Zuora Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 31 of over 459 reviews

4.0
Zuora Founder & CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo
Pros
  • "The company has a great culture(in 17 reviews)

• "Empowerment as ZEO to voice out any concerns - Glint Survey brings out key aspects of employee engagement(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "infectious energy can lead to work life balance challenges(in 20 reviews)

• "Organizationally we are maturing into a larger organization so at times there are some operational growing pains (but I have seen that everywhere)(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

Zuora Beijing

Jan 20, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in Beijing, Beijing, Beijing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Customer-centric, great location, family-friendly, snacks, work-life-balance

Cons

The salary in China is about average or lower.

2. 1.0

stay away

Oct 27, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

not much to be fair. people are nice.

Cons

zero work life balance, miserable culture, no 401K match, PTO policy is terrible, product is overpriced, no career path

4 people found this review helpful

183 Comments

Tech

36.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Zuora~233316
      Join the conversation on
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mixed Feelings

Jul 21, 2020 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, the company tries to take care of its employees

Cons

No work life balance, products need a lot of work, no accountability on management

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

SWE Intern

Jul 4, 2020 - Software Engineer(Internship) in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance, everyone friendly, very relaxed. Good breakfast, nice office and location close to Caltrain.

Cons

I don’t think I recall any.

ZEO Success Team

Awesome. Thanks for your feedback!

6. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Amazing, Cross-Functional, Engaging

Jun 19, 2020 - Communications Intern in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work/life balance, female leadership. The people at Zuora know what they are doing. Work here today. No, seriously -- it is amazing. Zuora's community is full of leaders in their fields. Great pay.

Cons

If any cons, they are minimal.

ZEO Success Team

Thanks for your feedback--we're glad to hear you're enjoying your experience!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

transforming and transformational

Apr 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of new leadership in the last year. Exciting changes being made and doubling down on making our customers successful.

Cons

infectious energy can lead to work life balance challenges

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bad Local Management but good Zuora culture

Mar 8, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

1)6 months of Paternity leave, Best insurance coverage for Self and Family, RSUs. 2) Work From Home Option 3) Lots of freedom to implement your thoughts and ideas 4) A true ZEO culture. Every employee is a COE of their career 5) Great opportunity to learn Subscription business 6) Career Cash is an wonderful personal development idea for every employee to utitlize the amount and learn great things of their interest in parallel to work 7)We can learn product wise and for fresher it is good startup if you want carrer growth. zuora Product is good and zuora onsite is good

Cons

1)Micro management in Zuora India team and HR. 2)Managers (especially Support India team) behaviour is senseless with employees since experienced resources are NOT been utilized properly and they dont know about managing employees. 3)Director/Manager doesnt know about product and management skills.Just coming and going.. 4)No perosnal developemnt growth,carrer growth and team growth. 5)Stil managemnt could not identified who is working good/hard and who is not working.Not working people getting all facilities in office Working people are getting tension,fraustartion and problems in office. 6)There is NO WIN - WIN type of work culture in Zuora India. 7)Worst working culture as management supports to employees who speaks about sensitive/personal matters about other employees 8)Recently Zuora India fired resources without giving any notice period 9)NO scope of internal JOB rotation. 10)No work life balance. 11)Managers are involving employee perosnal matters. 12). Clearly no job security. 13) Fake promises around the appraisal/hikes. 14). Chennai's attrition rate is highly seen lately due to poor line managers' incapability of utilising employees' skills. 15)Director/manager give importance to few people only and they are only getting all facilities.

8 people found this review helpful

ZEO Success Team

Thank you for your thorough feedback. We have a newly appointed HR leader in Chennai whose priority will be to improve our employee experience. We look forward to the positive impact this will have on you and the rest of our ZEOs in India.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Not so good!

Nov 20, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career cash Kudoz Work from Home Recognition for real performers

Cons

No respect for the employees No work life balance

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work, but not in Chennai

Nov 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Flexibility. 2) Career Growth. 3) Work from home options. 4) Kudos rewards for every good work.

Cons

1) Worst India management(Especially top management and senior HR in Chennai). 2) HR will show partiality to few people. 2) They say there is no bond in Zuora policy, But Chennai office alone having 3 years of bond for freshers. 3) Work life balance is very hard, as you need to be active(at night) at anytime when the issue comes. 4) On-site people will treat the off-shore employees as labors. 5) Unnecessary team changes and termination will happen, without proper reason. Happened for support team members.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for your honest feedback. Whilst it is good to hear that you feel there are many positives to life at Zuora, I am sorry to hear that you felt that these were outweighed by the cons that you mention. To pick up on some of these: - We do have a bond policy, this is clearly stated in the contract and freely entered in to at the time of hire. - Work-life is something we are working actively to address through continuing to invest in additional headcount (we are nearly 200 employees in Chennai now!) and office-space (two years ago, we only had one floor, now we have three). Some teams do work shifts, and this is made clear during the recruitment process, and we have introduced a generous night-shift allowance. - Yes, there have been a couple of small-scale organisation changes, in response to making sure we are able to continually adapt for the next phase of our growth. As we continue to scale, change will be an ongoing theme. What we need to do is to make sure that the reasons for any change are clearly communicated. - Without specific examples, I can't respond to your comments about HR and senior management but as a general comment we have just completed our first Manager Enablement program for Chennai to ensure the highest professional standards of leadership. There will be more to follow. If there is anything you would like to discuss with me on a confidential basis then please let me know. Thanks Marc

11. 4.0

Zuora Work Culture

Sep 18, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some really good benefits to employees !! As a start up ,great to have such kind of benefits !! Infrastructure is really good !! HR policies are really good and easily approachable for anything !!Your honest feedback will be valued ! You can approach all the management level people very easily !!

Cons

Work life balance can be better !!

Talent Team

Thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews