Zuora Employee Reviews about "zeo"

Updated Aug 10, 2020

Found 17 of over 459 reviews

4.0
Zuora Founder & CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo
Pros
  • "The company has a great culture(in 17 reviews)

• "Empowerment as ZEO to voice out any concerns - Glint Survey brings out key aspects of employee engagement(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "infectious energy can lead to work life balance challenges(in 20 reviews)

• "Organizationally we are maturing into a larger organization so at times there are some operational growing pains (but I have seen that everywhere)(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

183 Comments

Tech

36.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Zuora~233316
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "zeo"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Current Employee

Great team, but lack vision for future

Aug 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Overall people are great to work with and has depth knowledge within their respective fields so plenty of opportunity to learn - Truly a ZEO culture where you can determine the outcome of your career - Responsive management team that has taken great actions to address concerns around COVID, BLM, and etc.

Cons

- Top heavy across the organization and not enough IC - ZEO culture: too much reliance on the individual to create their own career plan; HR and learning and development team needs to be engaged and involved in creating framework around how to develop teams (and talk to them) - Lack of focus around product. Stop trying to do too many different things, but focus on few key top priorities

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Strong business strategy and incredible leadership team

Mar 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a ZEO, I feel empowered to make decisions which help the business scale and grow. The leadership team is transparent, collaborative and committed to the success of the company. The new OKR process translates the business strategy down to objectives and key results for leaders and their teams, so everyone is aligned and heading in the same direction. Excited for what is ahead for our business!!

Cons

Nothing to note - excited to be part of this team!

ZEO Success Team

We're excited too--it's only the beginning! Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bad Local Management but good Zuora culture

Mar 8, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

1)6 months of Paternity leave, Best insurance coverage for Self and Family, RSUs. 2) Work From Home Option 3) Lots of freedom to implement your thoughts and ideas 4) A true ZEO culture. Every employee is a COE of their career 5) Great opportunity to learn Subscription business 6) Career Cash is an wonderful personal development idea for every employee to utitlize the amount and learn great things of their interest in parallel to work 7)We can learn product wise and for fresher it is good startup if you want carrer growth. zuora Product is good and zuora onsite is good

Cons

1)Micro management in Zuora India team and HR. 2)Managers (especially Support India team) behaviour is senseless with employees since experienced resources are NOT been utilized properly and they dont know about managing employees. 3)Director/Manager doesnt know about product and management skills.Just coming and going.. 4)No perosnal developemnt growth,carrer growth and team growth. 5)Stil managemnt could not identified who is working good/hard and who is not working.Not working people getting all facilities in office Working people are getting tension,fraustartion and problems in office. 6)There is NO WIN - WIN type of work culture in Zuora India. 7)Worst working culture as management supports to employees who speaks about sensitive/personal matters about other employees 8)Recently Zuora India fired resources without giving any notice period 9)NO scope of internal JOB rotation. 10)No work life balance. 11)Managers are involving employee perosnal matters. 12). Clearly no job security. 13) Fake promises around the appraisal/hikes. 14). Chennai's attrition rate is highly seen lately due to poor line managers' incapability of utilising employees' skills. 15)Director/manager give importance to few people only and they are only getting all facilities.

8 people found this review helpful

ZEO Success Team

Thank you for your thorough feedback. We have a newly appointed HR leader in Chennai whose priority will be to improve our employee experience. We look forward to the positive impact this will have on you and the rest of our ZEOs in India.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A true Employee Focused Company

Oct 4, 2019 - Manager, Global Services in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) The best policies for Employees: 6 months of Paternity leave, Best insurance coverage for Self and Family, RSUs. 2) Work From Home Option 3) A lot of freedom to implement your thoughts and ideas 4) A true ZEO culture. Every employee is a COE of their career 5) Great opportunity to learn Subscription business 6) Career Cash is an wonderful personal development idea for every employee to utitlize the amount and learn great things of their interest in parallel to work.

Cons

Zuora's name is still new to the local crowd. Doing something for local Brand binding could be a great thing.

Talent Team

Thank you for your feedback, we're glad to hear it! And yes, we look forward to continuing to build our global brand footprint.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Zuora empowers it leaders to run thier own organization which helps deliver key results consistently

Oct 3, 2019 - Manager in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work culture Excellent Infrastructure Empowerment as ZEO to voice out any concerns - Glint Survey brings out key aspects of employee engagement Every ZEO has an opportunity to give back to the society - D&I committee, Z-Women and Zuora Org are great initiatives for contribution to society Share options to ZEOs

Cons

Improve communication and reassurance in case of leadership changes or restructuring

Talent Team

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! We hope the recent increase in communications is bringing further transparency and making an impact. And yes if we're going to build The World Subscribed, we'll need to keep expanding.

6. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

An incredible summer at Zuora

Sep 9, 2019 - Brand Marketing Intern in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My time as a ZEO has truly been an unforgettable experience. Over the past three months, I have completed interesting projects, developed lifelong relationships, and have grown both personally and professionally. From fully immersing myself in all three stages of the marketing cycle (planning, execution, and implementation), I have had the opportunity to turn visions into tangible outcomes. Zuora has allowed me to take full ownership of my career, feel empowered to take on challenges, and be a part of a uniquely collaborative culture. I am beyond thankful to have surrounded myself with the most inspiring, innovative leaders in the industry who are shifting the way the world does business. Zuora truly brings out the best in each and every individual both in and out of the office. Becoming a ZEO has been one of my best decisions to date!

Cons

Zuora is growing fast! It's challenging, but absolutely rewarding.

7. 5.0

Great place to work!

Nov 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing employee (ZEO) focused company with a powerful inclusive culture that supports success for everyone. A great CEO and leadership team. An exciting growing business

Cons

A little crazy and unstructured at times. Leaders who are scaling into big roles because of the rapid growth but few big issues

6 people found this review helpful

Talent Team

Thanks for the feedback, we're glad to hear it! Growth is exciting and brings a lot of opportunity but we hear you and we'll continue to focus on our leadership and all ZEO development so we can keep building our company for the future.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company culture, visionary CEO, strong marketing with the product to back it up

Sep 27, 2018 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

- In the 3+ years I've been here, I've had multiple opportunities to grow my career and I'm constantly learning. - On the sales side, you have a unique opportunity to sell a visionary product to some of the most disruptive companies, both start-ups and global enterprises going through business transformation. - Zuora does a great job of recruiting talented and smart people so you’re surrounded by individuals who are passionate about their job and who challenge the status quo to drive innovation. It’s contagious. - The sales support is strong across management, enablement, sales tools, marketing, cross-functional teams, and even executive support. - The sales culture is competitive, collaborative and incentivizing. - Great benefits: healthcare, flexible work schedules, paternity/maternity leave (6 months!), 3 weeks of PTO, ESPP, ZEO-led programs, etc.

Cons

Cons are hard to think of but if you have an issue with something it's pretty easy to take the initiative and fix it.

Talent Team

Thanks for the positive feedback, we're glad to hear it! Our sales team is critical to our shared success, so thank you for all that you do to keep our company growing and we'll be sure to keep listening and evolving with you.

9. 5.0

Employee Friendly Company

Aug 7, 2018 - Manager in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

ZEO culture - everyone is the CEO hence they are ZEO's and responsible on their own...

Cons

Need to fine tune certain policies for the country specific operations in India, but a great company to work with....

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Company with awesome culture

Apr 18, 2018 - Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

ZEO-culture, Constant Learning, Chill Crew! Easily one of the best places to work in. Once in lifetime experience.

Cons

Individual Growth could use a little more work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews