recent changes have made us all feel uncertain about our jobs. I used to go to work daily feeling glad that I got to work for eBay and that I finally had a job I liked. Then they randomly closed valuable departments, shifted people around, let a bunch of people go and it doesn't feel safe anymore. Our holiday party was replaced with an "appreciation luncheon". Well, we are no longer feeling appreciated; we are feeling scared for our jobs - both our positions and our employment in general. It is no longer the place it was when I started working there. I no longer feel like I have any opportunity for advancement, and the recent restructurings have made it difficult for me and my coworkers to get the help we need.

7 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee

good

Jan 14, 2021 - Marketing in Zürich, Zürich
      Business Outlook

Pros

salaries are very good. benefits are also good

Cons

they do reorgs every quarter

1 person found this review helpful

eBay Response

Thank you for leaving us this review. We're happy to see that you appreciate the time and consideration that is involved with our Compensation & Benefits Teams - they truly work tirelessly to make sure our employees are taken care of. eBay is going through an agile period and unfortunately reorgs are often part of that phase and it all contributes to our tech-led reimagination. If you have additional comments to share, please email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

7. 4.0

great place to work - Leadership Issues

Nov 12, 2020 - Back Office Analyst in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Good group of colleagues very effective training

Cons

Lack of transferable skills Leadership concerns growth opportunities are limited

2 people found this review helpful

eBay Response

Thanks so much for this review. Happy to see that you enjoyed your colleagues and benefits during your time with us. Sorry to hear about your frustrations. If there's more you'd like to share with us, email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

8. 5.0
      Former Intern

Cool

Oct 29, 2020 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

work-life balance culture and good benefits

Cons

everything be good for an intern

eBay Response

Hello and thank you for your review. It's fabulous to read that you enjoyed your intern experience with eBay and we wish you well in your current role. If you'd like to share other comments with us, send an email to glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good culture

Oct 23, 2020 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, good culture, good benefits

Cons

slow career developing if you are in a weak department or category

eBay Response

Thank you for your thoughts! We're glad to see that you've enjoyed your work-life balance, eBay's incredible culture as well as our benefits. If you have any advice on how you feel that eBay can improve regarding career development, let us know at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

10. 4.0

Good Overall

Oct 30, 2020 - Site Merchandising
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are very kind and support each other. Good benefits and pay. Support moving to different teams.

Cons

Lots of restructuring over past couple of years across all areas of company but hopefully it's now in a better place and the current strategy will be followed through.

eBay Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! Sorry to hear about the restructuring that you've experienced in the past. If you have any more comments that you'd like to share, please email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 146 Reviews