albelli Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2021

3.7
albelli CEO Tristan Money
Tristan Money
Pros
  • "Innovative IT company with offices next to Central Station(in 9 reviews)

• "Great location, Amsterdam Central(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The open floor plan is nice but can be noisy sometimes(in 3 reviews)

• "no real contra, but Dutch courses for the international employees would be nice(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with room for personal growth

May 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Albelli has strong ambitions in the photo products space and encourages this ambition throughout employees. I love coming to work every day because it’s always dynamic, always engaging and always fun. This is the rare company where you are empowered to take chances, to grow, learn and succeed. When you have a good idea and can show the value, there is space to bring it to life. Great people - I started during the corona period, and in spite of remote working, have quickly integrated and feel part of the team. I find the employee culture warm and supportive. I look forward to in-person events and parties to get to know everyone even more. The positive attitude is infectious. I am continually impressed how colleagues really believe in albelli, value what we do, recognize the trust our customers put in us to preserve their memories. I see this every day in the work colleagues do, across the organization.

Cons

At albelli, we are ambitious and move fast, so change is common. This is great for people who love that but can be challenging for some.

2. 5.0

Flexibility and good mood

Jun 10, 2021 - Marketing Executive in Paris
      Business Outlook

Pros

Albelli did much more than resisting the covid-19 crisis. The business is doing well. The situation has been well managed internally, taking care of the employees' personal concerns and constraints. Remote working did'nt prevent the projects from progressing. When the covid-19 crisis is over, we will keep a great flexibility to come or not to the office.

Cons

After more than one year of remote working, I am missing my colleagues and willing to live again good socialisation moments (drinks, lunches, parties...).

3. 1.0

going down fast

May 28, 2021 - Anonymous in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

if you are here and you would benefit from the sale of the company, it's a perfect chill place to be: just wait for the money to manifest itself in your bank account

Cons

- the new HR departmet is wreaking havoc in the already fragile environment and harasses people with outrageous communiction - since the company was sold, the cost-cutting never stops. each time a new excuse is made up as to why suddenly this perk doesn't exist or why you are not getting a minuscule "raise" you had last year though you have good performance - officially now there's "growth" management instead of "performance" management. they were not even able to explain what it is aside from the fact that your performance now doesn't influence your salary increase. - "change" is made by all the same people over and over again. you can guess the results - subtle toxicity which you won't notice right away, but which will be chasing you throughout your time here - transparency has a very different meaning here. expect to just randomly discover things on your own and be surprised about them - career suicide - a lot of incompetent people in important positions - the management says that they are "data driven" with no data ever being used for the decisions - everyone's equal, but some people are way more equal than others

Response albelli

We are sorry to read about your less positive experience with your employment at albelli. The albelli Leadership team and the People Team are committed to nurture an environment where people can develop their best career moments. In many areas – including People and Culture, we are building a solid base for further growth. We were disappointed to read about your perception of our benefits. We have not cut any benefits; the opposite is the case. Just to name a few that have been introduced in the past year: - Personal Development Budget for all employees; - 2 additional PTO days; - Buying and selling PTO; - Extended paid sick leave; - 30 days of Partner Birth Leave; - Corona Support Measures: additional leave and Working from Home cost contribution allowance; - International Working Policy (8 weeks a year working abroad). We have been able to support these step-ups in benefits (or perks) due to the growth of our business, while supporting our goal of creating a great working environment and culture for our employees. In recent years, our compensation has been on par with the market. We continue to benchmark ourselves against external sources and with our newly developed compensation approach, we want to ensure we continue to be attractive and competitive. We invite you to discuss any of your points raised in either our Leadership Team breakfast sessions, monthly all-company updates, People Team Q and A sessions, or 1 on 1 with your manager or any of our Leadership Team members.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

albelli cares about customers and employees

May 25, 2021 - IT-medewerker in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great results despite Covid-19. The business continued to grow and the company very quickly adapted to working from home. New policies have been formed regarding home office equipment and remote working. We can work from other countries a few times a year, enabling us to travel home despite having to go into quarantine on arrival and return. Team atmosphere is great, we mix fun (online games) with delivering value.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to have visibility of what else is going on in the company outside of our team.

1 person found this review helpful

Response albelli

Thank you for your 5-star review of albelli! We have worked hard to provide our employees with support when it comes to working from home and work abroad, so we are glad to hear this has been benefiting you. We will do our best to keep finding new ways in which we can support you and create a better connection across teams in the business.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Could've been amazing

May 13, 2021 - Marketing in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

The engineers, designers, marketers, customer care workers, and so on. True professionals that keep this company alive.

Cons

Albelli is a fairly large company, but most managers are unprofessional and incompetent and got the title purely because of their seniority. It's no mistake, either: the company is set up to be sold over and over again to generate money for the people mentioned above. Great to be them, but tough for the rest of us that have to deal with a lot of nonsense, low salaries, bureaucracy, and no way to be promoted.

4 people found this review helpful

Response albelli

We are truly sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with during your time at albelli. We are sure to choose our managers based on merit and leadership skills and they have helped the company continue to grow. albelli has been under the same owners for several years now and we are committed to keeping our core values intact.

6. 4.0

OK

May 2, 2021 - N/A in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good employer and nice colleagues

Cons

Growth opportunities are somewhat limited

3 people found this review helpful

Response albelli

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are glad to hear you enjoy working in albelli with our incredible colleagues. We are currently working on our job grading and rewards project which will make growth opportunities in albelli more clear.

7. 5.0

Fast & engaging growth culture

Mar 9, 2021 - Employee in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast & engaging growth culture - Frequent CEO / Company Updates - Strong People Vision & Focus - Great Benefits & COVID support measurements

Cons

- As in many scale-ups sometimes challenging to focus

Response albelli

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your time in albelli. Our CEO is passionate about keeping everyone informed on company updates and has made this a priority.

8. 3.0

Product manager

Apr 6, 2021 - Category Manager in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support during covid times

Cons

Growth path is not clear, no bonuses, no proper reward system

Response albelli

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We made it a priority to support our employees as much as possible during Covid19 times and we are happy to hear this helped you. We are working hard on our job grading and rewards project – this will make growth opportunities clearer in the near future.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very caring for employees during Corona Pandamic

Apr 9, 2020 - Product Owner in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super proud of my employer albelli. As an employee with two young kids (2, 4 years) and two working parents it's a struggle in these coronavirus times. I think it's a great example to businesses alike how albelli is supporting its employees to make the best of it in this period. Through April, parents of young children are offered to work less for full time pay. Every employee gets an extra day of time off to spent time with their family. Employees get full flexibility to fill in their work hours where possible. Lots of incentives are organised to connect with coworkers during and outside of working hours to fill the social gap which especially some of our expats may encounter. Besides that a group of volunteers is set up to help out colleagues in need. Yes. albelli makes me proud. Besides that, it's a company where I experience a lot of joy in my work get the freedom to do IT in the right way - rather than the quick way. Although it sometimes has it's hick-ups, the company is pretty much agile in it's development processes and is able to respond quickly to changes in market environments. The company is currently growing rapidly, understands that has impact on culture and is actively working on driving a culture that supports the growth.

Cons

Distributed locations across Europe bring its challenges time to time, but working in the Amsterdam main office that is not a real issue.

1 person found this review helpful

Response albelli

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. It is important to us that our employees feel supported and cared for over the past few months and we are happy to hear this has been the case for you. We will take into account your feedback about working across locations & discuss how we can improve this.

10. 5.0

Good place to work!

Dec 5, 2020 - Software Engineer in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

With technologies up to date, interesting projects, freedom to act, and smart colleagues

Cons

None a big one that I can think of

Response albelli

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate it! We are happy to hear you enjoy working in albelli. We work hard to create a space where our software engineers can work with interesting technologies and projects.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 Reviews