Zuora Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Mar 3, 2020

Found 16 of over 459 reviews

4.0
Zuora Founder & CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo
Pros
  • "The company has a great culture(in 17 reviews)

• "Empowerment as ZEO to voice out any concerns - Glint Survey brings out key aspects of employee engagement(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "infectious energy can lead to work life balance challenges(in 20 reviews)

• "Organizationally we are maturing into a larger organization so at times there are some operational growing pains (but I have seen that everywhere)(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

183 Comments

Tech

36.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Zuora~233316
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

5 years and looking forward to the next 5!

Mar 3, 2020 - Manager in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Getting involved and making an impact at all levels. Tactical, strategic, culture, etc.

Cons

none really. We are a growing company 2 years out of IPO. Our growing pains are normal.

Be the first to find this review helpful

ZEO Success

Thanks for your feedback and dedication to our mission. We're looking forward to the next 5+ years as well!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with a lot of focus on strategy

Aug 12, 2019 - Director of Operations in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the leadership team and their dedicated focus on the business and the best strategy to create a great customer experience. There are very smart and collaborative people throughout the organization. The company is very inclusive and allows me to be me.

Talent Team

Thank you for your feedback and dedication!

3. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Experience

Aug 9, 2019 - Software Engineer(Internship) in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, very collaborative and supportive

Cons

Growing rapidly, so some growing pains

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love the people, product, and pay!

Sep 4, 2018 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO and management are truly seeking to create a great company. Their intent, heart, and mind are all in the right place. The company is constantly evaluating itself and finding ways to improve. ESPP program is tops! Solution meets a gap in the market #1 provider within the space Fun Hip Hop-doowop~

Cons

Hyper growth company so growing pains ensue.

Talent Team

We're glad to hear it, thanks for sharing your feedback!

5. 5.0

Smart People Doing Smart Things that Matter

Jan 8, 2018 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Intellectually stimulating environment - Visionary product - Great opportunities to learn, experiment, try new things, take initiative - Inspirational leader - Fun environment with lots of free perks (good food, biometric screenings, parties, cool Zuora swag, etc., etc.) - Working at Zuora, you really feel like you're building something important that potentially can impact all consumers across the globe

Cons

- Hectic startup pace - Not enough resources to do all that needs to be done - Growing pains of a rapidly expanding company that's trying to hold on to its startup mentality while at the same time becoming more operational mature

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee

I think I can make a difference here!

Dec 19, 2017 - Customer Success Manager in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant helpful feedback loops; great onboard training for your role as well as the product and internal culture; flexibility and autonomy within your role; work among passionate, intelligent, hard working people; exciting roadmap for the future of the company; lots of snacks and generous employee benefits. All this plus the team at Zuora is made up of the highest caliber people all coming together around a common goal. I love working here and could really see this job redefining my career.

Cons

No 401k matching (yet); growing pains that are to be expected from an expanding company of this size.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Announced as "Best Place to Work" for a Reason!

Dec 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is truly a gem. We are so lucky to have such a transparent environment and really feel like we are a part of something special. What makes this place so amazing are the people. I feel we are surrounded by some of Silicon Valley's best and brightest individuals who inspire you to be better and do better. We have many resources to help us with development in our position and in our career such as lynda.com, a yearly credit for resources/activities, and many trainings offered by HR. Each quarter we get to nominate our fellow coworkers and teams for the prestigious Z-Awesome award. This highlights those that have stood out that quarter and have gone above and beyond the call of duty (this does not mean working extra hours). You can also recognize your coworkers through "You Earned It" points which is another program that shows the value each person has on their relationships with their colleagues. Along with all these amazing things, we have a culture that pushes you to take hold of your career with providing you and environment that is supportive and resources to do so. I feel like a ZEO here and know this is a great place to build your career and be a part of something exciting.

Cons

Typical start-up growing pains. Forecasting could be better which would help to offset the amount of work on each employee so we have the right amount of resources. Continue to add diversity in the workplace.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Still very happy with my decision to join Zuora!

Nov 17, 2016 -  in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It has been two years since I joined Zuora and I am still very happy with my decision. I appreciate the impact that I have on a daily basis and the professional relationships I have created (internally & externally). I work with very sharp, culture driven, do what it takes to get it done employees. It is a great combination to drive our company to further success. I anticipate a lot of great things to come!

Cons

there are certainly growing pains for a 600 person company, but nothing that is extreme or cannot be overcome.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Solid Enterprise Software Company

Jan 25, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Many mid career employees with experience who can become your mentor -Marketing team made a boring Chinese made product sexy -Support team is one of the best in the industry -Sales team is surprisingly much better than other enterprise companies I have worked for

Cons

-Like all hyper-growth companies, growing pains included hiring sub-par employees with second rate educations and backgrounds -One of the latest reviews said pay is commensurate with industry standards. Negative, salaries are easily 20k less than anything found in San Francisco -A few jerks in the Global Services team with no Silicon Valley blood, management won't do anything about it -Promotions are political like every company you've ever worked for

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Recruiting

Jun 4, 2015 - Senior Recruiter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Our customer base are disruptors, positive reaction from candidates being presented with the opportunity once they understand the nature of our business and what we are achieving, candidates want to be part of something special and be part of the next wave of large enterprise driven software IPOs. It's a no-brainer opportunity if you understand the market.

Cons

typical growing pains of a mid-stage pre-IPO software company which is easily counteracted if you take ownership of what you do.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews