eBay Employee Reviews about "decision making"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 114 of over 4,244 reviews

4.1
eBay CEO Jamie Iannone
Jamie Iannone
Pros
  • "Great benefits can move up if you work(in 160 reviews)

• "Very good benefits including health(in 147 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance could br improved(in 144 reviews)

• "Management struggles with decision making(in 114 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "decision making"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Life Friendly Employer

Jul 25, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- fantastic work life balance: work from home whenever, flexible hours - people are generally good to each other; cooperative work environment - great place to learn the best of big data

Cons

- management decision making mainly aimed at on small incremental gains - lack of a sense of pride - business people trump engineers in decision making processes, making many valued engineers leave

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good ecommerce company to work for

Jan 20, 2021 - Risk Policy Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture Good work like balance

Cons

Decision making is bit slow

eBay Response

Thanks for this great review! eBay's culture empowers our employees to make an impact on small businesses around the world - it's a great mission to be a part of. If you'd like to share thoughts on how you feel eBay could improve the decision making process, we'd love to hear it. Please email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company to work for!

Jan 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of smart people, great social atmosphere, lots of opportunities to learn

Cons

too much of hierarchy and politics, slow decision making, management too comfortable to take risks

Continue reading
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Marketing

Nov 28, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Slow decision making. Need to talk to multiple levels

eBay Response

Thanks for taking the time to share this review with us. If you have any feedback regarding how you feel we can streamline our decision making process, please email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good, not great

Oct 27, 2020 - Category Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are amazing, benefits are above and beyond.

Cons

Management struggles with decision making

1 person found this review helpful

eBay Response

G'day and thanks for your review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your team and your benefits while you worked for eBay. Despite eBay Australia being recognised earlier this year as one of Australia's Best Places to Work, we're sorry that you've felt that management struggles with decision making. If you have any suggestions on how you feel we can improve, email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Pros and cons - overall ok

Sep 20, 2020 - Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly environment good mission - help people supportive

Cons

slow decision making process - very layered ambition not rewarded too much politics

eBay Response

Thanks for your review! It's great to see that you enjoy eBay's environment and culture. Sorry to hear that you feel frustrated at the decision making process as well as office politics. If you'd like to discuss those matters further, you can send an email to glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good work culture

Sep 15, 2020 - Manager, Software Development in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pace, good team culture, work life balance

Cons

slow decision making, less focus on core values

eBay Response

Thanks for your review and for your many years at eBay! Great call-out on our pace, culture and work-life balance - these are all things that we work very hard to provide for our employees. If you'd like to elaborate on how eBay could improve, let us know at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee

Tactical firedrill life

Sep 12, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, great purpose. Stock is good

Cons

Poor decision making and years of strategic inertia. Low bar for quality of product esp at lower levels.

eBay Response

We're grateful for your time to leave this review. Our people help keep eBay a unique and dynamic place, while our mission allows eBay to help small businesses thrive in a virtual market. We're sorry to hear that you've felt some frustration with poor decision making and quality control at lower levels of the company. If you'd like to share any advice on how we can improve, let us know at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice place to work

Sep 9, 2020 - Senior Product Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai, Shanghai
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Great integrity and working environment - Work with respect and collaboration

Cons

- Decision making process is not efficient - Not agile enough to changes and fast pace of the changing environment - Lack of innovation

Continue reading

eBay Response

Thank you for your comments! eBay strives to have a culture of integrity and respect, so we're happy to see that your experience has been positive. Sorry to hear that you've felt frustration with decision making and innovation - your advice is spot on. If you have additional insights that you'd like to share with us, please do so at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

Aug 9, 2020 - Senior Product Manager in Tel Aviv-Yafo
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large corporate with endless opportunity

Cons

Large corporate with Slow decision making

eBay Response

Thanks for the time you spent leaving this review! There are definitely endless opportunities at eBay. We're sorry to hear you felt that the decision making was slow at times and if you have any advice on how to mitigate that experience, please email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Reviews