belairdirect Reviews

Found 182 of over 215 reviews

4.1
belairdirect Chief Executive Officer Charles Brindamour
Charles Brindamour
Pros
  • "good benefits great benefits the best(in 12 reviews)

• "Great Benefits, Great Pay, I love working from home and I love all the initiatives that they bring to the floor(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "be prepared to be told that none of the team leaders want you on their team(in 7 reviews)

• "Call center based; sales pressure(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Jun 30, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, good benefits, great co workers, great training and advancement opportunities. Managers that care about your delopement and help you succeed.

Cons

I can't think of any. I have no complaints

Communications

Thank you for your review and for being part of the belairdirect team! Our aim is to create an environment where employees feel inspired to give their best every day, to thrive and to grow with us. We deliver on this by offering flexible working arrangements, training and development opportunities and the support to help propel you in your career. We encourage you to identify areas of growth that interest you and seize new learning opportunities; that way you can experience how the sky is the limit with us.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good luck chuck

Jun 23, 2021 - Sales Associate in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay for level 1 general exam. Virtual training felt supported by trainers.

Cons

Be careful what team you get on. I had a manager who is micro managing and seemed to be all about getting numbers up. I don’t think this person has any personality. Never seen her smile much or show any empathy to anyone. Abrasive replies in the office messenger system. Other 2 managers appear to be nice and caring. Wished I had one of them. Quit job as felt no learning curve allowed. High expectations to meet target first month after training.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to share your review and are sorry to hear that this was your experience. Micro management is not part of our culture and it is our priority to provide managers with the training needed in order to support their employees and contribute to their professional development. We also believe it's very important to invest in our employees by giving them the most extensive training possible and the tools they need to feel ready to rise to the challenges of their new job, and we regret to hear that you did not feel prepared to excel in your role. Unfortunately we did not have the opportunity to address these concerns with you and we wish you luck wherever you are now.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to Learn Insurance and Grow

Jun 1, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office had standing desks for better posture, work from home capabilities, meetings with your team to enjoy fun office activities. Plenty of Inclusion from Senior managers

Cons

not able to email clients or text clients information

Communications

Hello, thank you for your review! It is our goal to create a work environment where everyone has the tools they need to learn and be successful and to feel inspired to give their best every day – and we try to set aside time for having lots of fun, too. We wish you luck in your future endeavours.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great job for University students

Jul 4, 2021 - Sales Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

amazing benefits, workplace environment and flexibility

Cons

favouritism in the workplace by managers

Communications

Hello, thank you for your review. We offer part-time positions and flexibility in your schedule and because we know how important your studies are and we want you to succeed! Many employees even discover new interests with us while pursuing post-secondary education. When we provide the tools and resources to be successful along with the flexibility and benefits to manage your well-being, there’s no telling how our employees can choose to shape the future! We’re sorry to hear you felt that there was favouritism during your time with us – this is not part of our culture and we strive to do everything in our power to help all our people grow.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

good entry lvl job

Jun 28, 2021 - Insurance Advisor in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay, benefits, friendly people, flexible working from home, training

Cons

sometimes customers just dont understand

Communications

Hello, thank you for your review and welcome to the belairdirect team! We know that the strength of our business comes from our employees and it is important to provide them the tools to be successful such as extensive training and resources and an environment where they feel inspired to thrive with strong teams and flexible working arrangements. In customer-facing roles, employees have the opportunity to interact with customers from all walks of life but it is important to remember our value of being customer driven and to support them by simplifying insurance so they can make the choice that’s right for them. Do not hesitate to reach out to your manager or your other colleagues for their best tips and tricks for building strong relationships with clients – collaborating together is how we win as a team.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work for

Apr 7, 2021 - Sales Associate in North York, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm still new but so far it seems pretty great. There is a lot of room for advancement, the management is really supportive, and they have pretty solid benefits an retirement package. The CEO is incredible.

Cons

Starting salary is a little low but that's to be expected with any entry level position. It's more than made up for with benefits, pension, RRSP, etc.

Communications

Thank you for your review and for choosing to be part of the belairdirect team! Career progression is very important to us and which is why we strive to provide you with training and opportunities to reach your goals within the company. Each year, your performance review gives you an opportunity to show us how you are progressing and we aim to ensure your compensation matches this hard work – it’s something we evaluate consistently. We encourage you to work with your manager to find ways to advance your skillset and to discuss new opportunities to take on where you can shine.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Company, Low Pay

Jun 13, 2021 - Sales and Customer Service in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environments, hey have Engagement committees that work towards improving the work environment (ice cream day, putlocks, etc...)

Cons

The salary was relatively low, but they readjust their salaries mid year.

Communications

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our employees are at the heart of what we do and that is why we know building a strong culture and having fun are important. We base each position's pay on the external market for similar positions within the Canadian marketplace, primarily within the broad financial services sector. Our analysis is also sector based: if your position is specific to the insurance industry, we use market studies from that sector to set your range. We also regularly review and update our market data to ensure that our employee offering remains in step with the market. We wish you luck in your future endeavours!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good place to start a career

May 12, 2021 - Unit Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast career progression even at the start

Cons

Most entry level roles start at a call centre

Communications

Hello, thank you for your review. You're right, it is important to us to encourage professional development and support our employees on their career paths by providing them with opportunities to expand their skillset or develop new ones. We wish you luck wherever you happen to be now!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stable company

Jun 16, 2021 - Insurance Advisor in North York, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere between teams and other functions

Cons

metrics, metrics, metrics, its is all about metrics

Communications

Hello, thank you for your review. Our employees like to put their heads together and collaborate because we know that different skills and perspectives makes us stronger and helps us win as a team. As a leader in the insurance industry, it is important to us that we offer a second-to-none experience for our customers, but this goes beyond numbers; we hope our customer service representatives feel inspired to take on the role of trusted advisor. If you are feeling any pressure, we encourage you to speak with your manager to come to a stress-relieving solution.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Remote Support

Mar 30, 2021 - Sales Agent in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

As soon as I started with this company, they made working from home and being supported remotely very easy. I always have someone I can reach out to you when I need assistance. The agents and management have been welcoming and treat me with the utmost respect.

Cons

Due to Covid I am not able to go to the office to meet my new colleagues.

Communications

Hello and welcome to the belairdirect team! We’re happy to hear that you feel supported working from home, because even though the pandemic means we are not together at the office, we strive to keep the collaboration of our teams strong. We want to ensure everyone has what they need to be successful remotely, while staying safe and healthy. We hope that one day soon you will be able to meet your new colleagues in person. Remember, if there is anything you need, your team is only a quick message away.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 182 Reviews