Zenoss, Inc. Employee Reviews about "zenoss"

Updated Feb 29, 2020

Found 9 of over 121 reviews

3.8
Zenoss, Inc. CEO Greg Stock
Greg Stock
Pros
  • "Culture drives personal productivity but not at the sake of work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "This company lives and breathes its core values(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No 401k profit sharing for employees(in 10 reviews)

• "Despite analyst coverage, sales still educating the market about Zenoss(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

180 Comments

Tech

33.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Zenoss, Inc.~106407
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "zenoss"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee

Come to relax - leave to build a career

Feb 29, 2020 -  in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very relaxed Great snacks and food Good benefits

Cons

Almost all executives and senior management left for good reason. Huge amount of sales turnover. This company lags behind others in capabilities, and in identity. There’s no clear vision and no path to win set in place. Revenue and sales have dropped substantially each year since Zenoss lost its OEM with Cisco. The push is for SaaS yet barely any of the customers use the cloud based solution.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Emerging leader in a hot but competitive tech sector

Jan 13, 2020 - Sales in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees live the core values; Product evolution is positioning the company for market leadership; Analysts recognize and acknowledge Zenoss as a leader; Good team who has each other's backs

Cons

Competitive space means sales has to be on top of our game; Constant learning required as the tech evolves; Despite analyst coverage, sales still educating the market about Zenoss

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Unrealized potential

Apr 15, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting technology - cloud, containers, etc. Good people Strong customer focus

Cons

Not growing, missing targets Exec team is a mixed bag Zenoss is competing in a crowded market with companies that are well funded, more aggressive, and executing better on both product and sales

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A Day In The Life & Everything Zen!

Jan 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Run like a real business and not on "fantasy land funding" which is a huge plus. - Great benefits! Employee success does a fabulous job here...better than most. - Lean company...little bloat. - Solid executive team. Addition of the new SVP of Sales was a huge plus. CCO and Head of Product is amazing. All of them are real people, approachable and transparent. - Culture and values are real and embraced companywide. Zenoss is not another Austin company modeled after Ayn Rand writings, MBA 101 or just a gong in the corner of a room. Real people...real culture. - One of the best teams I have worked with in my career and I would share a meal with 99.999999% of the people at Zenoss and have no problem referring others to Zenoss or Zenoss colleagues anywhere life takes them. - Solid solution offerings and latest release, Zenoss Cloud, is going to gain more and more traction. - Engineering team is fantastic to work with and very talented. - Work life balance strong! - The love and support of animals as part of the culture is worth noting and something important to me. MVP employee is Olive the Product Management bulldog. - Interview process is fair, very comprehensive and tough. Come as you are! - No...they do not make employees do reviews.

Cons

- I am sure everyone can move on to their next opportunity, look back, and nit pick things to death but that is not my MO. I cannot think of anything I would change that has not already been communicated via all the opportunities Zenoss gives employees to communicate. - Glassdoor Trolls - I think the most recent slew of negative reviews are just a troll or two who cannot move on in life from one thing to the next. People can see that. So a Con would be trolls doing inaccurate reviews.

9 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It’s all smoke and mirrors.

Apr 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly friendly people, a laid-back atmosphere, and it’s not hard to be one of the smartest people in the room.

Cons

Here is what potential prospects should know: - This is a software company that wishes it was a marketing company and is only hanging on by the thread of its customer service organization and the herculean efforts they go through to keep this 11-year old open source platform from falling down. - Sales is hamstrung at every turn, Marketing literally doesn’t understand the product, space, or market drivers, and Engineering is the wild, wild west. - This company will never achieve escape velocity toward a public offering. NET: Zenoss is an easy place to work, so long as you don’t expect success and are not frustrated by petty politics, a lack of strategy, and poor leadership from the topmost level. Bonus advice for anyone interviewing: - Ask someone how many quarters Zenoss has actually hit its bookings target in in the last 3 years (hint: Approximately the same number of basketball games the Washington Generals have won). - Ask multiple people to explain what “SDITO” is. Watch them fumble around aimless for words and marvel at how none of the answers are remotely the same.

8 people found this review helpful

Zenoss, Inc. Response

CCO

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Zenoss is not the right place for everyone, nor is it perfect. But it is great for the vast majority of our employees and has tremendous support from our very engaged Board. By soliciting direct feedback through an anonymous survey every 6 months, quarterly company meetings with open Q&A, and a clear open door/ask anything culture, we hope that all our employees find a venue that is right for them to share how we can improve. We are sorry that Zenoss was not right for you and wish you luck in the future.

6. 5.0

Zenoss is a Company to Watch

Jan 24, 2016 - Director, Customer Communications in Phila, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've played sports through college and being a part of a winning team is a must. The executive team at Zenoss is not only an incredible mix of seasoned, talented and professional people, but truly there to coach all of us to a win. Now reporting to Megan Lueders, VP of Marketing, I am learning every day as the new world of marketing and PR changes at an incredible pace. Last year we were recognized by Forbes and Austin Statesman as a top company work for - but ask any of the employees and our customers + partners, the changes and new playbook that we are operating from is creating this unique place to work and work with from the customer and partner perspective.

Cons

Working remotely has so many benefits and Zenoss does embrace this - however, I would like to spend more time with my team.

21 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Brilliant people, lots of work to do - but a bright future ahead.

Dec 30, 2013 - Staff Software Developer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zenoss has some of the smartest and most interesting people I've ever worked with. Everyone at the company is always willing to lend a hand, answer a question, and give direction without making you feel bad for taking their time. Difficult problems and working with new technologies really pushes you as a developer and keeps the job interesting, challenging, and just the right amount of frightening. So far, I've found it difficult to stay bored. Benefits are really good and the culture in the development department is the best I've experienced. Work-life balance is important here and that doesn't necissarily mean that everyone is ready to hit the door at 5pm.

Cons

Zenoss is a complex product that has accumulated a lot of technical debt but the company has committed to cleaning that debt up; which means that you sometimes get stuck working on outdated and poorly written features. Working on a hard problem in an area of poorly written software is frustrating, but honestly, work isn't always sunshine and smiles.

2 people found this review helpful

Zenoss, Inc. Response

SVP, Customer Success

Thanks for the comments on the development team culture. Alan and Mike have been working hard to foster that, great to hear that it is working! I can say that the rest of the exec team is just as focused on building growth paths, clear and open communication paths, and a real sense of ownership for everyone at Zenoss.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 17, 2013 - Senior Support Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They allow you to work remotely which is very convenient. You get to work with excellent co-workers, very bright people (they hire properly). Always something fun to work on.

Cons

I can't personally fault much when it comes to Zenoss. They were lacking in certain processes in the past such as QA, but they have made significant improvements recently and things are looking good.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

positive work environment and good business outlook for the company

Apr 15, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Going in I had heard some of the less than positive comments from previous employees at Zenoss. After talking to a number of employees who had been with the company for more than a few years it was clear that circumstances were a bit rocky for the company in the 2010 and 2011 time frame. The majority of employees work in the Austin office but for a long time there were no company execs based in Austin - CEO was based in Maryland office. The CEO has since relocated to Austin and the new CMO is also in Austin, making for a more engaged and transparent management team. The company was also trying to land some big partnership deals that drained resources and distracted the company. Those distractions are now history. The vibe at the company now is positive and upbeat. Seems like the right product at the right time in the market, business is growing steadily and the outlook is bright. I'm glad I made the decision to come here...

Cons

Zenoss is still a relatively small company and resources are limited (fewer than 100 employees). As in most small companies it's easy to fall into the trap of trying to pursue too many good opportunities and end up getting spread too thin and not able to execute effectively in any one area. This is a common growing pain for companies the size of Zenoss, management team will need to keep an eye on this and correct course as we grow.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews