74% would recommend to a friend
(353 total reviews)
84% approve of CEO
Found 353 of over 451 reviews
Updated Nov 8, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "the company has great benefits and the job is amusing." (in 39 reviews)
- "Good training and lots of cheesy staff engagement events" (in 21 reviews)
- "Great people and team." (in 20 reviews)
- "Great Instructors, fun job, great pay, perfect for student, work from home." (in 20 reviews)
- "Good hours and the pay seems good" (in 15 reviews)
- "Poor management, psychologist issue, lier" (in 16 reviews)
- "The salary is a bit low compared to other companies." (in 13 reviews)
- "Other 2 managers appear to be nice and caring." (in 12 reviews)
- "Hours are long" (in 5 reviews)
- "Senior management is never seen and do not get back to you when you attempt to make time to see them to discuss matters." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of belairdirect and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Oct 31, 2023Sales and Customer ServiceCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearToronto, ON
Great organization and team Always willing to help and considerate of others.
If you don't like talking to people a lot... this role isn't for you as the phone lines could be quite busy with clients
- 1.0Nov 8, 2023Expert SalesCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Hybrid work options but that’s the only pro
Micro managed to another level. Managers make you feel like you need to do better always even if your numbers are good. favouritism is the only way to move up in this company. Take a sick day and they make you feel horrible for taking a sick day. First sick day you take they ask for doctors notes and if you question that they will say it’s best to keep in your file incase upper management or hr wants to know. I’m sure that’s illegal. They talk a lot about inclusion but I don’t even think they understand the meaning of inclusion. Listens to calls and knit picks words you have said even if it’s a perfectly good call.
- 2.0Jun 5, 2023Sales and Service AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
- they incentivize and game-ify filling out glassdoor surveys with favourable reviews. I was asked to write a review of what it is like to work with belairdirect and told that I had to send proof of submitting a review to enter a draw prize - thorough training for licensing exam
- had to buy my own monitor, was only supplied with a small 13inch laptop and when the time came after training to start taking calls there was no way i was going to be able to navigate 4+ windows on a tiny screen - i have never been so micromanaged in my life. I had not even met my manager in person during my employmnet but multiples times everyday i would be asked what i was working on. Made me feel like i could not be trusted and that they thought I was incompentent in my role - intense pressure to upsell. When I didnt try to upsell to a client becuase she was waiting for her pension income to come in I was told off for it... sorry for not wanting to be pushy on an elder living below the poverty line.2
- 2.0Sept 15, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsOttawa, ON
variety of work scehdules , however when you start you will be expected to work the later shifts. Work from home option. Dental and health benefits. Employee share purchase plan
Limited options to progress. If you stay in a role for too long you could actually see your salary drop if you wanted to switch to another department to learn other aspects of the business making lateral moves difficult. Alot on managers and employees stay in there roles for s long time which limits opportunites to advance.
- 3.0Sept 18, 2023Specialist SalesCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Extensive training for 6 months, support by peers as you transition into the job, a hybrid work setting that lets you work remotely for most days of the weeks
You can only take a few minutes of a break every day, call center job
- 4.0Sept 14, 2023Sales and Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Every single Unit manager at this location is so kind and understanding and it’s an overall great vibe
The work itself is very fast paced,but everyone is very supportive
- 1.0Sept 20, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsToronto, ON
You can hang up on customers, forget to send out information and the complaint process is so long most clients don’t go through it.
Managers are jerks and are on power trips.
- 3.0Aug 11, 2023Insurance Sales AgentFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
They pay well for a customer service role
Hours are long with little to no break as you have back to back calls with customers. Leader support is there depending on who your manager is.
belairdirect Reviews FAQs
belairdirect has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 451 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at belairdirect to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
74% of belairdirect employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated belairdirect 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.